Carthage vs Silsbee

Liberty

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Silsbee

Didn't take it as a bash, cause its true for both Longview and WOS. Just the insertion of Whitehouse caught me off guard when they struggle to win even one playoff game compared Longview having been in the regional round for six straight years lol.

Have no doubt Carthage will pull this one out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched video on Silsbee against Orangefield and WOS. I have seen Carthage in person. Carthage will have a size advantage on both lines against Silsbee and Carthage will probably run at will on them. I've read that Stafford ate them up passing the ball. If they aren't good at passing the ball it will be a long night for the Silsbee defense. Carthage has played against teams of Silsbee's caliber and better. I feel like Silsbee will be able to score early, but the Carthage defense will make a stop or two and force a turnover or two as well.

My prediction

Carthage 49

Silsbee 21

I've watched video on Silsbee against Orangefield and WOS. I have seen Carthage in person. Carthage will have a size advantage on both lines against Silsbee and Carthage will probably run at will on them. I've read that Stafford ate them up passing the ball. If they aren't good at passing the ball it will be a long night for the Silsbee defense. Carthage has played against teams of Silsbee's caliber and better. I feel like Silsbee will be able to score early, but the Carthage defense will make a stop or two and force a turnover or two as well.

My prediction

Carthage 49

Silsbee 21

I've seen both Carthage and Silsbee play, and I think your analysis is right on the money. The wild card is turnovers, as it almost always is when two quality teams meet. If the Dawgs turn the ball over tonight as much as they did against Jacksonville and Palestine, the result might be as unfortunate for them as it was against the former and almost was against the latter.

BTW, despite the success Stafford had throwing the ball last week, they didn't have a sophisticated passing game. Their 3 TD passes came from 3 different players, and they only threw 10 times in the game. Given the sophistication of the Dawgs' passing game and their likelihood to throw 20+ times a game...you get the picture.

<br/><br/><br/>

2 of those TD passes were against Silsbee's 2nd team defense in the 4th qtr.

Silsbee already called off the Dogs in the 4th qtr.

Stafford was 9 of 10 passing for approximately 180 yards. Although it didn't look to me like much of that came against 2nd-team Tigers, I'll concede that you're probably a lot more familiar with the players than I am.

Well, Bobby McGallon has one big time win against the Bulldogs, when they were supposed to be so great. About 1994 when he was at Navasota. Knocked the # 4 Bulldogs out of the playoffs that year in the first round. Maybe time for a repeat.

Back when Carthage's offensive playbook looked like the play select screen from Tecmo Bowl....I can assure you, the talent is still there and the coaching has gotten a lot better....

Praying for no injuries and safe travels!

Go Dawgs!

Back when Carthage's offensive playbook looked like the play select screen from Tecmo Bowl....I can assure you, the talent is still there and the coaching has gotten a lot better....

Go Dawgs!

+1

If Surratt was here back then, there's no telling how many state titles we'd have. Our coaching back then was a joke. If anyone thinks what happened in 1994 will have anything to do with tonight, you are a fool. Carthage by 14

Go Dawgs!

LOL. ROFL. This is the best post and analogy I've ever seen.

I hope you're correct and the Dawgs successfully run the football tomorrow night. I saw Silsbee play last week, and it appeared to me that their best defensive player is their 260-lb. nose guard, a junior who some of the Silsbee fans say will be a Division I player. He is a "hoss".

Bev..........sorry, I was wrong..............said the score would be 42-21 and said the Dogs would rush for about 250..........but it was 50-21 and 312 yds rushing

Sorry guys I wasn't keeping count of the turnovers. It's just seems like I remember the turnovers easier when a team don't get in the endzone near as much as their opponent. But now that I look back on it, Carthage did seem to have quite a few them selves. This game could of been a lot more of a blowout then it already was.

My prediction

Carthage 49

Silsbee 21

1 pt off

The 2 pt conversion got you!!! That is where you are pt off!

The 2 pt conversion got you!!! That is where you are pt off!

From what I saw, the Dawgs should have lined up and run for 2 points after every TD.