59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Silsbee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody knows what Silsbee looks like, the offense they run or any other information, please let us know.

Here's a little look Mute

I believe Silsbee is on defense here vs. West-Orange Stark.

The West Orange-Stark Mustangs defeated the Silsbee Tigers, 26-12, in Silsbee on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, to claim the District 21-3A Championship.

Silsbee run the spread offense.

Very good QB in Patrick Reed, 3 very fast and very good receivers.

A very solid defense.

Their special teams is outstanding

They make a living on returning kickoffs and punts for td's

This will be the Bulldogs biggest test so far.

Carthage will have to play very good football to beat Silsbee.

They will be the fastest team Carthage has played.

Silsbee will not be easy to beat.

Believe me it will not be an upset if Silsbee beats Carthage.

Carthage is use to playing teams with speed. There district is loaded with speed. I saw West Orange Stark earlier in the year play and Carthage will be just as good as they are.The teams in Northeast Texas have overall better team speed than in southeast Texas. Dogs win by 14.Yes I live in Southeast Texas.

This will be the Bulldogs biggest test so far.

Carthage will have to play very good football to beat Silsbee.

They will be the fastest team Carthage has played.

Man I wish I had a quarter for all the times I've heard that from the 'next' opponents' fans Carthage faced the past 6 years. And it seems the ones who talk up their teams the most is the ones Carthage beats the worst. Ironic isn't it?

With that being said, Carthage is still getting better but we have tended to be too mistake prone at times. So it's possible that the Carthage that played Palestine shows up but I doubt it. Then again they had two back-to-back fumbles versus Taylor Friday night. Execution and mistake-free football are the hallmark of State Champion football teams.

Here's a little look Mute

I believe Silsbee is on defense here vs. West-Orange Stark.

The West Orange-Stark Mustangs defeated the Silsbee Tigers, 26-12, in Silsbee on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, to claim the District 21-3A Championship.

After watching that video id feel good to be a Carthage fan...Carthage wins 49-14

Man I wish I had a quarter for all the times I've heard that from the 'next' opponents' fans Carthage faced the past 6 years. And it seems the ones who talk up their teams the most is the ones Carthage beats the worst. Ironic isn't it?

With that being said, Carthage is still getting better but we have tended to be too mistake prone at times. So it's possible that the Carthage that played Palestine shows up but I doubt it. Then again they had two back-to-back fumbles versus Taylor Friday night. Execution and mistake-free football are the hallmark of State Champion football teams.

Whatever!!

I am just giving an unbiased opinion, I have no dog in this fight & I have seen both teams play.

Someone asked for some info on Silsbee and I gave it to them..that is all.

There are no bad football teams left at this point in the playoffs, and if Carthage or Silsbee think they will blow each other out, they are wrong.

Went to Silsbee 3 or 4 years ago. Impressed with studium. they blew out some weak Houston area team and then got beat the next week by Diboll. That was then and this is now. If Carthage brings their game, they should win it. However, just as when they played Jacksonville, if they have a bunch of turnovers and penalties they can lose. I still like the Dawgs chances.

Went to Silsbee 3 or 4 years ago. Impressed with studium. they blew out some weak Houston area team and then got beat the next week by Diboll. That was then and this is now. If Carthage brings their game, they should win it. However, just as when they played Jacksonville, if they have a bunch of turnovers and penalties they can lose. I still like the Dawgs chances.

Their special teams is outstanding

They make a living on returning kickoffs and punts for td's

According to the Beaumont Enterprise, Silsbee has returned at least 5 kicks for touchdowns this season. Their leading wide receiver, Jordan Holmes, has returned 3 punts for TDs. WR Elam returned both a kickoff & a punt for TDs in the same game.

Silsbee run the spread offense.

Very good QB in Patrick Reed,

The 6'2" 175 lb. junior QB has more than 1,000 yards rushing and more than 2,000 yards passing this season. He leads the team in number of carries and rushing yardage. The 2nd leading rusher, RB Floyd Spearman, is a 6'0" 185 lb. junior who has approximately 400 yards.

Reed started 7 of Sllsbee's 11 games his sophomore year.