Garrison (8-3) Vs. Centerville (10-0)

easttxoc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After enjoying the win for the Bulldogs this weekend, it is time to focus on the Area round game versus Centerville. You watch them on film and understand why there is a lot of hype surrounding this team and their expectations to make a deep run. They are well coached, physical and very complete in all phases of the game. I will not concede a win to the Tigers, for the simple fact that the Bulldogs will present them with a defensive style they have not seen to date. Garrison has really stepped up their physicalness on the defensive side of the ball and made it very difficult for teams to line up and overpower them in the trenches. It will take a complete game by the Bulldogs on both sides of the ball to pull this one out, and they have the talent to do so if everything clicks. There are several factors that I feel could be to the Bulldog's advantage in this one to help them get things going early. Centerville will have had two weeks without a game, which sometimes causes timing issues on offense. They have not been challenged in their final games, which can sometimes remove that edge of urgency against a physical team. Finally outside of Bulldog Nation nobody expects Garrison to pose a threat to the Tigers, which can lead to overconfidence. I am sure that many will post their thoughts and opinions in rebuttal to my thoughts, but that is what makes it fun for the fans on Smoaky. Just remember we have already seen several upsets in the 1A - 5A playoffs, plus I watched a very inspired Baylor team do the "unthinkable" against Kansas State on Saturday. So that is my motto for the Bulldogs this week, do the "unthinkable"! Roll On Dogs!

Never been a fan of reactionary defense, believe in attacking an offense from the edge and the middle . Same with the offense , attack , attack , attack . After awhile something will give and you find your opponanents weekness, Dawgs have a history of doing that.

Just keep coming at em Dawgs , and good things can happen- chain out

Centerville in 10 games: 480 points scored, 109 points allowed for 48 ppg and 10.9 ppg

Garrison in 11 games: 339 points scored, 169 points allowed for 30.8 ppg and 16.9 ppg

It is easy to see why these two teams are still playing, with potent offenses and stingy defenses. There is not any secret to what the Bulldogs have to do, step it up and play the best game of their season. The Seniors and Juniors need to pull from their previous playoff experience and continue to lead this group during practice this week, a team of Centerville's caliber will take a total effort to bring down. Roll On Dogs!

Centerville in 10 games: 480 points scored, 109 points allowed for 48 ppg and 10.9 ppg

Garrison in 11 games: 339 points scored, 169 points allowed for 30.8 ppg and 16.9 ppg

It is easy to see why these two teams are still playing, with potent offenses and stingy defenses. There is not any secret to what the Bulldogs have to do, step it up and play the best game of their season. The Seniors and Juniors need to pull from their previous playoff experience and continue to lead this group during practice this week, a team of Centerville's caliber will take a total effort to bring down. Roll On Dogs!

Sawboss............. good luck brother!!!

Those are some impressive stats. Garrison got off to a slow start the first few games learning the spread offense. We have really stepped it up the last few weeks and could have easily run up the scores of some of the games. I wonder how the competition level the two teams have played compares?

Those are some impressive stats. Garrison got off to a slow start the first few games learning the spread offense. We have really stepped it up the last few weeks and could have easily run up the scores of some of the games. I wonder how the competition level the two teams have played compares?

me too.

They beat a very good Mildred team early and then beat a quality Crawford team in district, beyond that about the same as what the Bulldogs have faced.

Teams played: Overall Record:

Bruceville-Eddy 3-7 won 56-0

Moody 3-7 won 35-0

Buffalo 6-4 won 35-6

Riesel 4-6 won 38-6

Rosebud-Lott 4-6 won 70-30

Crawford 10-1 won 40-21 Crawford defeated Corrigan-Camden 27-26 in OT

Hearne 7-4 won 45-0 Hearne defeated New Waverly 42-7 (I think)

Elkhart 2-8 won 44-6

Mildred 9-1 won 70-22 Mildred had a 1st round bye

Grapeland 2-8 won 47-18

Overall records of teams played in regular season was 48-52. With Garrison facing an 8-2 Arp and an 8-2 San Augustine strength of schedule would be similar. What jumps out at me is their consistency to put up at least 35 points/game in every offensive outing. That is the change that the Bulldogs will have to make, holding them to around the 21-24 mark and have success in their own offense. Roll On Dogs!

They beat a very good Mildred team early and then beat a quality Crawford team in district, beyond that about the same as what the Bulldogs have faced.

Teams played: Overall Record:

Bruceville-Eddy 3-7 won 56-0

Moody 3-7 won 35-0

Buffalo 6-4 won 35-6

Riesel 4-6 won 38-6

Rosebud-Lott 4-6 won 70-30

Crawford 10-1 won 40-21 Crawford defeated Corrigan-Camden 27-26 in OT

Hearne 7-4 won 45-0 Hearne defeated New Waverly 42-7 (I think)

Elkhart 2-8 won 44-6

Mildred 9-1 won 70-22 Mildred had a 1st round bye

Grapeland 2-8 won 47-18

Overall records of teams played in regular season was 48-52. With Garrison facing an 8-2 Arp and an 8-2 San Augustine strength of schedule would be similar. What jumps out at me is their consistency to put up at least 35 points/game in every offensive outing. That is the change that the Bulldogs will have to make, holding them to around the 21-24 mark and have success in their own offense. Roll On Dogs!

Saw, sorry but these schedules don't look close at all. Your 1 quality win is against 1a SA. I hope im wrong, but this one looks like a blowout.