Henderson Kilgore

McLovin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different opinions. All that matters is scoreboard. Congrats to y'all.

He'll be here in morning. My question is, where were the Kilgore fans in the first half?

Most people like to watch the entire game not not run their mouths from the very start like you guys. Just because people arent on smoaky doesnt make you any more of a fan than they are. by the way... SCOREBOARD!!

They didnt shut monster down. The play calling for Henderson was nothing like it had been. Any time we had a play called that was designed for Monsta to run, he would gain 10-15. The last 2 games we called those over and over. Bullard he kept it in his game the whole game. When they wanted him to run tonight he got his yards. But we kept putting it in the runnin backs hands and trying to throw. Didnt make sense. Kilgore didn't shut him down. They got him down for minimal yards or a loss on busted plays. Horrible play calling tonight. I will say kilgores D is legit, but hendersons is just as good. Both teams will make noise in playoffs. Good luck bulldogs.

They didnt shut monster down. The play calling for Henderson was nothing like it had been. Any time we had a play called that was designed for Monsta to run, he would gain 10-15. The last 2 games we called those over and over. Bullard he kept it in his game the whole game. When they wanted him to run tonight he got his yards. But we kept putting it in the runnin backs hands and trying to throw. Didnt make sense. Kilgore didn't shut him down. They got him down for minimal yards or a loss on busted plays. Horrible play calling tonight. I will say kilgores D is legit, but hendersons is just as good. Both teams will make noise in playoffs. Good luck bulldogs.

Monsta looked very tired at the end the first quarter. I'd be interested to know how many runs he had in the first half.

Great game Henderson. You played well enough to win, no doubt.

As for Kilgore.....

Not the best game, statistically speaking, that the defense has played.....but It took a ton of heart to do what they did tonight. Henderson ran 60 plays to our 37. Backs against the wall all night long, chasing the slippery monsta. 10 pts. Held the monsta to 3.5 yds/carry. Unreal.

As for the offense, blah. If a defense is going to drop 10 in the box, you have to make them pay. We dropped 2 for sure TD's, maybe 3. Catch the ball.

Good luck to Henderson the rest of the way. I'm glad we won't have to play you again anytime soon.

Lion fans, lets all get behind these fighting lions for next weeks game at home(last home game for srs.. and let them know how proud we are of them. Last night was a tough one to let get away. By far our best effort of season and had Kilgore where we wanted them until we let the receiver get behind us at the end.

Kilgore showed us just what we thought, had not played anyone who played them 4 quarters of tough football. However hats off to the dogs turned them back in the red zone 3 times. Your front 4 on defense is good and # 44 is a football player. he made so many plays that were a step away from us breaking bigger plays and a couple for tds.

If you expect to beat the big boys from the Dallas area your offense will have to get a,but after the first two playoff games it will need to produce as defense alone will not win the state championship.

So Lion fans lets let these kids know we are as tough as anyone after going into Kilgore and nearly pulling off the game last night..keep working and lets stay focused.

good luck to Kilgore on your game vs. Gilmer..it will be a good one also..they are well coached although not nearly as good in playmaking positions this year...Gilmer will have a hard time moving the ball against you but I think you will also struggle moving it against them-again a fummble; special team play;big stops when needed will decide the game..a toss up-could go either way...go disrict of doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the playoffs begin-----------

Great game Henderson. You played well enough to win, no doubt.

As for Kilgore.....

Not the best game, statistically speaking, that the defense has played.....but It took a ton of heart to do what they did tonight. Henderson ran 60 plays to our 37. Backs against the wall all night long, chasing the slippery monsta. 10 pts. Held the monsta to 3.5 yds/carry. Unreal.

As for the offense, blah. If a defense is going to drop 10 in the box, you have to make them pay. We dropped 2 for sure TD's, maybe 3. Catch the ball.

Good luck to Henderson the rest of the way. I'm glad we won't have to play you again anytime soon.

Aggie I have to admit I was wrong on Kilgore's DL.....Absolute STUDS.......I know #44 gets all the attention but they make his job a whole lot easier..I will be pulling for y'all to win district next week I don't see no reason Kilgore shouldn't handle Gilmer....Good luck the rest of the way y'all should make a deep run into the playoffs with that kind of defense...

Aggie I have to admit I was wrong on Kilgore's DL.....Absolute STUDS.......I know #44 gets all the attention but they make his job a whole lot easier..I will be pulling for y'all to win district next week I don't see no reason Kilgore shouldn't handle Gilmer....Good luck the rest of the way y'all should make a deep run into the playoffs with that kind of defense...

Henderson's D ain't no joke. Other than the 2 big plays we couldn't do anything. Shut down.

Good luck to yall the rest of the way.... You will be an extremely tough out.

Lol...not that great

exactly....there's no doubt the dude is explosive but if they want to make him the East Texas Denard Robinson they are going to have to have better play calling than that.

BTW Henderson how many of those Brown kids do you guys have??? it seems like every era you guys have a brown. There was a guy named Doogie Brown that was like a year or two older than me and then that Pee-Wee Brown and now a Monster Brown. I think it's safe to say Monster got the best nickname.

Henderson's D ain't no joke. Other than the 2 big plays we couldn't do anything. Shut down.

Good luck to yall the rest of the way.... You will be an extremely tough out.

Thanks we will be pulling for y'all the rest of the way and hopefully it will work out to where we may can watch Kilgore play in the playoffs...

They are good don't get me wrong but rely too much on Monster. The playcalling was very predictable and he will have to beat you with his arm to win state. Imo neither team will win state . Kilgore front seven is really good and is what keeps them undefeated. Should have taken the points on the field goal but I understand the call just not the way it was setup. Monster would have go to guy on that possession. If you contain Monster brown you have beat Henderson unless the Oc lets him throw down the field.

Totally agree on the Monsta comments.

You could tell Coach Barker is missed at Henderson lol. I don't expect a deep run.

This is why so many people on here cant take you serious. Not 1 word from you about the offensive play calling all year then all of the sudden you lose to Kilgore and you are back on your we arnet very good we wont win blah blah blah. You doubt Kilgore fans for getting on here and talking about their team and talk about how good Henderson is and then you lose now all of the sudden they arent good. Make up your mind, 1 loss does not define a season so you can hold your " im just honest thats why people dont like me" bit. Im sure on the come back against Gilmer that was the offense yall ran in the 2nd half and it worked, just not agianst the bulldogs. You want to talk about a fair weather fan? give me a break you change your mind about as much as the weather changes in Texas. Also you keep referring to the front 7 of Kilgore? There are only 4 of them on the defensive line. Did you even get a helment in High school im wondering if you even know anything about football at all.