Hughes Springs vs. Centerville

Horns85

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard through the grapevine that HS should match up VERY WELL with Centerville. HS hasn't played the starters much more than 2 qtrs until last night. They have built 40+ leads in the first and just played ball control eat up the clock in the 2nd half. Last night starters played a couple minutes into the 4th. They could have scored 80+ for sure. This should be good game. If Cville don't pass much, it could be a super fast one too. Looking forward to this one!

Hughes Springs is hungry, talented, and electric. Extremely well coached, lots of momentum, and have the support of the entire community. In my opinion, more dangerous right now than any other team before. HOLD ON!!... this is shaping up to be a run. Proud to be a Mustang

A few stats grom fridays game.

HS had 538yds, 385yds in the first half.

HS had 7 possessions and 7 tds in the first half.

HS had 3 players with over 100yds and a 4th player with 88yds.

HS had 5 players score tds.

HS qb was 3-7 for 44yds.

Great job by the HS defense as well.

I have to say that although there is never anything said in the news paper about this HS O line (or anyone elses), these guys are bad to the bone! They are GOOD!

Great team effort all year guys!

Keep it rollin!!!!!

The thing that makes HS so tough, is that when you key on one guy(like Hearne did against Martinez), we still have many other weapons!! You can't key on them all! As far as Centerville, they look solid, but so did Hearne when they played New Waverly!! But I do think that HS will take this one!! Centerville will bring it but we stack up real well with them, we stop the run well!!

#MustangNation!!!

Okay.... So I am about sold on the Mustangs. Wow they are putting up some huge numbers. Maybe this is the year of the Mustangs. And to think all I thought they had over there was hot links and corny dogs.... Looks like the corn dog peddlers may have a celebration late in December. Best of luck from your neighbors to the west.

I can see there are many Hughs Spring supporters here but here is the most un bias info on Centerville.First of all I do scouting for a hobby and professionall. Centerville will win this game by 16 or more pnts..There coach does not allow them tp run up scores a nd hang up big numbers on oppents ..3 of the teams in district play wete state ranked and defeated with starters off the field...the tigers are much bigger and faster than HS and more depth.

Also the tigers have a returning rb fr injury that runs a 4.2 40 6.1ft 220...i didnt see a player on Hs tjat could contain him or the others with slightly less size and speed as this young man.They are meaty on,both sides of the ball.But with that being said we play the game to see who is the best,i pick Centerville 48,HS 32...

I can see there are many Hughs Spring supporters here but here is the most un bias info on Centerville.First of all I do scouting for a hobby and professionall. Centerville will win this game by 16 or more pnts..There coach does not allow them tp run up scores a nd hang up big numbers on oppents ..3 of the teams in district play wete state ranked and defeated with starters off the field...the tigers are much bigger and faster than HS and more depth.

Really, I talked to some other professional scouts that said just the opposite. They said Cville was a solid team. But not as fast as HS or as strong. And that HS would match up VERY well and win by 2-4 tds. And this coach doesn't allow his team to run up the score either. Most starters in most games were pulled at half time. I see where Cville scored lots of points as well. What did their coach do to curb scoring in those games??? Lol.

Also the tigers have a returning rb fr injury that runs a 4.2 40 6.1ft 220...i didnt see a player on Hs tjat could contain him or the others with slightly less size and speed as this young man.They are meaty on,both sides of the ball.But with that being said we play the game to see who is the best,i pick Centerville 48,HS 32...

LMAO!! If you have a player that runs a 4.2 40, I will eat my hat! That is funny!!!!