Garrison @ San Augustine

easttxoc

Normally I do not respond to such dribble, but to ridicule not only one program but several is a little much. I understand you are glad to be winning again, after your journey into 2A and the lack of success the Rams had. Now you are 3-0 with wins against Tenaha, Shelbyville and Hemphill and think you are the king of the pile in 1A. I will give you a little advice, be humble because the journey is not an easy one and as the season progresses you will meet some teams that will take great pride in letting you know what your team is all about. Garrison was fortunate to win back-to-back Region III Championships in 1A and met the type of teams I warn you about in the State Semi-Finals. Maybe it is Joaquin's turn maybe not, for there are many teams out there that know how to win and show class. I hope you learn some of these simple lessons, because the day you fall you have set yourself up for some harsh words from many outsiders, and I will be first in line. Roll On Dogs!

Wow settle down. Joaquin has had pretty good success in 1a if you will think just a few years ago before we went to 2a.. Joaquin was defeated by a very good Goldthwaite team in the state semifinals , and know the caliber of teams you meet. I know Garrison isnt a horrible team, but trying to down Joaquin shouldnt be your next move to prove it. Good luck to the dogs this year

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SA will play well enough to win but I don't think it will be a blow out as some of the posts are stating...garrison is improving and always seems to play well against SA...I could be wrong and it could be a blow out who knows but I say SA in another close one 42-35

Wow settle down. Joaquin has had pretty good success in 1a if you will think just a few years ago before we went to 2a.. Joaquin was defeated by a very good Goldthwaite team in the state semifinals , and know the caliber of teams you meet. I know Garrison isnt a horrible team, but trying to down Joaquin shouldnt be your next move to prove it. Good luck to the dogs this year

I have not downed Joaquin on this or any other thread, and my post was directed at one person that in my opinion crossed the line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here and can post it at will. I usually play nice and talk about things that pertain to the game, but there are also times that I will respond in defense of a proud program. This happens to be one of those times and I still stand behind my words to this particular poster. There are a limited few programs that never have to go through growing pains and losing seasons, for the rest of us when it comes your turn on the top enjoy the ride and stay humble. At the moment Joaquin is riding high, so enjoy it and remember you could be one graduating class away to being a "slouch" team as one of your locals likes to refer to teams that are not winning. Garrison vs. San Augustine is where my thoughts are this week, win or lose the Bulldogs will remain a proud program. Roll On Dogs!

I have not downed Joaquin on this or any other thread, and my post was directed at one person that in my opinion crossed the line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here and can post it at will. I usually play nice and talk about things that pertain to the game, but there are also times that I will respond in defense of a proud program. This happens to be one of those times and I still stand behind my words to this particular poster. There are a limited few programs that never have to go through growing pains and losing seasons, for the rest of us when it comes your turn on the top enjoy the ride and stay humble. At the moment Joaquin is riding high, so enjoy it and remember you could be one graduating class away to being a "slouch" team as one of your locals likes to refer to teams that are not winning. Garrison vs. San Augustine is where my thoughts are this week, win or lose the Bulldogs will remain a proud program. Roll On Dogs!

Nice Post!

Nice Post!

I agree with both of your posts, Joaquin probably has not beaten a real high caliber team thus far this year and will not have the opportunity to do so until they play Carlisle in a few weeks. And you are also right there are some very very good football teams in 1A in the state of Texas and each of those teams are one graduating class away from having a down year. Joaquin has been through it, Garrison is going through it early this year (even though I think yall will be just fine as the year wears on towards the end) it's called small school football its just part of it. So staying humble and working hard each day is the key to getting the most out of a great opportunity and I can assure you that the people that matter, Joaquin's players and coaches are definitely doing just that!

I agree with both of your posts, Joaquin probably has not beaten a real high caliber team thus far this year and will not have the opportunity to do so until they play Carlisle in a few weeks. And you are also right there are some very very good football teams in 1A in the state of Texas and each of those teams are one graduating class away from having a down year. Joaquin has been through it, Garrison is going through it early this year (even though I think yall will be just fine as the year wears on towards the end) it's called small school football its just part of it. So staying humble and working hard each day is the key to getting the most out of a great opportunity and I can assure you that the people that matter, Joaquin's players and coaches are definitely doing just that!

