Lake Travis

Sportsfanatic1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all JT wouldn't have lost to coppell and yea JT lost to Lancaster and almost lost to Whitehouse but Wolfie didn't longview lose to UNRANKED coppell were blown out actually in that game and JT was undefeated against 5A teams this season and they were some good 5A teams expect for lee and Whitehouse would give longview a game because yall wouldn't be able to stop the mahomes kid and Whitehouse is ranked and Lancaster is a legit state contender and even though we lost to Lancaster atleast we didn't get embarrassed like longview oan don't forget JT still got more championships then yall will ever have.

People lets us not forget that Southlake Carrol who crossed the line from 4A to 5A and went on to win state in their first 3 years(2004,2005,2006) in 5A. So for someone to say that there is a big difference between 4A and 5A ball just travel back in time and research the Southlake Carroll Dragons under Todd Dodge leadership.

People lets us not forget that Southlake Carrol who crossed the line from 4A to 5A and went on to win state in their first 3 years(2004,2005,2006) in 5A. So for someone to say that there is a big difference between 4A and 5A ball just travel back in time and research the Southlake Carroll Dragons under Todd Dodge leadership.

Yes, They were truly the exception to the rule.

Steele won their first year in 5a. The top 4a and 5a is not that much different from each other.

I agree that there are sometimes exceptions to the rule, that doesn't mean it isn't different.

Who would you say the best team in 5A is this year? Katy? Coppell? Steele? Allen? DeSoto?

Who would you say the best team in 4A is? Lancaster? John Tyler? Cedar Park? Albedo?

Do you really believe JT would beat any of those listed 5A teams? I understand this is all opinion without them playing, but I don't believe they do.

Again, LT just did something no other team in the history of Texas HS football has ever done, win 5 cons State titles. They couldn't even make it out if the first round.

I agree that there are sometimes exceptions to the rule, that doesn't mean it isn't different.

Who would you say the best team in 5A is this year? Katy? Coppell? Steele? Allen? DeSoto?

Who would you say the best team in 4A is? Lancaster? John Tyler? Cedar Park? Albedo?

Do you really believe JT would beat any of those listed 5A teams? I understand this is all opinion without them playing, but I don't believe they do.

Again, LT just did something no other team in the history of Texas HS football has ever done, win 5 cons State titles. They couldn't even make it out if the first round.

JT have always been 5a except for the last 3 year's in 4a. They had no problem competing in 5a. None of those teams are head shoulders better than JT or any other top 4a teams. You also forgetting the fact LT was hit by the injury bug severely this year. LT played 5a teams in non district every year and had no problem dismantling them.

JT have always been 5a except for the last 3 year's in 4a. They had no problem competing in 5a. None of those teams are head shoulders better than JT or any other top 4a teams. You also forgetting the fact LT was hit by the injury bug severely this year. LT played 5a teams in non district every year and had no problem dismantling them.

None of those teams are head and shoulders better than JT? Really? Okay, then tell me the last time JT competed, not played, competed, in 5A. Sure, they were still in 5A just a few years ago, but you're talking as if this is the '90's. JT hasn't 'competed' in 5A in a looong time.

If 5a is so strong, why did Steele and Guyer make it to the 5a state championship their first year in 5a? Neither one of them never made it to the 4a state championship game.

Again, I said that there are your rare exceptions. However, you're talking about two teams who ended up playing each other for state. In a year when Steele had the best RB in the state no less. And in my opinion, neither of them played the best 5A has to offer....Katy, SLC, Trinity, etc. Because those teams are always in D1.

That's the one thing I hate about the Texas HS playoffs. They don't need to add more teams (there are already too many), they need to make the D1 winner play the D2 winner to prove who is actually the best.

None of those teams are head and shoulders better than JT? Really? Okay, then tell me the last time JT competed, not played, competed, in 5A. Sure, they were still in 5A just a few years ago, but you're talking as if this is the '90's. JT hasn't 'competed' in 5A in a looong time.

JT went 4 rounds in 09. They were top ten all year. That's competing. They made the elite 8.

Again, I said that there are your rare exceptions. However, you're talking about two teams who ended up playing each other for state. In a year when Steele had the best RB in the state no less. And in my opinion, neither of them played the best 5A has to offer....Katy, SLC, Trinity, etc. Because those teams are always in D1.

That's the one thing I hate about the Texas HS playoffs. They don't need to add more teams (there are already too many), they need to make the D1 winner play the D2 winner to prove who is actually the best.

Katy has not won since 08. Trinity has not won since 09. I don't consider them the teams to beat anymore. Before SLC won last year they haven't won since 06. Use some different teams to try and prove your point. You can use SLC because they are the defending state champion.

the lt fans on the 5a tx board talked just as much about who could beat jt an how they would score 50 plus on us an i said from last year lt wouldnt make it out the first round an i was right .

an any those 5a teams jt can beat they just better have a good secondary

an any those 5a teams jt can beat they just better have a good secondary

Translation..you think Whitehouse and Lancaster would beat those 5A teams as well.

I can't deal with you JT people..don't know a thing about football. All you know is "JT".

First of all JT wouldn't have lost to coppell and yea JT lost to Lancaster and almost lost to Whitehouse but Wolfie didn't longview lose to UNRANKED coppell were blown out actually in that game and JT was undefeated against 5A teams this season and they were some good 5A teams expect for lee and Whitehouse would give longview a game because yall wouldn't be able to stop the mahomes kid and Whitehouse is ranked and Lancaster is a legit state contender and even though we lost to Lancaster atleast we didn't get embarrassed like longview oan don't forget JT still got more championships then yall will ever have.

Oh my freaking GOD! Kids and IPhones/computers...not a good idea...

Poor little ole longview had to wine to the uil to move to 4A cause they could never go to state and then yall wined again cause yall couldn't win it in 4A!! Longview is a disgrace to east Texas how do you go to state twice and lose. And to really tell the truth longview is no better than JT because neither one us got rings yet

i know all about football

No you don't.

You said Lancaster isn't JT..but they beat JT. I guess you'd be right..Lancaster is better. Then you say Whitehouse isn't JT because they don't play defense. That's just a stupid comment. JT gave up 38 points to Whitehouse a week ago and was down 24-0 at one point in the first half.

Face it..you don't know football. All you know is John Tyler.

lancaster won off a call that took away a game winning td at the one yard line i wasnt there but it was said that jt should of won an ref called a bad call come on they drove down field an scored lancaster isnt better they just came away with a win theres no way they do the same