Clarksville v Mildred

73tigers

TY! Glad there is one objective observer out there.

HS1988 had to wimper last year when we beat them, guess Power will be doing the same.

HS1988 knows how good you guys are. He just can't stand the thought that HS had a rudy poor schedule and he loves to stir anyones pot that will prove him wrong. He's just a big ol homer....that's why I like him......But all seriousness to the side I see Mildred as a 3 to 4 TD better team. C'ville has some good athletes but will lack depth and size comparing to this year's Mildred Team. Of corse I am also the same person that has Mildred picked to play in the state final this year in my preseason top 10. guess time will tell

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HS1988 knows how good you guys are. He just can't stand the thought that HS had a rudy poor schedule and he loves to stir anyones pot that will prove him wrong. He's just a big ol homer....that's why I like him......But all seriousness to the side I see Mildred as a 3 to 4 TD better team. C'ville has some good athletes but will lack depth and size comparing to this year's Mildred Team. Of corse I am also the same person that has Mildred picked to play in the state final this year in my preseason top 10. guess time will tell

I agree 1995 that HS1988 is a Homer and I applaud him for that unlike a lot of these fair weather fans on smoaky there's something to be said about loyalty and I'm quite sure he has absolutely no intention of apologizing for it either. It's either sink or swim, feast or fathom, you know what or get off the pot, ride or die, all or nothing. No matter the outcome 88 and myself will be here still representing. There are several fans on here you haven't heard from but come Saturday morning there be criticizing the coach on what went wrong. I'm going to either be eating crow or my reign of trash talk will continue, I'm not scared, I'm just a believer. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Take a stand don't straddle the fence. Hell we all have questionable fans with you one day down on you the next. They call it objectivity, I call it BS! I'm in it to win it. Cville and the Mustangs roll this week. East Texas all day every day!

I agree 1995 that HS1988 is a Homer and I applaud him for that unlike a lot of these fair weather fans on smoaky there's something to be said about loyalty and I'm quite sure he has absolutely no intention of apologizing for it either. It's either sink or swim, feast or fathom, you know what or get off the pot, ride or die, all or nothing. No matter the outcome 88 and myself will be here still representing. There are several fans on here you haven't heard from but come Saturday morning there be criticizing the coach on what went wrong. I'm going to either be eating crow or my reign of trash talk will continue, I'm not scared, I'm just a believer. You can't have your cake and eat it to. Take a stand don't straddle the fence. Hell we all have questionable fans with you one day down on you the next. They call it objectivity, I call it BS! I'm in it to win it. Cville and the Mustangs roll this week. East Texas all day every day!

very very well said brother. It's what most of us see smoaky as being all about. A chance to cheer on and root as loud as you can and enjoy serving and eating crow lol......To me it's one of the grandest shows in all of football. Watching the homers of Texas football battle it out. We have seen some greats come thru in our last few years here on smoaky and playoff time is when most of them show up. Good bad agree or disagree it's for the love of the game and our schools,communities, kids and like kind!

Good luck to both hope it a injury free game and one to remember by both.

very very well said brother. It's what most of us see smoaky as being all about. A chance to cheer on and root as loud as you can and enjoy serving and eating crow lol......To me it's one of the grandest shows in all of football. Watching the homers of Texas football battle it out. We have seen some greats come thru in our last few years here on smoaky and playoff time is when most of them show up. Good bad agree or disagree it's for the love of the game and our schools,communities, kids and like kind!

Good luck to both hope it a injury free game and one to remember by both.

+1

OK, so I am a fair weather fan that because of a typo knows nothing. I expect Clarksville fans to be Clarksville fans, I thought I had made that abundantly clear. But page after page of "my team is better than your team" without causation is BORING. Try showing up for the games because I am not sure that your football team is glued to these forums; I do. Last week, I got a faceful of a bitter cold front wind that belied the actual temperature and saw the second worst officiating I have seen in the playoffs (the worst was last year against HS); we won both games anyway. To quote the lady from the old Wendy's commercials, "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Ya gotz none and this is your last sing song.

BTW, Mildred is a great team to be a fair weather fan on as we get a lot of fair weather...

Mildred +20

OK, so I am a fair weather fan that because of a typo knows nothing. I expect Clarksville fans to be Clarksville fans, I thought I had made that abundantly clear. But page after page of "my team is better than your team" without causation is BORING. Try showing up for the games because I am not sure that your football team is glued to these forums; I do. Last week, I got a faceful of a bitter cold front wind that belied the actual temperature and saw the second worst officiating I have seen in the playoffs (the worst was last year against HS); we won both games anyway. To quote the lady from the old Wendy's commercials, "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Ya gotz none and this is your last sing song.

BTW, Mildred is a great team to be a fair weather fan on as we get a lot of fair weather...

Mildred +20

MildredEagle1 it's too early for this I'm trying to get ready to go work but nonetheless I see your hedging your bet already "officiating" didn't think I was going catch that did ya?

