SEC "Top 10" Teams

Taco90

Show me a conference that has better OOC wins than Michigan, la tech, and Washington (who beat Stanford)

Nobody plays a difficult OOC schedule. What makes the SEC have higher ranked teams is the top half teams don't lose to the bottom half teams.

La Tech??? You're seriously including a team that gave up 49 points to Houston, 55 to Texas State, and lost to Utah State, LOL!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've lost two games all year! LOL

I don't care if they've only lost 1 (when it's to Utah State!)...It's La Freaking tech. Leave it to an Aggie to think a WAC team is an impressive opponent. Should I start bragging for beating Wyoming, lol?

North Dakota State has only lost one game...perhaps A&M should schedule them next year too. Or how about Old Dominion, lol.

Right now if I were to rank the top ten it would be :

1. The Iron Bowl

2. Alabama vs. LSU

3. The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party

4. West Georgia (Auburn) vs. Georgia - simply because it's the oldest.

5. The Third Saturday in October

6. LSU vs. Ole Miss

I thought that South Carolina and Florida would be intense, but it hasn't lived up to expectations. I can't say that Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, Texas A&M, or Missouri have any big rivals at the present time. If Georgia Tech would have stayed in the SEC there would have been two more. Tech vs. Georgia, and Tech vs. Alabama (Alabama still has the lyrics of "send the yellow jackets to a watery grave, in their fight song"). I realize that the SEC has outside rivalries that are somewhat big FSU vs. Florida, South Carolina vs. Clemson, Kentucky vs. Louisville

The ones you listed are true rival games and bigger impact games than Ole Ms and Ms St. But I assure you, they are not nearly played with the intensity or shear hate as the Ms St and Ole Ms games. they have been going at each other on t he boards since the end of last years game with no let up and it's always like that. I have been raised on SEC football and have watched games that I can remember since 1965 and I have heard all the stories from 3 generations from my family members so I do have reasons to base my opinions on and no, not all of my family is from the same state.

Praise be to MavGrad for spotting trolls. We now know to bring our coins when we cross those bridges. Also, thank you for correctly pointing out the game that Taco seems to have missed on his TiVo.

Trolling is certainly against the rules. As is multiple accounts. As for talking to yourself, that should be handled by professionals.

I agree but Frog & Baylor fan are famous for it but yet still here. Cough cough IP Address just saying....

They've both been banned dozens of times each. The IP addresses they use are shared among numerous posters. Frog fan is actually a teacher/coach at an East Texas school and I've gone as far as banning every poster from that school in the past. Thanks for your insight, though.

Trolling is certainly against the rules. As is multiple accounts. As for talking to yourself, that should be handled by professionals.

Now now my friend. But what harm did I do besides encouraging everyone on here? Including the trolls.

There is a line between good clean fun and what should be banned. Warning me for a fun, energetic, playful, and encouraging second screen name says a lot about you. There is a reason you are the most disliked mod on this forum. Sure, you ban the trolls, but you also ban people that contribute to threads and try their best not to go too far even when provoked by a troll trying extremely hard for an argument with certain users.

Get those 2 in this thread under control, and this forum would barely even have to be monitored. IT WAS AN EXTREMELY CALM AND QUIET WEEK WITHOUT THEM.

They've both been banned dozens of times each. The IP addresses they use are shared among numerous posters. Frog fan is actually a teacher/coach at an East Texas school and I've gone as far as banning every poster from that school in the past. Thanks for your insight, though.

And he is still here.

I don't care if they've only lost 1 (when it's to Utah State!)...It's La Freaking tech. Leave it to an Aggie to think a WAC team is an impressive opponent. Should I start bragging for beating Wyoming, lol?

North Dakota State has only lost one game...perhaps A&M should schedule them next year too. Or how about Old Dominion, lol.

Downplay LA Tach as much as you want. They were considered this years 'BCS Buster'.....much like TCU used to be, you know, the TCU who beat Texas last night, and used to reside in the WAC.