I have seen the good, bad and ugly over the years involving Garrison football, as well as many others in the area 1A and 2A ranks. I feel for the young guys that know what it takes to play on a high level, but have yet to find that consistency in their play to find success at the end of the game. Whether it is Garrison, Alto, San Augustine, Joaquin or any other small school, you are correct to seize an opportunity takes hard work and dedication. There are several teams in the Rams district with talent and experience including Carlisle and Big Sandy, if they run the table and win district I will be the first to tip my hat for their efforts. Playing this week on the road again versus a talented SA team is another opportunity to grow up and start walking the walk. Roll On Dogs!

I have seen the good, bad and ugly over the years involving Garrison football, as well as many others in the area 1A and 2A ranks. I feel for the young guys that know what it takes to play on a high level, but have yet to find that consistency in their play to find success at the end of the game. Whether it is Garrison, Alto, San Augustine, Joaquin or any other small school, you are correct to seize an opportunity takes hard work and dedication. There are several teams in the Rams district with talent and experience including Carlisle and Big Sandy, if they run the table and win district I will be the first to tip my hat for their efforts. Playing this week on the road again versus a talented SA team is another opportunity to grow up and start walking the walk. Roll On Dogs!

As will I.

good luck to both teams. some small town schools are not one graduation class away from a down year. mart reloads. this should be a great game. both teams will build off this game. playoff atmosphere

dude you re a jack ###### pure and simple.

Garrison is not terrible or a slouch. They have as much talent as anyone in east tx. Yes, they lost a good senior class but are learning a complete new system with less experienced but very talented kids. I can promise you the Dawgs will be in the playoffs come late November and will go in as the second place team behind Arp. As far as Joaquin having not played any good teams, i think that's #### but i will add my response to the Ram's thread. This is the Dawg's thread and I say Roll Dawgs and good luck Friday night. I think yall r gonna win but the score don't matter. W is a W

Game day for a bunch of excited young men from both schools. One of the great wonders of youth is the ability to quickly forget what happened last week and embrace the opportunity for the moment at hand. Another week of lessons and daily responsibilities in and out of the classroom have come and gone, and the cool air signals to them it is that special night. Many emotions will course through their body throughout the day as they anticipate the flipping of the coin, the National Anthem and that ball sitting on the tee. The added atmosphere of the bands, cheerleaders and fans rush adrenaline through their already pounding veins, letting them know it is great to have this moment. This violent game brings with it on every snap individual efforts that are the building blocks of their determination and pride. The culmination of these individual efforts will determine the final outcome to be shared by all. Their competitive spirit has them celebrate in victory and feel sorrow in defeat, for this is the nature of the beast. I applaud and respect all the players for laying so much on the line, because these two emotions are a certainty at the end of the game. My prayers are for an injury free game for both teams, and that they play the game the way it was intended, with class and honor. Rev 'em up guys! Run your motor and play with heart! Roll On Dogs!

Game day for a bunch of excited young men from both schools. One of the great wonders of youth is the ability to quickly forget what happened last week and embrace the opportunity for the moment at hand. Another week of lessons and daily responsibilities in and out of the classroom have come and gone, and the cool air signals to them it is that special night. Many emotions will course through their body throughout the day as they anticipate the flipping of the coin, the National Anthem and that ball sitting on the tee. The added atmosphere of the bands, cheerleaders and fans rush adrenaline through their already pounding veins, letting them know it is great to have this moment. This violent game brings with it on every snap individual efforts that are the building blocks of their determination and pride. The culmination of these individual efforts will determine the final outcome to be shared by all. Their competitive spirit has them celebrate in victory and feel sorrow in defeat, for this is the nature of the beast. I applaud and respect all the players for laying so much on the line, because these two emotions are a certainty at the end of the game. My prayers are for an injury free game for both teams, and that they play the game the way it was intended, with class and honor. Rev 'em up guys! Run your motor and play with heart! Roll On Dogs!