Btw my team is better than your team! Lol! Have a great day at work I know I am.

MildredEagle1 it's too early for this I'm trying to get ready to go work but nonetheless I see your hedging your bet already "officiating" didn't think I was going catch that did ya?

Btw my team is better than your team! Lol! Have a great day at work I know I am.

Hey, I got to give you some way of winning as you haven't. 4 blind refs could be that edge that you don't have.

Sorry, I've been tied up for a few days and couldn't jump in to the fray........... Since, I started this thread I am going to add some homerism and maybe some realism.The realism is that Mildred has a good team returning from a deep run last year and I would look for high expectations from the Mildred faithful. Mildred's stats for the year are astounding. Also the realism that those stats were accumulated against some weak competition. A couple of weeks ago I ran the rankings and power rating from the Harris Ratings on every 2A D2 team in the state. District 6 had the lowest average power rating and the second lowest average ranking only to district 15. Now I know you can say the UIL assigned the district, and you are correct. But, just because the UIL assigned it doesn't means added validity to the stats you ran up against such competition. Mildred did play well against some more formidable non district competition except for the Centerville debacle.

Clarksville, on the other hand had to replace some key pieces from last years team and it hasn't been as smooth as I expected. The Tigers have been too inconsistent offensively all year, although they have performed better in the last half of the season; and the defense has not played with the killer instinct they need. Examples of this would be the Cooper and Jacksboro games, when with big leads they let they opponent "run" their way back into the game. For Clarksville to win this game, their QB is going to have to have a solid game; the defense is going to have to rise to the occassion and #5 will have to dominate both sides of the ball.

Now the "homerism"; Clarksville is fixing to surprise a lot of folks from outside NE Texas; as you can see from this thread most folks in NE Texas know how good the Tigers are; everyone else just wants to trash them.If you think I am just a fair weather fan; I have only missed 5 Tiger games since 1972. I have seen the bad; and, I am going to see the good this week!!

By the way, Mildred, thanks for the basketball coach. You may have been ready to discard him (I don't know); but, he rode out a rough season for a state championship and is in position for another!!

Sorry, I've been tied up for a few days and couldn't jump in to the fray........... Since, I started this thread I am going to add some homerism and maybe some realism.The realism is that Mildred has a good team returning from a deep run last year and I would look for high expectations from the Mildred faithful. Mildred's stats for the year are astounding. Also the realism that those stats were accumulated against some weak competition. A couple of weeks ago I ran the rankings and power rating from the Harris Ratings on every 2A D2 team in the state. District 6 had the lowest average power rating and the second lowest average ranking only to district 15. Now I know you can say the UIL assigned the district, and you are correct. But, just because the UIL assigned it doesn't means added validity to the stats you ran up against such competition. Mildred did play well against some more formidable non district competition except for the Centerville debacle.

Clarksville, on the other hand had to replace some key pieces from last years team and it hasn't been as smooth as I expected. The Tigers have been too inconsistent offensively all year, although they have performed better in the last half of the season; and the defense has not played with the killer instinct they need. Examples of this would be the Cooper and Jacksboro games, when with big leads they let they opponent "run" their way back into the game. For Clarksville to win this game, their QB is going to have to have a solid game; the defense is going to have to rise to the occassion and #5 will have to dominate both sides of the ball.

Now the "homerism"; Clarksville is fixing to surprise a lot of folks from outside NE Texas; as you can see from this thread most folks in NE Texas know how good the Tigers are; everyone else just wants to trash them.If you think I am just a fair weather fan; I have only missed 5 Tiger games since 1972. I have seen the bad; and, I am going to see the good this week!!

By the way, Mildred, thanks for the basketball coach. You may have been ready to discard him (I don't know); but, he rode out a rough season for a state championship and is in position for another!!

jj still thinks Mildred will win this one and the rest the way to the state final. Been wrong before but I was super impressed with them. They are among the top 5 in D2. Refugio,Mildred,Arp,Lexington and Hughes Springs in no order. All can beat each other. Very very even teams across the board and who ever comes out on top prob had the best JV!!!!

I never thought I'd say this lol but honestly Shim only has to throw the ball about 15 times. And they can still win! Dre is a machine, and Ballard isn't bad either. Plus fly sweeps and him running it himself. I doubt you'll see very many pics this week from Clarksville!

If anyone out there in cyberspace has the stats correct me me if I'm wrong but doesn't Cville have double digit interceptions. Bunch of ball hawks over here eagleman5.

I'm just glad to see you guys havin a lil fun! Some of them ol boys on our thread wear their hearts on their sleeves. Fo rizzle. And JJ calling ANYone a homer is priceless.lmao

well if nothing else welcome to the club brother.....actually think you could dethrown me this year......but don't worry....you got to match up with me next week.....we will see what your made of...