Johnny Manziel

h-town12

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manziel was ready to run, but ran into an offensive lineman. The bobble forced him back. the linebackers reacted to him stepping up to run. This left Swope wide open in the back of the endzone.

Are you kidding me... bobbled snap...and I've never seen the play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtxaHwgr6ZQ&feature=related

We must be talking about different plays.. If not,please never post on SDC again. Thank you.

Are you trying to tell me the linebackers were guarding Swope in the back of the endzone? Good gosh man I don't understand your obsession with trying to denounce everything he does.

If you are serious about that, please never post again on here. Thank you.

Are you trying to tell me the linebackers were guarding Swope in the back of the endzone? Good gosh man I don't understand your obsession with trying to denounce everything he does.

If you are serious about that, please never post again on here. Thank you.

Htown, I like you, but the Sooner is right on this one. Watch the endzone copy of the play. The outside LB to the left of the screen drops into his lane as he reads pass. He gets all the way to the middle of the "S" of Crimson in the endzone. Swoops is running a flag route to the back corner. When the LB sees the fumble, he runs toward the line of scrimmage, and when Manziel catches his own fumble and scrambles to his left, the LB pursues. Swoops sees Manziel scramble and works back to the vacant area left by the LB which is guess where - at the top right of the "S". Had the LB stayed in coverage instead of running to the loose ball, I can say without a doubt that Swoops would not have been so wide open where he was at. And with two Alabama DBs to his right, I'm guessing that Manziel would have ran the football.

Htown, I like you, but the Sooner is right on this one. Watch the endzone copy of the play. The outside LB to the left of the screen drops into his lane as he reads pass. He gets all the way to the middle of the "S" of Crimson in the endzone. Swoops is running a flag route to the back corner. When the LB sees the fumble, he runs toward the line of scrimmage, and when Manziel catches his own fumble and scrambles to his left, the LB pursues. Swoops sees Manziel scramble and works back to the vacant area left by the LB which is guess where - at the top right of the "S". Had the LB stayed in coverage instead of running to the loose ball, I can say without a doubt that Swoops would not have been so wide open where he was at. And with two Alabama DBs to his right, I'm guessing that Manziel would have ran the football.

Is that not a strong safety in coverage? If not I apologize to saw.

Is that not a strong safety in coverage? If not I apologize to saw.

It's #3 Vinnie Sunseri and he's listed as a safety on the 'Bama depth chart. However, he is lined up in the box as a LB at the beginning of the play. My guess is 'Bama is playing a nickel or dime package with extra corners on the field for coverage. Sunseri clearly drops in a passing lane - hook/curl zone to be exact. He leaves his area when he sees Manziel lose the ball.

The guy that makes the play is Swopes. Sunseri felt it was okay to attack because Swopes runs toward the corner of the endzone which means Sunseri has no one to wall off from the middle. Swopes sees the open zone and slides into it waving for the ball. Manziel does his best Brett Favre impression and has enough arm strength to get the ball to Swopes.

It's #3 Vinnie Sunseri and he's listed as a safety on the 'Bama depth chart. However, he is lined up in the box as a LB at the beginning of the play. My guess is 'Bama is playing a nickel or dime package with extra corners on the field for coverage. Sunseri clearly drops in a passing lane - hook/curl zone to be exact. He leaves his area when he sees Manziel lose the ball.

The guy that makes the play is Swopes. Sunseri felt it was okay to attack because Swopes runs toward the corner of the endzone which means Sunseri has no one to wall off from the middle. Swopes sees the open zone and slides into it waving for the ball. Manziel does his best Brett Favre impression and has enough arm strength to get the ball to Swopes.

Ya I'm gonna agree and say we are all right since he was stacked in the box before the play started haha.

Swope did a great job breaking off his route to the middle of the field. The safety over the top of the 3 receiver set was out there guarding turf. Our other two receivers ran dig routes and were covered.

Your breakdown of this play is exactly as it happened. Praise be to you.

Annnnnnd with last night in the books, Klein lost any X factor he appeared to have over the other contenders. Manziel is your new Heisman front runner

The only thing he has going against him is being a freshman. I think there is no doubt, he is the BEST college player in the nation so far this season. The Heisman has turned into a media popularity contest the past few decades so no tellling who wins it this season. If I had a vote, it would be for Johnny Football.

The Heisman voting is influenced greatly by regional point of views. Other than the LSU and Alabama games, I am not sure what kind of national exposure he has received. The game against Sam Houston state did not help him. Statistically he did not have a lights out game, although he had some good highlights. On the other hand Austin at West Virginia showed he is in my opinion the best football player in college football on Saturday. He will not get much consideration because of the struggles of his team.

