Gilmer @ Gladewater

BearPride6

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win this one?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BadWolf, actually the Bears have a better passing attack this year than in the past few years. They don't rely totally on the run. Daniels can hurt a team with both his running and passing. The problem for the Bears will still be their pass defense. If they can be thrown on, it will then open up the other team's running attack. Going into Atlanta, I was looking more for the Rabbits to run the ball, and they killed us in the air, which then opened up their ground game. Also Atlanta has some great RB's. Webster, plus when they get back all their other injured RB's, well the rabbits are going to surprise many.

Friday night was telling, in that the Bears couldn't handle a team that Gilmer had already beaten and the Buckeyes handled a team (Daingerfield) that the Bears had beaten. I'm picking my Bears and believe they can win. Sometimes a loss works to really help a team get more focused on the task at hand, and the Bears will have to play their best game to stop Gilmer.

Gladewater's pass attack is not really a threat, they will rely on the runninggame, either a runningplay or the QB counter, Gilmer will be in Gladewaters backfield all night, they have some fast kids on the D'line, and they have depth there, they will rotate them all night, plus they have the fastest secondary, they have fielded since ive been watching them, if Gladewater beats them on the ground, it will, be a shocker for me,,just FYI. I was at the Gilmer and Atlanta game, when the dynamic duo ( Webster & Dickerson) for Atlanta was absolutely 110 percent healthy, Gilmer man handled them.....Gilmer get's the young QB coached up alittle better, and the O'line clicking, they could win this district, and go a few rounds deep, like I said, I think they win it all in Div.2 next year....Good luck to your Bears, I think ya'll beat Springhill, lose to Bullard, lose a close one to CH, then you get manhandled by Kilgore and Henderson! Hopefully them Bears can prove me wrong, but it's gonna be tough from here on out, for them....Keep up the good work, your a great Bears supporter..again hope they prove me wrong!

Gladewater's pass attack is not really a threat, they will rely on the runninggame, either a runningplay or the QB counter, Gilmer will be in Gladewaters backfield all night, they have some fast kids on the D'line, and they have depth there, they will rotate them all night, plus they have the fastest secondary, they have fielded since ive been watching them, if Gladewater beats them on the ground, it will, be a shocker for me,,just FYI. I was at the Gilmer and Atlanta game, when the dynamic duo ( Webster & Dickerson) for Atlanta was absolutely 110 percent healthy, Gilmer man handled them.....Gilmer get's the young QB coached up alittle better, and the O'line clicking, they could win this district, and go a few rounds deep, like I said, I think they win it all in Div.2 next year....Good luck to your Bears, I think ya'll beat Springhill, lose to Bullard, lose a close one to CH, then you get manhandled by Kilgore and Henderson! Hopefully them Bears can prove me wrong, but it's gonna be tough from here on out, for them....Keep up the good work, your a great Bears supporter..again hope they prove me wrong!

good post.. I think it's gonna come down to if Gladewater's secondary can hold off Gilmer's pass. Also if Gladewater's run can open up a little more, along with the pass. It's a rivalry game, so I think Gladewater by not a lot.

Well, ok, keep thinking the Bears can't hurt with the pass. As I have stated in many post over the years, if you give the Bears the running game, they will take it all day long, but if you think you don't have to worry about their passing game because they haven't really had one in years, you are mistaken. They may not throw much, but they CAN if they need to!!!

You say that this Buckeye secondary is the fastest you have seen since you have been watching them. Well, exactly how many points has Gilmer allowed this year and how many of those were rushing TDs? As far as Gilmer manhandling the two Atlanta RBs. My understanding was that they were both hurt in the first quarter of that game. The Buckeyes just need to make sure if they are in the Bear backfield all night that they don't lose sight of the Gladewater QB because he can kill a team with his feet.

As far as the road being tough for the Bears from here on out, so it will be for all teams in oour district including the Buckeyes!!! Right now Kilgore looks the best, and let's not forget Bullard has been impressive, both offensively & defensively so far, even though I'm not sure they haven't played the weakest schedule so far. But still they have put up big numbers and held opponents to not much of anything.

Good luck to the Buckeyes Friday night. I hope it is a great game and injury free.

GO BEARS!!!

The Key will be the Oline play for Gilmer. I think Gilmer has the defensive ability to limit Gladewater, so if the O line can keep Gladewater out of the backfield, and Barr has time to throw, Gilmer can win this game.

