Is Joaquin legit this year or just a pretender thoughts?

altoyellowjackets

50 members have voted

1. 1. I joaquin legit

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquin may have one of their best teams in the Gandy era...but region 3 may be the most loaded that its been in a long while. Out of district 9 you have Joaquin and Carlisle, in district 10 you have SA and Alto, district 11 has a hull Dasietta team that will most likely be playing with alot of confidence come playoff time, and in district 12 you have Mart and if I recall correctly an undefeated bosqueville team. Ain't gonna be an easy road no matter how you shake it.

As far as where this team ranks compared to others that Joaquin has fielded, we will wait till the season is over to talk about that one. Right now, we are concerned with how we stack up against Elkhart. That's all that needs to matter this week. Anything else is putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Concerning Region III, you are spot on. I've said repeatedly that it is stacked when you look at it compared to the other regions. I feel like the fourth place team out of District 9, 10 or 12 would be in the playoffs and a couple rounds deep in Region II. I just hope that whoever wins (or survives) the Region III playoffs still has enough left for whoever they get in semis and finals.

As far as where this team ranks compared to others that Joaquin has fielded, we will wait till the season is over to talk about that one. Right now, we are concerned with how we stack up against Elkhart. That's all that needs to matter this week. Anything else is putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Concerning Region III, you are spot on. I've said repeatedly that it is stacked when you look at it compared to the other regions. I feel like the fourth place team out of District 9, 10 or 12 would be in the playoffs and a couple rounds deep in Region II. I just hope that whoever wins (or survives) the Region III playoffs still has enough left for whoever they get in semis and finals.

just came from the jv game against elkhart man those boys are big. it could be rough tomorrow but the rams can handle the job.

Heard elkheart put up a good first half!! good win to joaquin, but the deffense lacked intensity in the first half, but the second half was nice

was a great first half with neither team giving an inch. but joaquin made an adjustment at half time and from there it was no contest. we intercepted 2 passes and shut down their running game. and they could not stop the run at all. was real fun to watch. the first half kept us on pins and needles not knowing how i would end and the second half kept us on our feet yelling our heads off. now we go into a bye week with carlisle in the headlights go rams

This aint one of Joaquin's Best Teams in the Gandy Era... Not even in the Top 3... Now they could be but they aint right now...

And you heard this from first from Ol' Gus.. Watch out for West Sabine...

I agree with you 100% about watching out for West Sabine, been hearing some very good things about them. But however, I will have to disagree with you on this isnt one of the best teams in the Gandy era at Joaquin. You need to remember that this is a different team than Joaquin has ever had, they are much more overall well rounded on both sides of the ball. They have a QB that can run and PASS, they have 4 kids that can all catch the ball well (2 being TE's which are the best blocking and catching combo Joaquin has had), a good solid line, and good enough Runningback play. When you turn around and look at the Defense they have good a DL that are athletic and draw double teams, their LBers are solid vs run and pass and have alot of game experience in that position, and Secondary play will only improve each week. Joaquin has had some very good teams in the past but they were very one sided. They could only run the ball on offense and stop the run out of a tight formation on defense. Therefore they were not able to make deep playoff runs, with 2009 being the one exception (And they had a pretty easy road, but hey thats part of it too). Only time will tell about this team. I think that in order to be considered the best they need to win the district undefeatedly, and make a deep playoff run. I do think that out of all the teams Coach Gandy has had at Joaquin this one has the best chance to make a deep playoff run. But hey, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves Joaquin has to beat Carlisle first, one game at a time!

Yep.Legit. Thought (1) : If you flew into a vortex at the speed of light and flipped on your headlights, what would happen? Thought (2): Why does the boys bicycle have that dern bar so close to the bottom of the seat, and the girl's bike don't ?

I agree with you 100% about watching out for West Sabine, been hearing some very good things about them. But however, I will have to disagree with you on this isnt one of the best teams in the Gandy era at Joaquin. You need to remember that this is a different team than Joaquin has ever had, they are much more overall well rounded on both sides of the ball. They have a QB that can run and PASS, they have 4 kids that can all catch the ball well (2 being TE's which are the best blocking and catching combo Joaquin has had), a good solid line, and good enough Runningback play. When you turn around and look at the Defense they have good a DL that are athletic and draw double teams, their LBers are solid vs run and pass and have alot of game experience in that position, and Secondary play will only improve each week. Joaquin has had some very good teams in the past but they were very one sided. They could only run the ball on offense and stop the run out of a tight formation on defense. Therefore they were not able to make deep playoff runs, with 2009 being the one exception (And they had a pretty easy road, but hey thats part of it too). Only time will tell about this team. I think that in order to be considered the best they need to win the district undefeatedly, and make a deep playoff run. I do think that out of all the teams Coach Gandy has had at Joaquin this one has the best chance to make a deep playoff run. But hey, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves Joaquin has to beat Carlisle first, one game at a time!