I think the vote margin between the winner and the third place vote candidate will be one of the tightest. I suspect five players will be invited to New York.

The only thing he has going against him is being a freshman. I think there is no doubt, he is the BEST college player in the nation so far this season. The Heisman has turned into a media popularity contest the past few decades so no tellling who wins it this season. If I had a vote, it would be for Johnny Football.

Best? Eh... There is plenty of doubt in my eyes. I think there are plenty of guys that do what they do better than Manziel, however he is the MOST OUTSTANDING.

Best? Eh... There is plenty of doubt in my eyes. I think there are plenty of guys that do what they do better than Manziel, however he is the MOST OUTSTANDING.

Who are the "plenty of guys" who do what they do better than Manziel this season? You are splitting hairs ... Best Player vs MOST OUTSTANDING? Gimme a break. :lol:

Who are the "plenty of guys" who do what they do better than Manziel this season? You are splitting hairs ... Best Player vs MOST OUTSTANDING? Gimme a break. :lol:

What I'm saying is I don't believe Manziel plays QB better than anyone plays any other position in college football. I don't think he is even the best QB. I think every coach in the country would have a couple guys at least that they would pick over him.

Marqise Lee, Stedmon Baily, Terrance Williams and Tavon Austin play WR as good as anyone in college I've ever seen play before, that includes Blackmon, Bryant, Wright, Crabtree. I think they are better WRs than Manziel is a QB.

I think Barner plays running back better than Manziel plays QB.

You get what I was saying?

Good read about times changing and the possibility of a freshman winning the Heisman.

My link

It talks about Mike Vick, Adrian Peterson etc and how Manziel might finally break through.

The argument now isn't why Manziel shouldn't win the Heisman, but if not him, then who?

I think this is where the award #### because it takes into what his team can't do for him, not what he can do for his team.

Also worth noting, before 2007, a sophomore had never won, then three won back-to-back-toback..Tebow in 07, Bradford in 08 and Ingram in 09.

Good read about times changing and the possibility of a freshman winning the Heisman.

My link

It talks about Mike Vick, Adrian Peterson etc and how Manziel might finally break through.

The argument now isn't why Manziel shouldn't win the Heisman, but if not him, then who?

I think this is where the award #### because it takes into what his team can't do for him, not what he can do for his team.

Also worth noting, before 2007, a sophomore had never won, then three won back-to-back-toback..Tebow in 07, Bradford in 08 and Ingram in 09.

Great read!!! Thanks!!!

If he doesn't win it then the Heisman is a farce.

Johnny Manziel became the fifth player in FBS history to pass for 3,000 yards and rush for 1,000 in the same season. He's 166 yards shy of Cam Newton's SEC record for total offense in a season.

He'll break Cam's record in less games too.

If he doesn't win it then the Heisman is a farce.

He'll break Cam's record in less games too.

Remember, the Heisman is no more of a joke than rankings. They follow the same system and add a voter pretty much every year. It's all based on opinions and in some cases bias. There was a time, way back in the black and white days where freshman weren't even eligible for the award. Those old guys are stubborn and still live today and still have a vote.

The Heisman Trophy is supposed to be based on the 'Best Player' in College Football. Not the Most Valuable, but the Best Player. Johnny Manziel isn't even the best QB, let alone the best player.

Marquise Lee and Tavon Austin are better WR's than Manziel is a QB.

Kenjon Barner is a better RB than Manziel is a QB.

Braxton Miller and Marcus Mariota are better QB's than Manziel!

Obviously, this is my opinion, but in my opinion, these players are all better than Manziel.

If I had a vote that matters (which obviously I don't) it would be,

Lee

Austin

Mariota

Miller

Barner

Manziel

...In that order.

The Heisman Trophy is supposed to be based on the 'Best Player' in College Football. Not the Most Valuable, but the Best Player. Johnny Manziel isn't even the best QB, let alone the best player.

Marquise Lee and Tavon Austin are better WR's than Manziel is a QB.

Kenjon Barner is a better RB than Manziel is a QB.

Braxton Miller and Marcus Mariota are better QB's than Manziel!

Obviously, this is my opinion, but in my opinion, these players are all better than Manziel.

If I had a vote that matters (which obviously I don't) it would be,

Lee

Austin

Mariota

Miller

Barner

Manziel

...In that order.

Nice troll attempt. Lol! :)