DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be a good one for Carthage's 2 stud defensive linemen to shine-------playing a team that hates to throw it, and loves to run it............El Campo will be hoping for a real windy night in Beaumont

windy night---------Carthage 24 El Campo 14

calm night----------Carthage 49 El Campo 21

You could probably beat Longview too (sarcasm). And I wasn't referring to this year's team, because if you can read, I live nowhere close to East Texas anymore. your 1st state championship team was full of 5'8 230lb lineman. Nothing wrong with that, hell... you won State in 3A against some really great teams. And I would hope that your team of upperclassmen could beat a team with a freshman QB and about 15 other starters that had 0 varsity experience. Marshall was terrible this year, and last year, but no more terrible than you were in the history that I recall. Remember, history is rich is some of these town threads you troll and boast about Carthage. Much more rich than your past. Live in your recent history, it is all you kids know. I really hope that Carthage builds a legacy. But boasting about it in other people's threads about how great you are and rubbing it in another school's loss is classless and definitely not as childish as me calling you out for it. Good day, you probably wont see my name again in a Carthage thread unless it is to congratulate you on a State Championship.

Like I said, you're trolling on a Carthage thread. I understand that you're probably jealous of Carthage, but there's no need to come on this thread and try to degrade our town. If he was on another thread saying classless stuff, go on there and correct him, but don't come over to the Carthage thread spewing off random information that isn't correct. It makes you look like a fool.

Gotta congradulate the Bulldogs on getting this far, and will go see you guys when you make it to Jerry's world.

Believe in Coach Surratt. He has been a winner since he played in Linden to now, and he always will be. I've known him since his dad coached little league baseball in Linden. (Cardinals) You folks have a good one.

Bulldogs put this one away early

El Campo will be a lot better than what people think. They are well coached just like Carthage. The one advantage that Carthage will have is the heigth at receiver.

That may be an advantage, but it isn't the biggest. talent will be the biggest. El Campo runs the ball alot because they know they lack in the passing game. Carthage will pin their ears back and flood the backfield. When they start throwing the ball it will be under heavy pressure and the turnovers will come..

Carthage wins this one 42-14.

We had a debate a few weeks ago regarding El Campo and the quality of their district. It was said that El Campo and no team in their district could make the playoffs if they were in the district with Carthage, Center, and Jasper. El Campo is undefeated and in the semi-final with Carthage and the runner up (Bellville) is playing in the 3A region 4 championship. I believe it is safe to say that both are significantly better than Jasper and Center who were eliminated quickly. We will find out about Carthage vs El Campo on Friday night. There will not be any debate after Friday.

We had a debate a few weeks ago regarding El Campo and the quality of their district. It was said that El Campo and no team in their district could make the playoffs if they were in the district with Carthage, Center, and Jasper. El Campo is undefeated and in the semi-final with Carthage and the runner up (Bellville) is playing in the 3A region 4 championship. I believe it is safe to say that both are significantly better than Jasper and Center who were eliminated quickly. We will find out about Carthage vs El Campo on Friday night. There will not be any debate after Friday.

The debate isn't over just yet..............Jasper had 3 losses on the year-------to Carthage, to Navasota(13-0), and to West-Orange Stark(13-0)........if Bellville wins this week and next week, and El Campo beats Carthage, then you are correct............otherwise, who knows for sure

Who has el campo even played that has a pulse?

We went through this a few weeks ago. They beat 4A district champion (Foster), Bellville who is playing in the region 4 championship, Wharton who was defeated in the 2nd round, Waller and Rudder (mediocre 4As), Sealy. They are now in the 3A State semi-final against Carthage with a 13-0 record. Wharton, Bellville, Foster, and Sealy all have a pulse along with all of the teams they beat in the playoffs (LaGrange, Somerset, Ingleside).

This game is going to be a blow out. Therefore I see no need to argue with you again. You are right, there will be no debate after Friday. Carthage by at least 4 touchdowns

From pre-season Dave Campbell's 2012 Texas Football:

2011: 7-4 4A DII bi-district finalist/4-2 District 23-4A. Starters returning Offense/Defense: 5/5.

Players to watch: TE Cole Hunt (6-7, 235, 4.7), T Trey Martin (6-3, 260, 4.9), FB Montray Johnson (5-9, 200, 4.7). Top juniors: RB Bobby Joe Flagg, (6-1, 210, 4.7), C/OT Zeke Tsika (6-1, 225, 4.8).

2012 notes: El Campo is blessed with size up front in the form of TE Hunt (15-312, 2 TDs receiving in 2011), whom Coach Bob Gillis called a very good receiver and blocker, and T Martin. Tsika will transition into an OT position after starting at C last year. FB Johnson (160-922, 12 TDs rushing in 2011) is a tough runner, Gillis said...As usual, this team should be physical and well-coached.

The magazine included TE Hunt in its 2012 Texas Top 300 Recruits. He was the only 3A player listed among the top 10 tight ends. My understanding is that he and Martin have both verbally committed to play their college football at Rice.

From pre-season

The magazine included TE Hunt in its 2012 Texas Top 300 Recruits. He was the only 3A player listed among the top 10 tight ends. My understanding is that he and Martin have both verbally committed to play their college football at Rice.

By what you understand does this imply they are really smart & want to play a little football on the side????

Is Rice the only D1 school offering???

By what you understand does this imply they are really smart & want to play a little football on the side????

Is Rice the only D1 school offering???

To my knowledge, the last team the Dawgs played that had two players who had already committed to play college football at Rice was the only team to which a Scott Surratt-coached Carthage squad has ever lost a district game - last year's Gilmer Buckeyes.

Got a buddy thats a coach @ Ingleside. ( Lost to Elcampo last night) This is what he told me."I'd be very surprised and upset if carthage doesn't beat El Campo. We played them tough all 4 quarters ..."

El Campo led Ingleside by only 3 points (17-14) going into the 4th quarter.

Although they have won a lot of football games in recent years, El Campo hasn't been this far in the playoffs in 45 years.

Although they have won a lot of football games in recent years, El Campo hasn't been this far in the playoffs in 45 years.

Yea them making it this far isn't saying much. There's probably over 20 3A schools that could've made it through region 4 in 3A D1. Very weak

How many points did Carthage lead Palestine by? Did Taylor have a losing record? How far had Henderson been in the playoffs before they dropped to 3A? How far did Henderson go the year they dropped to 3A?