But... Gilmer has not been able to establish a running game yet this year. I'm sure that Kurt Traylor will be working overtime to try to get the Oline better. Gilmer's whole offensive philosophy is about matchups: Put 8 in the box, Gilmer kills you in the passing game. Put in 5 or 6 defensive backs, Gilmer runs it down your throat. But so far, Gilmer hasn't been able to get any running game going, which has forced Gilmer to pass the ball more, and be more creative in getting the football into the hands of their playmakers.

This will be a huge game for both teams. I don't see anyway the loser of this game makes the playoffs, so Gilmer better have their A game.

This IS a rivalry game, even though Gilmer has had the better part of it the last several years. All it takes is one bad game and the tables could turn. The Buckeyes HAVE to get better play out of its offensive line, or they'll have a lot of trouble making the playoffs. I think they are good enough now to make the playoffs, but if they are to WIN DISTRICT it will have to start with beating Gladewater. The Bears are no slouch this year, and will come out wanting to make a statement. The Buckeyes will have to put together a game plan to limit what the Bears do best, and emphasize what the Buckeyes do best. At this point, the Buckeyes are a little better team overall than the Bears, in my opinion, but it's not by as much as in the past. This game could go either way if the Buckeyes don't execute a little better offensively. The defense needs to limit the big play, and the offense has to establish a running game, and stretch the field over the top.

I was definitely encouraged by what I saw in the second half of the Daingerfield game. The defense absolutely stuffed the Tigers, and the offense started executing flawlessly with the run and the pass. If the Buckeyes can continue to improve the sky is the limit, 'cause I really believe all of the pieces are in place. Go Buckeyes! Beat the Bears!

no they where 100% healthy that game it was the next game against Dfield they got hurt

If Atlanta would have started Chase at QB the Gilmer game would have had a very different outcome. The kid came in and threw a td in no time. This would have really opened up Atlantas run game. But that's the past getting ready for district play and maybe Gilmer will see Atlanta again.

I find it hard to place so much importance on one game,,, especially since it's the first district game. But this game, could just be the most important game the Buckeyes play all year. Because who ever loses this game, will still have to play the four other teams in district, who figure to make this one crazy district each week. It seems that Chapel Hill, and Henderson got things all together this past week. Kilgore has been playing good ball all year. And Bullard, who I said eariler could very well be the defining team in this district when it comes to who makes the playoffs, and who sits home,,,, in my opinion, could be a thorn in several teams sides. The hard thing to guage about Bullard is,, just how good are they? They are proving they are playing "very well" on both offense, and defense. Are they really a 40+ ppg team? Are they holding opponents to just a couple of scores a game avg because their defense is truly that good? or are we seeing the results of a pretty weak pre district schedule. I don't know the answer to that in all honesty,,, but what I do know is that their game is fixin' to change fast. There won't be many more soft games on their schedule if any. How do they respond to the pressure they are gonna face each and every week in this district?They are fixin' to hit some stiff competition. Can they hold up? Lots of questions to answer here,,, so I guess the proof will be in the puddin',,, starting this week.

One thing I do know,,, and that is you don't want to start this district off with a loss. I'm thinking two district losses would be about all Gilmer could have and still have a shot at the playoffs. I know that is not something they want to test. Having to go five more games,,, against the teams left on their schedule,, and knowing you could only lose "one more game",, or possibly sit at home during the playoffs,,, well that is just not something any team needs to face.

We've played four games now. We've played some pretty good teams, and we've played really well at times,, and pretty cruddy at times. There can be no more dilly dallying around about "puttin' it all together". This team has honestly had a reason to play bad at times,,, because of inexperience, and injuries. But that crud has to go out the window now. It's time to step up if you're taking an injured starters place,,, for 48 minutes,, not just "some" plays. It's time for the younger kids to grow up really fast. "We'll get there next week" just isn't good enough at this point if we expect to make the playoffs. We'll have to be prepared,, pumped up,, focused, and ready to play each and every week. We "have to" stop making negative yards on first down if we want to keep the train rolling. We can't keep shooting ourself in the foot on as many drives as we have so far at times. The negatives so far have been our own fault. Too many silly mistakes.