Downplay LA Tach as much as you want. They were considered this years 'BCS Buster'.....much like TCU used to be, you know, the TCU who beat Texas last night, and used to reside in the WAC.

Interesting...in three years as a BCS buster, TCU went undefeated in two regular seasons, they didn't lose to Utah State lol

But Latech is a good win for A&M no matter how you look at it. They are decent and aren't Wyoming.

Whatever floats your boat. I don't know of a single OU/TX fan (as well as anyone of your SEC brethren) that would be proud of beating...La Tech.

A lot of Texas fans claimed TCU was an upgrade over a&m because of the fact that they had racked up a lot of wins in the past 10 years. They ignored the fact that these were MWC and C-USA wins. But now that La Tech is in the discussion, their wins don't matter because they are WAC.

Since no WAC team has ever been able to compete with the likes of OU...

A lot of Texas fans claimed TCU was an upgrade over a&m because of the fact that they had racked up a lot of wins in the past 10 years. They ignored the fact that these were MWC and C-USA wins. But now that La Tech is in the discussion, their wins don't matter because they are WAC.

Since no WAC team has ever been able to compete with the likes of OU...

Because I was totally comparing them to OU?

The difference is Utep is not any good. Latech could be the likes of Texas IMO.

I don't understand... no one is comparing La Tech to UTEP, except you.

Lots of polls, none show La Tech being ranked. I'm sure they were a completely different team when they took A&M to the wire in CState and lost at home against Utah State.

No need to get your panties in a bunch Aggies. All I'm saying is I personally wouldn't, and don't know anyone who would make a big deal out of beating La Tech, period. If you are proud of that win, then by all means, be proud.

Anywho, back to the topic..

Because I was totally comparing them to OU?

I don't understand... no one is comparing La Tech to UTEP, except you.

Lots of polls, none show La Tech being ranked. I'm sure they were a completely different team when they took A&M to the wire in CState and lost at home against Utah State.

No need to get your panties in a bunch Aggies. All I'm saying is I personally wouldn't, and don't know anyone who would make a big deal out of beating La Tech, period. If you are proud of that win, then by all means, be proud.

Anywho, back to the topic..

At the time they were ranked #23, and the game wasn't in C-Stat. I'm just having trouble understanding why people try to discount beating a ranked team?

Remember when Arkansas and WVU were top 10 teams? That's why.

Yes I do. La Tech continued winning after that game until a slip up against another bunch of Aggies. The way I look at it, A&M practically went on the road and beat a top 25 team playing with no depth on their defense. It's cool though, it's become quite obvious that most of you on here will do anything you can to disprove and discredit anything A&M does, which I get. The Ags were supposed to go to the SEC and get their heads bashed in, but they haven't, and y'all have trouble accepting that. It's all good, just keep winning baby.

Yes I do. La Tech continued winning after that game until a slip up against another bunch of Aggies. The way I look at it, A&M practically went on the road and beat a top 25 team playing with no depth on their defense. It's cool though, it's become quite obvious that most of you on here will do anything you can to disprove and discredit anything A&M does, which I get. The Ags were supposed to go to the SEC and get their heads bashed in, but they haven't, and y'all have trouble accepting that. It's all good, just keep winning baby.

Boom headshot!

I give A&M plenty of credit. I give Manziel, Sumlin and the team credit. I've said numerous times they have exceeded everyones expectations and are doing very well. I'm not going to give you a high five for beating freaking La Tech though lol. You might be Aggies, but you're better than that. Stop wasting your time bragging about La Tech and brag about Bama. Now that was a quality win!

I give A&M plenty of credit. I give Manziel, Sumlin and the team credit. I've said numerous times they have exceeded everyones expectations and are doing very well. I'm not going to give you a high five for beating freaking La Tech though lol. You might be Aggies, but you're better than that. Stop wasting your time bragging about La Tech and brag about Bama. Now that was a quality win!

I know you give credit. And I'm not trying to brag, just make a case that La Tech was a quality win, which I honestly think it was.