Hughes Springs vs. Centerville

Horns85

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe Centerville is a legitimate opponent to win this game, not because they beat Garrison, but because of their talent and discipline on the field. In my opinion both teams are of quality and deserve credit for their recent success, it is not something you could see coming based on their past 2-3 season performances. I will not lose sleep either way the game turns out, I just enjoy staying involved with good football. I am not here to talk "smack" with the fans, but it is evident that if someone does not choose to jump on the Hughes Springs bandwagon, then they are ignorant in their knowledge of football. As a former coach, I still have a lot of friends in the region with teams that are still playing. I do not tell them what they want to hear all the time, I tell them what I see as their strength and weaknesses. The same goes for this game, both teams have areas that can exploit their opponent and both teams have areas that can be exploited. Like it or not, when top small school programs are talked about for their tradition and winning heritage, Hughes Springs is not in that conversation. Best of luck to both teams, and congratulations to their coaches and players for the hard work and dedication it took to get this far. Roll On Dogs!

Congratulations to Hughes Springs on their win and to Centerville for playing with heart and determination. I felt that the Tigers were a threat to win this game and a missed extra point in overtime shows that these were two evenly matched teams. Best of luck to the Mustangs in their upcoming game with Elysian Fields and their quest to represent Region III.

HS should have been up 28-7 at half and controlled the second half.. Instead costly penalties and a turnover kept the game close for the next two quaters. Centerville came out strong in the second half with HS just doing enough to survive with more costly penalties. Really wanting to see this HS team reach more of its potential, if they put together 4 qtrs they could cruise to Jerry's Playground

Lmao at this clown. HS beat all common opponents with Dfield worse or as bad. Doesn't matter that they didn't get spanked by Gilmer. Hurry up and get home so Jodi can get some sleep. He gotta hunt in the am. :)

i guess all that comparing HS wins to Dfield wins was pointless, when u cant repeat ur own victories....especially in a weaker district and division....however good season HS....hope yall win it in round ball, the hard one with white threads though!

i guess all that comparing HS wins to Dfield wins was pointless, when u cant repeat ur own victories....especially in a weaker district and division....however good season HS....hope yall win it in round ball, the hard one with white threads though!

red threads haha...too many cold ones..o well