59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Silsbee

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage 42 Silsbee 21...............Carthage big O-Line will eventually wear down Silsbee's D-Line and lb's................Carthage will roll on the ground with about 250 yds rushing, and just enough of a passing game to keep Silsbee guessing

Stafford had success passing against Silsbee last week with 3 TD passes. Given this fact and Carthage's success throwing the ball this year - not to mention the 5 years prior to this one - why do you think Carthage will only have "just enough of a passing game to keep Silsbee guessing"?

atfer looking at silbee on film their offense and special teams worry me more than their defense,carthage has struggle at times this year putting teams away, numbrer 5 and number 7 are good and the kind of kids that will hurt you if we let them hang around i like the idea of running controling the time and game

Stafford had success passing against Silsbee last week with 3 TD passes. Given this fact and Carthage's success throwing the ball this year - not to mention the 5 years prior to this one - why do you think Carthage will only have "just enough of a passing game to keep Silsbee guessing"?

I didn't say Carthage couldn't pass.......But Coach S is like most coaches, if he is running the ball effectively, he is not going to throw it 40 times.........If Silsbee decides to roll the dice and "load" the box and put the DB's in man coverage with no safety help, then Carthage might throw it 40 times and win----but doubt Silsbee will do that the whole game

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

You need to put the crack pipe down.. West Orange Stark is better than Carthage.

You want to make a bet on that 42-0 score?

No they aren't. People have consistently had WOS ranked ahead of Carthage for the past 5 years because they usually go 9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season due to having an easy schedule every year. (Don't say they had a tough schedule this year, they didn't) Carthage is usually outside the top 5 and sometimes top 10 when playoffs start due to early season losses. Look at the number of state titles over the past 5 years. Nothing more to say other than I promise you WOS won't be winning state this year either. Consistently overrated

I didn't say Carthage couldn't pass.......But Coach S is like most coaches, if he is running the ball effectively, he is not going to throw it 40 times.........If Silsbee decides to roll the dice and "load" the box and put the DB's in man coverage with no safety help, then Carthage might throw it 40 times and win----but doubt Silsbee will do that the whole game

I hope you're correct and the Dawgs successfully run the football tomorrow night. I saw Silsbee play last week, and it appeared to me that their best defensive player is their 260-lb. nose guard, a junior who some of the Silsbee fans say will be a Division I player. He is a "hoss".

No they aren't. People have consistently had WOS ranked ahead of Carthage for the past 5 years because they usually go 9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season due to having an easy schedule every year. (Don't say they had a tough schedule this year, they didn't) Carthage is usually outside the top 5 and sometimes top 10 when playoffs start due to early season losses. Look at the number of state titles over the past 5 years. Nothing more to say other than I promise you WOS won't be winning state this year either. Consistently overrated

+1

You need to get out morerolleyes.gif

West Orange Stark has the #1 defense in the state this year and they are still playing football 3A D2

What Does That Me (#1 defense) Rankings Don't Tell It All.....Last Time I Checked Carthage Was Ranked Higher Then WOS. But Who Cares Good Luck The Rest Of The Way. OAN so on silsbee team #7 and #5 pose too be really good huh and I heard there nose guard was a good one

You need to get out morerolleyes.gif

West Orange Stark has the #1 defense in the state this year and they are still playing football 3A D2

This isn't about WOS but as long as you keep talking about them i'll put in my 2 cents. First, I see you had no comeback for my previous comment. 2nd, the stuff you keep saying about WOS is the same thing everyone says about them year in and year out and yet it never seems to matter. 3rd, they shouldn't even be allowed to be ranked when their toughest game every year is against an average Jasper team. They would NEVER go undefeated with Carthage's schedule. So keep throwing your stats out there but it really doesn't matter because in the end WOS will go home early like they do every year. They fall under the same category as Longview and Whitehouse. Talented teams that just can't win the big one.

They fall under the same category as Longview and Whitehouse. Talented teams that just can't win the big one.

Sorry, but Longview is nothing like Whitehouse in any fashion. And neither is WOS. Longview and WOS have both been to 4 State Title games. Whitehouse can't even get to the Quarters.

Good luck Carthage.

Sorry, but Longview is nothing like Whitehouse in any fashion. And neither is WOS. Longview and WOS have both been to 4 State Title games. Whitehouse can't even get to the Quarters.

Good luck Carthage.

No doubt Longview is better than both of those teams. If it wasn't for Lake Travis, they'd have back to back titles. My point wasn't to bash Longview. I just don't see how that guy can say WOS is #1 in anything until they prove it on the field, because over the past 5 years all they've been #1 at is choking in the playoffs.