Beckville (3-4) @ Joaquin (7-0)

trueblue82

3 kids out of 11 doing their job every play only goes so far not to mention they are hell of O lineman too!

I don't know that I would go that far wiz man. There are a lot of kids that leave it on the field every game. Remember last year ? If so, you know how much we have improved. The coaches have them believing in themselves and that in itself is huge. Also remember, there is a ton of young kids on this team. They are getting better each week.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe he said anything about y'all not being able to play with us. I took it as a compliment of the way those kids have played all year. They are big physical young men and they are able to set the tempo of a ball game.

On a side note, it's nice to know arrogance is still alive and well in Joaquin.

on a side note look at what u wrote u would think that beckville was the one going in 7&0 and joaquin was 3&4 with the chance of a snowball in hades.

No just bragging on a couple of workhorses down in beckville.. I'm not even from beckville but I've been to a couple games and I know they have special young men those three just stuck out the most.

well have u seen joaquin. we have a couple of pretty good players ourselves.

this will be the first game ive gotten to see yall play since Tenaha.

what i wanna see:

1. no stupid penalties

2. vaughn execute in the spread

3. wrap up on defense, dont go for the big hit, go for the tackle

4. confident play from the corners

5. positive turnover ratio

i think we would all like to see these 5 points come about. and by the way congrats to tenaha on their win against the mt.

yeah, im trying to figure out ways to voice my opinion without having everybody look at me like they ready to scalp me at the junior high games.

yeah it must be hard repping for the tigers and living in joaquin but some times thats just the way it is.

Whats the beckville 8th grade team look like? whats their record?

Well they look like a bunch of 7th graders. I am not sure what their record is but they have more 7th graders starting than 8th graders. We have enough for a 7th & 8th grade team, I am not 100% sure but I think there are no more than 7-8 8th grade kids on the team.

#55,#54, and #64 for beckville will dictate how well or bad beckville plays... They are physically and athleticly superior to any D line I have ever seen it will be very interesting to see how they will be blocked with Adams and Sipes shutting down permitter and Jinks clogging middle

Yes they are big but they are not very quick. And they stand straight up and rely on there size instead of leverage. I dont know how you can say they are superior to any D Line when timpson's 2 tackles were in our backfield every play. I am proud of our team but you have to have some perspective. They could be very good but they need to get meaner and start using good technique.

Joaquin should win unless they have a let down after 2 pretty intense weeks.

Joaquin should win unless they have a let down after 2 pretty intense weeks.

atleast carlisle was intense. and maybe the first half of bs was but the boys will not let down. they will be foucsed only on beckville. count on it.

Although, probably shouldn't even be thinking about it this way, because we want to go Undefeated, and win the District..

but, barring something super super crazy in the last two games, Joaquin basically clinches a playoff birth with a Win Friday correct? With Big Sandy 0-2, Beckville 1-1, Harleton 1-1, Carlisle 0-2.. As does Timpson with a Win Friday I would Guess Too would basically clinch a spot, and would eliminate Carlisle from a Spot. If Joaquin defeats Beckville Friday, then Beckville would need to beat Harleton or Timpson for a spot, unless Big Sandy wins out , and then it can get all kinds of messy.

Yes they are big but they are not very quick. And they stand straight up and rely on there size instead of leverage. I dont know how you can say they are superior to any D Line when timpson's 2 tackles were in our backfield every play. I am proud of our team but you have to have some perspective. They could be very good but they need to get meaner and start using good technique.

I was at the game and I have watched the film since. #56 killed our left guard which is a position that been hurting us all season, now factor in not having the starting right guard then you are left with both starting tackles and center in a offense that pulls the guards a lot....its going to be interesting to see what changes are made. On film I noticed a lot of standing up but I also noticed on the plays the left guard pulled and the center blocked the backside #56 wasn't an issue. #60 had his moments during the game but he also got pancaked a few times....I do agree that the ability is there to dominate opponents in the trenches if they use better technique. No one in the district can block #54 or #55 unless they don't get off the ball or stand up...its a fact that the man with the lower pad level will win the battle every time. So when we are all at the game and you wonder how an average size O-lineman keeps blocking a bigger stronger D-lineman just pay attention when the ball is snapped....I bet money he is standing straight up and the O-lineman is blocking him with ease. I see some things that are unreal but the next few plays its not there so consistency with the mechanics makes the difference. Coach Robinson will have them ready to play had Friday night. The line was the position that had the least depth coming into the season, with one 2 year starter quitting and another starter getting injured Friday night things are going to be tough. They just need to play hard and compete.

I was at the game and I have watched the film since. #56 killed our left guard which is a position that been hurting us all season, now factor in not having the starting right guard then you are left with both starting tackles and center in a offense that pulls the guards a lot....its going to be interesting to see what changes are made. On film I noticed a lot of standing up but I also noticed on the plays the left guard pulled and the center blocked the backside #56 wasn't an issue. #60 had his moments during the game but he also got pancaked a few times....I do agree that the ability is there to dominate opponents in the trenches if they use better technique. No one in the district can block #54 or #55 unless they don't get off the ball or stand up...its a fact that the man with the lower pad level will win the battle every time. So when we are all at the game and you wonder how an average size O-lineman keeps blocking a bigger stronger D-lineman just pay attention when the ball is snapped....I bet money he is standing straight up and the O-lineman is blocking him with ease. I see some things that are unreal but the next few plays its not there so consistency with the mechanics makes the difference. Coach Robinson will have them ready to play had Friday night. The line was the position that had the least depth coming into the season, with one 2 year starter quitting and another starter getting injured Friday night things are going to be tough. They just need to play hard and compete.

just because they are bigger doesnt mean that they are stronger. our

'little" boys are pretty strong . we'll see come friday. have a safe trip.