Again , well said BOSS.

I received a phone call this morning from a close friend that is still in the coaching business, wanting to know when I became a "bleeping" English major. I was hurt that he was not proud of my literary skills, as he plainly pointed out that the readers on Smoaky do not know me as well as he does. Show your true colors and let them know how you really feel and quit writing stories! So this is for those that really know Sawboss, Garrison has but one thing to do and that is play hard and leave it all on the field. Winning will take care of itself and San Augustine is in the way, Bulldogs will G.A.T.A. (Get After That A$$!) Roll On Dogs! Thanks to an old coach and friend for getting me back on track.

Pulling for the Wolves in this one... I know emotions will be high on the SA side for sure, they still have something to prove after getting beaten by Grace and then a hard fought win over Deweyville... I think San Augustine has the better team, but they will have to execute and play with the passion and intensity that they displayed at times last year that helped them succeed the way they did.... There comes a time when you have to stop listening to everyone tell you how good you are and go out and prove it!!! I think tonight the Wolves begin to prove it in 2012...

San Augustine 41

Garrison 14

I think San Augustine has the better team, but they will have to execute and play with the passion and intensity

Isn't this what we hear every year that Garrison and SA play? SA always has better athletes, more speed, etc. I invite anyone to go back and look at the historical standings and you will see a different story. SA may very well come out on top on the football field tonight, but it's going to have to happen on the field, not on Smoaky.com. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. Hope everyone makes it back safe and sound, both players and fans alike.

Isn't this what we hear every year that Garrison and SA play? SA always has better athletes, more speed, etc. I invite anyone to go back and look at the historical standings and you will see a different story. SA may very well come out on top on the football field tonight, but it's going to have to happen on the field, not on Smoaky.com. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. Hope everyone makes it back safe and sound, both players and fans alike.

I cannot speak for anything besides last year. Last year there was no doubt that Garrison was a better TEAM. They had some very good players and as offensive and defensive units they were very good (see back to back state semi-final appearances). San Augustine is changing in the right direction. SA probably does have better athletes and more speed on a year to year basis. But translating that onto the football field is a completely different story. Coach Hubbard is doing great things in San Augustine. Heck last night in Garrison should show that he is changing things for the better. The 7th graders beat Garrison. The 8th graders (who got smoked as 7th graders last year) lost in the last minute of the game. The JV with 14 players had a 10 pt lead at halftime before the lack of #s kicked in and they wound up losing by 8. Last year Garrison's JV won something like 54-6. I understand that you may be bitter at San Augustine people constantly saying that they have better athletes and speed, but with Coach Hubbard at the realm I believe that San Augustine is starting to turn into a football team with great athletes and speed and not just a bunch of players who can run fast. Hopefully tonight is another good step in the right direction.

I received a phone call this morning from a close friend that is still in the coaching business, wanting to know when I became a "bleeping" English major. I was hurt that he was not proud of my literary skills, as he plainly pointed out that the readers on Smoaky do not know me as well as he does. Show your true colors and let them know how you really feel and quit writing stories! So this is for those that really know Sawboss, Garrison has but one thing to do and that is play hard and leave it all on the field. Winning will take care of itself and San Augustine is in the way, Bulldogs will G.A.T.A. (Get After That A$!) Roll On Dogs! Thanks to an old coach and friend for getting me back on track.

It ain't literary skills ... it's philosophy ... comes with age and experience ... personally I have a ETPhD (Doctorate in East Texas Philosophy) ... what sharecroppers usta call PONDERIN' ... Plato said: I can't teach anybody anything - I can only make them think ... and we are all familiar with Plato's exploits as a football coach .... Me, I can't wait (except for the two hour drive to get there) .... my only advice to The Boss is drive carefully ... there are not many true philosophers left out there. See ya at the game ... Go Dawgs & Bite Someone. Only thing is I have been told to tone it down ... I will keep saying to myself "Zebras are my friend ... Zebras are my friend" ... and will check out the pedigree of the clock operator ... if he had been with it, I would have been home in bed before BH had the opportunity to throw that last pass.