Carthage Will Win State!

formerBULLDAWG

I believe that Surratt and his coaches will take it one game at a time and get their kids ready for each game.

I agree. This is obviously the approach they take this time of the year when one bad night will end your season. "Obviously" refers to their having successfully gotten through the single elimination tournament 3 years in a row.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Carthage will get past Palestine with no problem.

LaVega could give us fits if they bring their A-game.

We can get past Yates with no problem

Silsbee, they are like a center or jasper, we beat them by 2 tds

Stephenville, I've seen them play in person a couple of times. If we bring our A game we are only 7 points better Sville. So all I can say is , I hope we bring our A game.

As for starting a thread like this, and saying you started it so people can think Carthage fans are arrogant and say something back...GROW UP

I think Carthage will get past Palestine with no problem.

LaVega could give us fits if they bring their A-game.

We can get past Yates with no problem

Silsbee, they are like a center or jasper, we beat them by 2 tds

Stephenville, I've seen them play in person a couple of times. If we bring our A game we are only 7 points better Sville. So all I can say is , I hope we bring our A game.

As for starting a thread like this, and saying you started it so people can think Carthage fans are arrogant and say something back...GROW UP

I said I was starting this thread to make ME look arrogant because I think trash talking is fun and I wanted someone to comment back. I did not say I started this to make Carthage fans look arrogant. You shouldn't comment if you don't know what your talking about. I may seem arrogant, but I have yet to provide false info or state something unrealistic. Everything I said I truly believe.

D1 in 3A has been the easier route to a championship several times over the last 5-6 years.

I agree......if for no other reason than D1 having one less game to play to win a championship. Usually, there are more good teams in D2 which makes it even harder, plus with that extra game you have to play you have to have more luck with injuries and the sort.

You need to shut up. I said I was starting this thread to make ME look arrogant because I think trash talking is fun and I wanted someone to comment back. I did not say I started this to make Carthage fans look arrogant. You shouldn't comment if you don't know what your talking about. I may seem arrogant, but I have yet to provide false info or state something unrealistic. Everything I said I truly believe.

Well if you have been on smoaky for a while you would know that with the way people think on here, no one is going to say "formerBULLDAWG is arrogany", they are going to say Carthage fans are arrogant. Right or wrong?

I rememebr several years back when the Carthage people thought the same thing. About 1994 or 95. They went over to SFA Stadium ranked number 4 in the state and played a lowly Navasota team that had never been in the 4A playoffs. The Bulldog dream season ended that night at SFA as that lowly Navosta Team beat their tails. Just saying, maybe you better hatch those chickens before you start counting them. Carthage is good, but it takes talent and a little luck to win it all. One kid, one injury and a whole dream can be over.

Well if you have been on smoaky for a while you would know that with the way people think on here, no one is going to say "formerBULLDAWG is arrogany", they are going to say Carthage fans are arrogant. Right or wrong?

Could be right, certain people would say that. Why does it matter if a few people on Smoaky think we are arrogant though? The only thing that matters right now is our boys winning state. If some people don't like us then that really doesn't bother me.

I rememebr several years back when the Carthage people thought the same thing. About 1994 or 95. They went over to SFA Stadium ranked number 4 in the state and played a lowly Navasota team that had never been in the 4A playoffs. The Bulldog dream season ended that night at SFA as that lowly Navosta Team beat their tails. Just saying, maybe you better hatch those chickens before you start counting them. Carthage is good, but it takes talent and a little luck to win it all. One kid, one injury and a whole dream can be over.

I don't like threads like this, but I highly doubt that some armchair qb's posting on smoaky is representative of our kids and coaching staff looking past anyone. This team may have all new players from the state teams, but most of our coaching staff knows what it takes to win this time of year, and you can bet it doesn't include looking to Jerry's World before the bi-district game. So someone wants to be first to say "Carthage will win it all!". He may have done his homework and know what he is talking about. I for one like to look at each game as they come.

Carthage should beat Palestine. I don't know that it will be a blowout, but if the Dawgs play to their ability, it will be a win.

Could be right, certain people would say that. Why does it matter if a few people on Smoaky think we are arrogant though? The only thing that matters right now is our boys winning state. If some people don't like us then that really doesn't bother me.

You say nothing bothers you, yet you post responses constantly with juvenile language.

You say nothing bothers you, yet you post responses constantly with juvenile language.

Nothing anyone says on this website bothers me. There's more important things in life to worry about. I just enjoy this kind of stuff. It's not like I've cussed anyone out. The worst things I've said is shut up and c rap. I state my honest opinion in every post. I HONESTLY think Carthage will win State this year. I HONESTLY think Stephenville will beat Kilgore. Although I hope that doesn't happen. I HONESTLY think if El Campo plays Carthage it will be a double digit win for Carthage. If you think differently then good, I like sports arguments.

Nothing anyone says on this website bothers me. There's more important things in life to worry about. I just enjoy this kind of stuff. It's not like I've cussed anyone out. The worst things I've said is shut up and c rap. I state my honest opinion in every post. I HONESTLY think Carthage will win State this year. I HONESTLY think Stephenville will beat Kilgore. Although I hope that doesn't happen. I HONESTLY think if El Campo plays Carthage it will be a double digit win for Carthage. If you think differently then good, I like sports arguments.

:rolleyes:

Is there possibility Carthage and Kilgore meet up in playoffs? Semis?

It will be like when yall played CH for the State Championship!!! Just the Dogs against the Dawgs, the old kids of the DoD against the new kids of the DoD. Making even more people slap their forehead, do an eyeroll, and ask please, oh please, can we just do away with the name "District of Doom", it is as annoying as the nicknames "honey badger" or "Johnny Football"!!!! And all those from DoD will just grin, and say... The best come from East Texas and out of DoD, or at least at one time, they did.