And our coaching staff needs to have a plan that works for each game. If it's not working,, they better have a plan "B", and make the change, and not keep running the same plays that aren't working. I love our coaching staff,, but I think we were too predictable in the first half against DF. And I didn't feel we tried to establish the run early enough. Too many incomplete passes on first down,, many that went for negative yards when they were completed. We had to battle 2nd and 3rd and long too often in the first half. And understand this,,, I am "not" bashing our coaches,,, they have a "very very" hard job,, knowing just what to do each week to be successful. They have done an amazing job over the past ten years to get us where we've been. And just like the players can have bad weeks,, the coaches can as well. Last friday night,,, they did an awesome job of making adjustments at half time,, or getting the kids pumped up and into the game more,,, I don't know what was done,, but what ever they did at half time,, it was a different team that went out on the field in the third quarter. It's hard to throw fault around when you've got the quality of leadership we have,, and that is "not" what I am saying. If we make the playoffs,,,,, wonderful,,,, but if not,, I just hope we can say that we did the absolute best we can,, from top to bottom.

I really believe in these kids. I love their potential. and I truly believe we'll get things ironed out. I "really would" love to see a game, where we just came out,, took control early,,, and won the game by playing lights out for four quarters. I'm sure the coaching staff, and players, would love the same thing. LOL Consistency from start to finish is what I hope to see. We've got the kids to do it. We've got the staff to do it. Now we have to borrow a quote from a famous sporting goods company; "Just do it". Here's hoping we take some "Bad to the Bone", to Gladewater Friday night. "That",, is everybodies job,, coaches, players, and fans.

I have yet to see Gilmer play this year but I have no doubt they will be tough as always. What I will say is that in the last 3 years of watching Gladewater I can see a steady improvement. As a father with an eight grader I am really becoming a fan of the new coaching staff and what it will mean in the near future. I don't know if the Gladewater secondary can withstand what Gilmer will throw at them (the weakest link I see) but I do know that they will be well prepared and play hard. I think this will be a good hard fought game and either team should be happy to come away with a win.

My vote is a close Gladewater win.

Even though I'm not from East Texas, I follow 16-3A closely, and should. One or two teams from this district may end up playing Argyle in the playoffs. I feel both teams will come ready to rumble in this opening district game for each squad. Both teams realize the importance of this game in the grand scheme of things for the season. Both will put forth their best effort thus far this season, IMO. The Bears have homefield advantage, which is a definite plus. Gilmer wants to prove to themselves(as well as to everybody in 16- 3A) they will again be a tough out. Both teams have shown themselves to be highly capable of winning each week against the competition. I'm looking at this game as a toss-up at this point. I don't know which Gladewater team or which Gilmer team will emerge during the game. Both have to overcome some weaknesses that may be exploited by the other. You can bet it will get mighty physical out there Friday nite. It may just come down to turnovers. Yep, the team that has the least will win this one....that's my best guess.

Even though I'm not from East Texas, I follow 16-3A closely, and should. One or two teams from this district may end up playing Argyle in the playoffs. I feel both teams will come ready to rumble in this opening district game for each squad. Both teams realize the importance of this game in the grand scheme of things for the season. Both will put forth their best effort thus far this season, IMO. The Bears have homefield advantage, which is a definite plus. Gilmer wants to prove to themselves(as well as to everybody in 16- 3A) they will again be a tough out. Both teams have shown themselves to be highly capable of winning each week against the competition. I'm looking at this game as a toss-up at this point. I don't know which Gladewater team or which Gilmer team will emerge during the game. Both have to overcome some weaknesses that may be exploited by the other. You can bet it will get mighty physical out there Friday nite. It may just come down to turnovers. Yep, the team that has the least will win this one....that's my best guess.

If you are coming from Gilmer, take 271 South until you get to Gladewater. Turn right at the 3rd light which will be Gay Ave and it will take you all the way to the stadium.

Your profile says you are in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, so if yoou are coming from Dallas you can take I20 to the Hwy 271 exit. Take a left on Hwy 271 and follow to Gladewater. Go through Gladewater, and turn left at the 3rd light, which is Gay Ave.

Or if you want to take Hwy 80 from the Metroplex, you can follow 80 all the way to Gladewater. Turn left at the Rodeo grounds (Rodeo St). Take a right at the next street that goes right which is Hendricks and then taken a right at Gay Ave. Or you can stay on 80 and go just past the rodeo grounds and there is an entrance to parking lot on your left.

Wow,,,, only one post today so far. Blackflag,,, you didn't tag anyone and tell them "you're it",, when you finished that one? LOL I think most of the Buckeye fans are still in "recovery mode" after last week. Dangerfeld week tires me out. LOL I guess there aren't many people out there who are all that interested in the Buckeye/Bear game outside of both schools fans. LOL I suppose there can only be "one" Gilmer/Dangerfeld thread per season.

Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tag,,, you're it who ever you are. LOL