Grapeland vs San Augustine

JACK3T

What did Grapelands pre-district schedule look like?

Blowout losses to Centerville, Trinity, and Elkhart. A close loss to Leon and a win over Lovelady. Grapeland has good team speed, just has trouble putting it all together. Going to San Augustine will be the difference. In Grapeland the Sandies would have a chance, in San Augustine I think the Wolves get the win.

Grapeland has weapons offensively, but the defense has lacked this year. A lot if that comes from a tough non-district schedule

I think San Augustine could have a big night running the ball. They were able to run the ball effectively against Tenaha (321 yards on 43 carries) and Tenaha has one of the best linebackers in east Texas (#54 cant remember his name). Grapeland has no one of that caliber in the box and I would venture to say no one of the caliber of #7 on the d-line. I look for the Wolves to get off to a good start in district play. Once again though the Wolves must improve on the mental errors. That could be the difference between a district championship and fighting for 3rd.

I agree. It looked like yall are on the verge of imploding at times. No need for the personal fouls EVER!

Hopefully yall grew up some at The Pit. I kinda blame your fans. I definitely understand the excitement but I remember back in august yall were saying bring on Mart. Maybe those kids bought into the hype? Kinda like us in 2010. Remember how that ended?

This team looked great last year. This team is awfully close to be being as good as the state team years ago. As you can see there is a reason for the hype to be there!

I don't think fans have anything to do with it. These guys had a succesful last season and summer and then came out in the polls 3rd in the state. I think that the players may have down played their competition at first. I know they went in unprepared for Grace. Since then, they have made improvements each week. I didn't think that there was any point last week when we were on the verge of "imploding". Even on the Tenaha drive where we gave up 30+ yards of penalties. (That unsportsmanlike conduct was BS by the way). That was a very good game and although they didn't implode, I do feel that mistakes kept the game alot closer than it might have been. All I can say is go to work on those mental errors and take it one week at a time!

Things just got real. Each game now has a meaning to it, and I don't see SA holding anything back. Taylor and Hubbard have been running the ball very well, and I imagine they will pound the rock all night against Grapeland.

SA by 21

I'll take SA! But if I'm coach Hubbard, I'm sitting here thinking which Grapeland team is going to show up! The one that beat Lovelady, and almost beat a good Leon team!

Your mistaking if you think Grapeland doesn't have the same amount of athletes, and team speed! Grapeland just doesn't have any discipline, and they don't play as a team, and I'll leave it at that? Look at like this Leon and Lovelady would be pick to beat Elkhart!

SA will play their best since district starts this week. One game at a time. not looking ahead to any other team. Focus, play hard, no mistakes, and it will all be fine in the end!!!!! Unlike another team in this district they already looking ahead, better watch out, take nothing ofr granted. Go get it Wolves!!!!!

Things just got real. Each game now has a meaning to it, and I don't see SA holding anything back. Taylor and Hubbard have been running the ball very well, and I imagine they will pound the rock all night against Grapeland.

SA by 21

+1

Ok ATLFalcons here's my perspective and I stress "my".Grapeland returns 8/9 starters from 4-7 team last year according to smoaky,which i presume info was provided by head coach.They barely beat a Lovelady team that is probably their weakest in ten years and haven't showed up in 4 other losses(1-4).the defense has given up 201 points in 5 games.They have potentially one of the best football players at 1a level in texas but will never figure out how to use him.Their offensive scheme is to snap him the ball and have him go sideline to sideline hoping someone on the defense will be out of position and he can find a lane to run untouched.Its not uncommon for him to run 70-80 yds just to pick-up a 8 yd gain.The staff seems very stagnant on the sideline and I assume this is a reflection of the leadership I dont know for sure.Practices are relaxed,very little contact,no game-like situations,poor turnouts,no conditioning (6/ 40yd spints daily max),no discipline and the list goes on.There is a good nucleus of athletes that could compliment the star ,but they have not been groomed from previous seasons and still haven't seen what football really is except on Friday nights by their opponents!Under the current administration the football record is 8-18 in 2.5 seasons.I say administration because obviously the coach is hired by someone or somebody and is supported by them or they step-up and make changes for the good of the program and for the young men involved.Obviously the admin. does support the program 100% under the current direction because there has been no discussion of improving conditions.So I can only assume 8-18 and poor football revenue is widely accepted at GISD.So you fans in wolf,jacket,and tiger country, count your blessings and you might consider a visit to your programs leaders for a good ol' pat on the back and thanks.I stress again this is just my perspective and I am only one fan ,but the sandies will be coming to a stadium near you soon and you can formulate your own opinion.If you see it completely different feel free to enlighten me.

This thread has been dead!! What?!?! No Grapeland fans on here to give their perspective?