Round Ball

Sicembeers

SFA knocks off Southland newcomer Oral Roberts to improve to 5-0 in Southland play, and take the outright lead in conference play. SFA is now 14-1 on the year. Their one loss came on the road against A&M when they were outshot 26-6 at the free throw line.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor struggled with TCU's grind it out pace today but seperated a little in the second half enough for a win. 3-0 in conference but the Kansas Jayhawks are next up on Big monday. The phog will be in full effect and the bears better bring their A game if they don't want to be disgraced. Good wins for OU and A&M.

I think Baylor has a few more "Quality" wins but right now I don't even know if Kentucky is a tourney team. Their best win is against Maryland who isn't a strong team this year either. The big 12 is probably looking at 4 to 5.

1. KU

2. KSU

3. OU/OSU

4. Baylor/ISU

I think any of those teams have a realistic shot of making the dance. Texas could of course play their way in but right now they are sitting at the bottom of the conference with TCU.

SEC

1.Florida

2.Mizzou

3. Ole Miss (What a suprise so far)

4.A&M

• 1 month later...

Texas comes from a half-time deficit of 43-28 to win in overtime over OU.

I don't want to talk about it. I've never been so embarrassed. Our guys started showboating and got cocky with 8 left on the clock. I hope Kruger ripped into them.

Good note: I loved seeing Romero Osby come down on M'Baye for doing the horns down. It was a mature, class move by a senior captain. Stuff like that is why OU is having the success they are this season.

This team has come far, but not near far enough to start taunting other teams.

Take nothing away from Texas though. They showed energy and a lot of maturity down the stretch. The last 8 minutes and OT was the type of team people expect from Barnes and Texas.

Bevo was grazing and found a blade of green grass. Was sad to hear the attendence at the game. If someone had BO, I don't think it was going to offend anyone.

I am happy about the win, but think it is for not.

Umm yeah, we were playing Oklahoma so it's pretty safe to say there was plenty of BO in the stadium...:)

Bevo was grazing and found a blade of green grass. Was sad to hear the attendence at the game. If someone had BO, I don't think it was going to offend anyone.

I am happy about the win, but think it is for not.

Maybe, just maybe, if Texas finishes with a .500 record after the conference tourney, they can get into the NIT

OU rebounded from the meltdown in Austin with a nice 86-69 win over ISU.

Oklahoma tied the D1 record for made FT without a miss - 34/34 - LAST done by Samford in 1990. UC-Irvine in '81 before that.

EDIT: This also tied the all-division record.

Looking like the only team from the great state of texas making the NCAA tournament will be SFA. I think A&M is solidly in the Nit and baylor is between NCAA and nit right now.

I think Baylor is out of the NCAA after tonight. They might barely make it if they win out against Texas and KU. Iowa State has OSU and WVU left. Idk if they will make it either if they can't upset OSU.

Isn't RPI basically SoS factored into wins somehow? A less hrmmmm pooped on version of the BCS without human influence?

Wins, losses, home and away is factored into results, SOS, oppenents records, opponents opponents records.

SFA clinches the Southland Conference regular season title. SFA is 25-3 (best in Texas) and 15-2 in conference play. The win clinches at least a spot in the NIT for the 'Jacks and a bye in the conference tournament next week.

SFA could possibly be the only team from Texas that makes the NCAA tournament...

I saw that the Aggie women just won the SEC basketball tournament today. They upset #1 Tennessee and #2 Kentucky. Maybe the SEC isn't as tough as everybody thought? Ags have sure held their own in most every sport.......

I think the Baylor girls would have destroyed everyone in the SEC, just like they did in the Big 12.

I saw that the Aggie women just won the SEC basketball tournament today. They upset #1 Tennessee and #2 Kentucky. Maybe the SEC isn't as tough as everybody thought? Ags have sure held their own in most every sport.......

I think the Baylor girls would have destroyed everyone in the SEC, just like they did in the Big 12.

I agree, with ole Brian Griner they're an impossible matchup for most women's teams

or maybe the Aggies have a pretty dang good women basketball team no not that plus Baylor would have a harder time with Tenn,Kentucky, & A&M.

You mean the same Tenn team that Baylor beat by 23!? The same Kentucky team Baylor beat by 34!?

Don't get confused, Baylor would absolutely CRUSH A&M!...Just like they did last year.

Baylor has only lost 1 game in 2 years, and that was a 2 point loss in Hawaii against then #4 Stanford. They are 23-1 the last 2 years against ranked teams. They have beaten 'Ranked' opponents by an average margin of 21 points!