Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Provost Umphrey stadium

Beaumont, Texas

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=339

IF Stephenville runs roughshod over Kilgore, Carthage may very well lose to the 2nd largest school NOW in 3A as well. But I think El Campo is another Silsbee for Carthage.

Problem for Carthage now is they keep shooting themselves in the foot on offense, turning the ball over 2-3 times per game, totally UNCHARACTERISTIC of previous Scott Surrat Teams.

I personally don't think they can afford ONE turnover against a team like Stephenville if they want that fourth state title in 5 years.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provost Umphrey stadium

Beaumont, Texas

IF Stephenville runs roughshod over Kilgore, Carthage may very well lose to the 2nd largest school NOW in 3A as well. But I think El Campo is another Silsbee for Carthage.

Problem for Carthage now is they keep shooting themselves in the foot on offense, turning the ball over 2-3 times per game, totally UNCHARACTERISTIC of previous Scott Surrat Teams.

I personally don't think they can afford ONE turnover against a team like Stephenville if they want that fourth state title in 5 years.

If We Kill The Turnovers We Got It, but I think we did good had 4 turnovers and won like that....but you are totally right can't win a ring like that....

Carthage really got a break this year going big school as West Columbia-Navasota-and LaMarque all went small school division..not to say they may not have won all these but have a much easier route.

Navasota and Stephenville are the two 3a schools I pick to win it all this year, with no disrespect to Kilgore and Carthage who I will be pulling for--not to mention Henderson-Gilmer....but who knows and that is why they play the game...Henderson; Kilgore; and Gilmer certainly know how to win.........going to be interesting..

Sorry folks ya'll are all playing second fiddle to Stephenville, they just put 60 on Abilene Wiley! Elcampo is a joke!

No need to apologize, we hear that stuff every year. In 08 Gilmer was supposed to beat us. 2 years ago Brownwood was supposed to embarass us. People can talk all they want, we'll just keep winning. Wylie was overrated, btw

No need to apologize, we hear that stuff every year. In 08 Gilmer was supposed to beat us. 2 years ago Brownwood was supposed to embarass us. People can talk all they want, we'll just keep winning. Wylie was overrated, btw

I am not trying to start anything, but the last 3 threads I have read, you are talking mess like you are the greatest thing to ever walk the earth. Ok, so your town has a few State Titles... what did you do to help that happen? Buy a few tickets? Congratulations.

I am not trying to start anything, but the last 3 threads I have read, you are talking mess like you are the greatest thing to ever walk the earth. Ok, so your town has a few State Titles... what did you do to help that happen? Buy a few tickets? Congratulations.

Well I Played On The First State Team I Was the FS #21

I have all 3 state rings. Started all 16 games the 3rd year, and 4 the 2nd year. On jv the first year. So no, I didn't buy tickets. Why are you even on this website? Marshall football is a joke. That's why you have to get on the Carthage thread and talk ####, because Marshall doesn't play football this time of year.

Best way to start "anything", start a post with "I am not trying to start anything, but..."

Lol

I have all 3 state rings. Started all 16 games the 3rd year, and 4 the 2nd year. On jv the first year. So no, I didn't buy tickets. Why are you even on this website? Marshall football is a joke. That's why you have to get on the Carthage thread and talk ####, because Marshall doesn't play football this time of year.

Your team of midgets had to come to Marshall to eat your pregame meals. You are trolling Longview threads and other threads that have nothing to do with your population of 666 7. Did you know that Carthage has one of the highest rates of mental illness in the State of Texas per population? I believe you are nothing but another arrogant apple that fell off the crazy tree. Anyways, good luck (as a fan) cheering your old school to state.

Your team of midgets had to come to Marshall to eat your pregame meals. You are trolling Longview threads and other threads that have nothing to do with your population of 666 7. Did you know that Carthage has one of the highest rates of mental illness in the State of Texas per population? I believe you are nothing but another arrogant apple that fell off the crazy tree. Anyways, good luck (as a fan) cheering your old school to state.