Slow down turbo. Joaquin only has to keep playing and winning one at a time. Let all the talk be talk. The more you win the more you will see others will talk for you. Don't worry.....before it's over....... they all will be pulling for you. This group of Rams faced some of the best teams in 2A Region 3 D2 the last 2 years. They were a solid young group coming up the first year and a lot better the next year. This year all those sophomores that were playing together as a team in 2010 are now sr's. They know havin seen West Rusk, Frankston and Arp what kind of team they would have had to have been to beat or play with those teams if they had went into this year as a 2A team. Well here they are now in 1A with a 2a playoff caliber team and experience. We from Arp wish them the very best of luck and I hope to see them take it all the way to State! Go Ram's!!!!!!

Yep.Legit. Thought (1) : If you flew into a vortex at the speed of light and flipped on your headlights, what would happen? Thought (2): Why does the boys bicycle have that dern bar so close to the bottom of the seat, and the girl's bike don't ?

1) the altenator would expload

2) to teach boys the lesson of holding on to handlebars or getting dented mcnuggets

Slow down turbo. Joaquin only has to keep playing and winning one at a time. Let all the talk be talk. The more you win the more you will see others will talk for you. Don't worry.....before it's over....... they all will be pulling for you. This group of Rams faced some of the best teams in 2A Region 3 D2 the last 2 years. They were a solid young group coming up the first year and a lot better the next year. This year all those sophomores that were playing together as a team in 2010 are now sr's. They know havin seen West Rusk, Frankston and Arp what kind of team they would have had to have been to beat or play with those teams if they had went into this year as a 2A team. Well here they are now in 1A with a 2a playoff caliber team and experience. We from Arp wish them the very best of luck and I hope to see them take it all the way to State! Go Ram's!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more with you, thats why at the end of my post I stated with all that being said, Joaquin has got to go beat Carlisle first...and then take it one game at a time until their season comes to an end, whenever that might be. Im sure that is exactly what the coaches are telling the boys also. And yeah, Joaquins kids have seen some pretty good competion the last couple of years. In 2010 Arp, West Rusk, and Frankston were all LOOOOAAAADED!!! to say the least...

Haha that's great

and getting better every week on their pass defence. the run defence has always been good. now with a pass offence comming along we are no longer one dimensionable. and how about our kicking game. one of the best deep kickers we have ever had. with practice and experience we should have extra points and field goals in our future.

Your premise is somewhat skewed. First of all, the '09 team was not the only one to make a deep playoff run. The '07 team went to quarterfinals, and were eliminated by eventual state champion Alto, who nobody was able to play with. The '04 and '05 teams were capable of making a deep run, but had the bad luck of playing Big Sandy in the first round, and Big Sandy was a couple of plays from winning state both years. The '02 team lost in the final minutes to state finalist Celeste, and were the only ones to play Celeste closer than 3 TDs. It is waaaaaay too early to talk about where the '12 team stacks up against those, but they will have to be BETTER than those teams to make a deep run, due to the fact that Region III is so deep this year. In '07 and '09, there was at least one game those years that we physically overmatched our opponent. There will not be a playoff game that is an easy win. It will take four quarters of the type of intensity we played with in the second half at Elkhart every week, starting on October 12. As far as the question at the top of this thread, we'll just have to wait and see. This team has the potential to be very good. It just depends on how bad these young men want it.

Your premise is somewhat skewed. First of all, the '09 team was not the only one to make a deep playoff run. The '07 team went to quarterfinals, and were eliminated by eventual state champion Alto, who nobody was able to play with. The '04 and '05 teams were capable of making a deep run, but had the bad luck of playing Big Sandy in the first round, and Big Sandy was a couple of plays from winning state both years. The '02 team lost in the final minutes to state finalist Celeste, and were the only ones to play Celeste closer than 3 TDs. It is waaaaaay too early to talk about where the '12 team stacks up against those, but they will have to be BETTER than those teams to make a deep run, due to the fact that Region III is so deep this year. In '07 and '09, there was at least one game those years that we physically overmatched our opponent. There will not be a playoff game that is an easy win. It will take four quarters of the type of intensity we played with in the second half at Elkhart every week, starting on October 12. As far as the question at the top of this thread, we'll just have to wait and see. This team has the potential to be very good. It just depends on how bad these young men want it.

ye and went to quarter finals against goldthwait who went on to win state.

Joaquin may have one of their best teams in the Gandy era...but region 3 may be the most loaded that its been in a long while. Out of district 9 you have Joaquin and Carlisle, in district 10 you have SA and Alto, district 11 has a hull Dasietta team that will most likely be playing with alot of confidence come playoff time, and in district 12 you have Mart and if I recall correctly an undefeated bosqueville team. Ain't gonna be an easy road no matter how you shake it.

joaquin will not look at any team as if they are easy. and we know about sa and alto a for the other teams mart is always powerful. and hull daisetta and bosqueville i dont know much about them but we will not overlook them when and if it gets to that point.

I agree they have potential, but I don't see joaquin making it deep in the playoffs they will have a good season the region is just to strong right now for them with SA Carlise Mart I meen come on that's alot for us too

but the thing is it is only one team at a time and these boys wont be a pushover for any of them either.

Saw the ole Rams for the last 2 years. Not a fan of that boring offense but it works for them. The Carlisle game will be one of the shortest games ever. That being said, being in 2A the past few years will get them far in playoffs.

Hey Ole Buddy Ole Pal,

have you heard we are running the Pistol some now too? just for you