Kilgore Vs Gainesville

fanaticfan14

Never saw the 2005 team but am curious to know what their talent was and went to in terms of D-1 and NFL.

Gainesville had one player from the 2005 team walk-on at Tech and played for a while. They had a D1 LB but he didn't have the grades. He did play a two years of JUCO ball but that's it. I don't know if Wimberly had anyone go D1 or not. They were a VERY good team as was Gainesville.

In the 2003 State game against Burnet there were three future NFL players playing that night. Darcel Mcbath for Gainesville, Steven McGee and Jordan Shipley for Burnet. Gainesville's QB, Chris Brown, went to Iowa State and played DB. He would have gotten a shot in the NFL but blew is knee out his senior year at ISU.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1353861682[/url]' post='1827827']

I know a hell of a lot more than you ever will pal, so get off your soapbox! Just because I didn't pick your precious little Bulldogs to win this game, you automatically think I don't know anything about football??? You are the clueless one! You have your pick, and I have mine, is that alright with you?

What offenses do both teams runs?

From what I've seen and heard, this Gainesville team is a lot better than Kilgore's first two playoff opponents. I still don't think they will be good enough to beat Kilgore. Gainesville better strap them helmets on tight, 'cause the Bulldogs will definitely "out-physical" them, especially on defense. I think the game will be a little closer than the Bulldogs two previous games, and unless they turn the ball over several times, I look for Kilgore to win going away. I'm looking for a score in the neighborhood of 28 or 31 to 13.

From what I've seen and heard, this Gainesville team is a lot better than Kilgore's first two playoff opponents. I still don't think they will be good enough to beat Kilgore. Gainesville better strap them helmets on tight, 'cause the Bulldogs will definitely "out-physical" them, especially on defense. I think the game will be a little closer than the Bulldogs two previous games, and unless they turn the ball over several times, I look for Kilgore to win going away. I'm looking for a score in the neighborhood of 28 or 31 to 13.

+1 Go 16-3A!!!

Did you think I was gonna root for kilgore lol. Maybe yall basketball team will be good cause something tells me Kilgore will be airing up basketballs with Gilmer lol.

You "could" be right, then again, you "could" be wrong. I don't think any team from the DofD lose this week. Of course, I could be wrong....., but then again, I could be right. :)

Gainsville has had a good year, but I think they are still a year or two away from a Title run. Kilgore will wear down Gainsville in the second half and win it 42 to 14. I think the first half will be close, but turnovers will open up the score for Kilgore.

Has Gainesville been prone to turning the ball over this season?

Padilla has Kilgore favored by 9.

Adjusted Stats has Kilgore winning 24-11.

That sounds more accurate with the final score being between 10-14 points.

I just can't foresee a blow out with two quality programs and this being the quarterfinals. To me, this is the round where you start playing serious competition.