Midgets? Obviously you're blind, or possibly just ignorant, my guess is probably both.

Because being a Marshall fan commenting on a Carthage El campo thread downing our town isn't trolling?

What exactly is your point about the mental illness statistic? Mental illness is not something that is funny nor should it be made a joke.

How old are you exactly? Because I'm pretty sure you need to grow up. Now, go back to cheering on Marshall, (as a fan) as they continue to accomplish nothing.

Provost Umphrey stadium

Beaumont, Texas

All the best from Argyle moving forward DawgDaze! Yet another fine year for Carthage!

Team of midgets? You obviously saw the wrong team. And you shouldn't be talking about Carthage. If we played Marshall the back ups would be in before halftime. Marshall is terrible.

El Campo Ricebirds (13-0) statistics from the Houston Chronicle website:

Offense:

Yards rushing per game - 354

Yards passing per game - 56

Total yards per game - 410

Points per game - 39.5

Defense:

Yards rushing allowed per game - 99

Yards passing allowed per game - 133

Total yards allowed per game - 231

Points allowed per game - 14.3

Offensive leaders:

Rushing:

Jack Davis - 128 carries / 1,347 yards / 10.52 yards per carry / 16 TDs

Montray Johnson - 166 carries / 1,167 yards / 7.03 yards per carry / 14 TDs

Bryce Brandle - 137 carries / 1,133 yards / 8.27 yards per carry / 17 TDs

Passing:

Bryce Brandle - 41 completions / 80 attempts / 51% / 724 yards / 4 TDs / 3 INTs

Receiving:

Cole Hunt - 13 catches / 304 yards / 23 yards per catch / 3 TDs

Jack Davis - 13 catches / 209 yards / 16 yards per catch / 0 TDs

Team of midgets? You obviously saw the wrong team. And you shouldn't be talking about Carthage. If we played Marshall the back ups would be in before halftime. Marshall is terrible.

You could probably beat Longview too (sarcasm). And I wasn't referring to this year's team, because if you can read, I live nowhere close to East Texas anymore. your 1st state championship team was full of 5'8 230lb lineman. Nothing wrong with that, hell... you won State in 3A against some really great teams. And I would hope that your team of upperclassmen could beat a team with a freshman QB and about 15 other starters that had 0 varsity experience. Marshall was terrible this year, and last year, but no more terrible than you were in the history that I recall. Remember, history is rich is some of these town threads you troll and boast about Carthage. Much more rich than your past. Live in your recent history, it is all you kids know. I really hope that Carthage builds a legacy. But boasting about it in other people's threads about how great you are and rubbing it in another school's loss is classless and definitely not as childish as me calling you out for it. Good day, you probably wont see my name again in a Carthage thread unless it is to congratulate you on a State Championship.

You could probably beat Longview too (sarcasm). And I wasn't referring to this year's team, because if you can read, I live nowhere close to East Texas anymore. your 1st state championship team was full of 5'8 230lb lineman. Nothing wrong with that, hell... you won State in 3A against some really great teams. And I would hope that your team of upperclassmen could beat a team with a freshman QB and about 15 other starters that had 0 varsity experience. Marshall was terrible this year, and last year, but no more terrible than you were in the history that I recall. Remember, history is rich is some of these town threads you troll and boast about Carthage. Much more rich than your past. Live in your recent history, it is all you kids know. I really hope that Carthage builds a legacy. But boasting about it in other people's threads about how great you are and rubbing it in another school's loss is classless and definitely not as childish as me calling you out for it. Good day, you probably wont see my name again in a Carthage thread unless it is to congratulate you on a State Championship.

referring to your statement about the size of lineman...maybe u need a program from that yr..Cutter Clinton, Bingo etc were some big boys...i like their chances lined up against you in a 3 point stance.

Can't tell you how much I love to here carthage has no chance against the WORLD. #### being on top DAWGS. But I would rather be on top with no shot than sitting at home. Carthage roles this week and plays Kilgore for an all East Texas final. Thats right poor Stephenville goes down to Kilgore. DAWGS vs DAWGS