Paul Pewitt at Waskom

Wild74

Nah really they deserve some kudos, their building their program and I think this was the first district win in over a year. I think they'll play everybody tough this year!

I was being serious! Beating PP is like a milestone for them.

Nah really they deserve some kudos, their building their program and I think this was the first district win in over a year. I think they'll play everybody tough this year!

Correct. First district win since my junior year which was 4 years ago! Big step in the right direction.

pewitt has mostly jv from last year on varsity. very few returning seniors from last years team. so it's highly likely we'll be down this season. hopefully they can pull one or two out. if not we can always pull for the rest of the district. hopefully we'll be more competitive next season.

pewitt has mostly jv from last year on varsity. very few returning seniors from last years team. so it's highly likely we'll be down this season. hopefully they can pull one or two out. if not we can always pull for the rest of the district. hopefully we'll be more competitive next season.

they aint that bad man I saw them. You guys have some players and really good coaches. Waskom is salty, a little bit better than folks are given them credit. Beating Pewitt in a District game is tough and Waskom deserves that credit.

I hate to say this but we had lost 19 straight district games until last night, I think we beat Beckville when we where in 1A ball for our last district win

Waskom has a good mix of players, most of our back field is freshman and sophmores with a couple of seniors mixed in. This year is a growing year, learning how to win and stay in the game, next two to three years should be very good years for Waskom.

Correct. First district win since my junior year which was 4 years ago! Big step in the right direction.

Jethro I remember your senior year, I wish we had this staff when ya'll where sophomores, biggest linemen in any district.

Jethro I remember your senior year, I wish we had this staff when ya'll where sophomores, biggest linemen in any district.

2007 would have been a good year for waskom under this current scheme. The players they had then (huge oline with small shifty RBs) would have done very well in the wing t look.

The current waskom team is playing good ball though. This game was much more lopsided than the score indicates. Much like last week at new Diana, a couple mistakes turned a dominating performance by waskom into a loss/close game. Waskom doubled ND and PP in total yards, they just made mistakes at times. Huge mistakes that cost a loss at ND, small mistakes that prevented a blowout against PP.

Waskom has enough speed to play with anyone in the district. One area they do need improvement is against counter and misdirection plays on defense. Their defense is super aggressive which is great most of the time, but several teams have had success when they counter that with plays that cause waskom to over pursue.

All in all I've been very impressed with Waskom thus far. They match up physically with nearly every team they play because their is plenty of talent there, it's the mental aspect though that has this team knocking on the door for that 3rd playoff spot. This is the first waskom team since probably 2005 that doesn't come out extremely flat, or lay down at the first sign of adversity. They are getting after it for four quarters and expect to win. It's something that has been missing in waskom for a long time.

2007 would have been a good year for waskom under this current scheme. The players they had then (huge oline with small shifty RBs) would have done very well in the wing t look.

The current waskom team is playing good ball though. This game was much more lopsided than the score indicates. Much like last week at new Diana, a couple mistakes turned a dominating performance by waskom into a loss/close game. Waskom doubled ND and PP in total yards, they just made mistakes at times. Huge mistakes that cost a loss at ND, small mistakes that prevented a blowout against PP.

Waskom has enough speed to play with anyone in the district. One area they do need improvement is against counter and misdirection plays on defense. Their defense is super aggressive which is great most of the time, but several teams have had success when they counter that with plays that cause waskom to over pursue.

All in all I've been very impressed with Waskom thus far. They match up physically with nearly every team they play because their is plenty of talent there, it's the mental aspect though that has this team knocking on the door for that 3rd playoff spot. This is the first waskom team since probably 2005 that doesn't come out extremely flat, or lay down at the first sign of adversity. They are getting after it for four quarters and expect to win. It's something that has been missing in waskom for a long time.

WETSU!! Sure is good to see you back!! I agree completely with what you say. These kids are really motivated and things are going well because of it!!