DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 4 is always weak. Especially Wimberly, Sealy, Cuero, Refugio, Hempstead, Lexington, Cameron Yoe and Rogers.

One can argue about the strength of Region 4, but it would be hard to argue that El Campo had a tough schedule this year. Six of the Ricebird's ten regular-season games were against teams that finished their seasons with losing records. These included Bay City & Needville (both 0-10) & Brookshire Royal (1-9). The 1-win team had 245 yards passing against the semi-finalists.

One can argue about the strength of Region 4, but it would be hard to argue that El Campo had a tough schedule this year. Six of the Ricebird's ten regular-season games were against teams that finished their seasons with losing records. These included Bay City & Needville (both 0-10) & Brookshire Royal (1-9). The 1-win team had 245 yards passing against the semi-finalists.

I am sure that you are aware that Carthage had only 2 wins against teams with a winning record in the regular season? So according to your logic, El Campo has more quality wins than Carthage. Carthage has only beat 4 teams all year (including the playoffs) with winning records.

I am sure that you are aware that Carthage had only 2 wins against teams with a winning record in the regular season? So according to your logic, El Campo has more quality wins than Carthage. Carthage has only beat 4 teams all year (including the playoffs) with winning records.

Well it'll be 5 after friday

To my knowledge, the last team the Dawgs played that had two players who had already committed to play college football at Rice was the only team to which a Scott Surratt-coached Carthage squad has ever lost a district game - last year's Gilmer Buckeyes.

Geez, that is not a real good stat.

You know when Humber played baseball there, it was for both reasons... He was smart & an outstanding baseball program. I just don't think of Rice as a powerhouse in football. However, to each his own, and for these kids obviously it is smart choice, so good job!

Just talking smack like Carthage. That's about the respect that's been given to El Campo.

;)

Well no, the difference is Carthage plays them this week. We're not skipping forward a week like you did. And trust me, go look up el campo players and fans on twitter, they're giving Carthage no credit whatsoever, they just haven't found their way to this board.

Well no, the difference is Carthage plays them this week. We're not skipping forward a week like you did. And trust me, go look up el campo players and fans on twitter, they're giving Carthage no credit whatsoever, they just haven't found their way to this board.

Just ribbing a little. I know Carthage has a strong team as does El Campo.

Good luck to both!

Stephenville has to take care of business as usual this week and hopefully set up a Stephenville/Carthage final!

You may be correct. What were the records of Chapel Hill, the defending state champions, and Rusk?

The Dawgs' losses, both of which were by a few points, were to 4A playoff teams. One of them, Whitehouse, won their 1st round playoff game.

For all y'all that's saying ec is going get blew out,just come to the game and watch them birds D

First off, welcome to board. As for the your defense. They have never faced an offense this good. If you guys somehow get 2 tds behind the game is over.

Don't know what you smoking but Stephenville better worry about Kilgore and that defense that's going to bring the hammer. East Texas Bowl. Carthage Vs. Kilgore

I'm not saying Stephenville will "blow out" Kilgore by any means... but from the film I've seen on them... Kilgore is going to have a very tough time holding Stephenville out of the endzone. Kilgore's offense will be able to move the ball but will it be enough? If this game is close at halftime, Stephenville wins big. If Kilgore is ahead at halftime, then it'll come down to the last quarter.

Back to Carthage and El Campo. Good luck to both. May the best team win.

I'm not saying Stephenville will "blow out" Kilgore by any means... but from the film I've seen on them... Kilgore is going to have a very tough time holding Stephenville out of the endzone. Kilgore's offense will be able to move the ball but will it be enough? If this game is close at halftime, Stephenville wins big. If Kilgore is ahead at halftime, then it'll come down to the last quarter.

Back to Carthage and El Campo. Good luck to both. May the best team win.

Yea I hate to say it, because I'm pulling for an all east Texas final, but Kilgore is overrated. I was at the Kilgore/Gilmer game and my first thought when the game was over was "I hope they make it to State, because I know we can beat them." Not impressive at all. Kilgore is way bigger than Gilmer and yet Gilmer beat them up all night. Thier offense was horrible. Qb was selfish and ran when he had wide open recievers. Carthage has the speed Gilmer has and we're bigger than Kilgore. With that said, I stick to what I said 4 weeks ago. Stephenville over Kilgore, and Carthage over El Campo. Although I'm pulling for Kilgore!

Yea I hate to say it, because I'm pulling for an all east Texas final, but Kilgore is overrated. I was at the Kilgore/Gilmer game and my first thought when the game was over was "I hope they make it to State, because I know we can beat them." Not impressive at all. Kilgore is way bigger than Gilmer and yet Gilmer beat them up all night. Thier offense was horrible. Qb was selfish and ran when he had wide open recievers. Carthage has the speed Gilmer has and we're bigger than Kilgore. With that said, I stick to what I said 4 weeks ago. Stephenville over Kilgore, and Carthage over El Campo. Although I'm pulling for Kilgore!

So, are you saying your retracting your prediction you gave on the Kilgore/Stephenville thread on page 3?

From lunch-time reading:

El Campo QB Bryce Brandl has more impreesive rushing statisitics than Silsbee QB Patrick Reed:

Brandl - 137 carries - 1,133 yards - 8.27 yards per carry - 17 TDs

Reed - 141 carries - 1,087 yards - 7.71 yards per carry - 7 TDs

El Campo has thrown 4 passes in each of its 3 playoff games (compared to over 6 passes a game during the regular season). In the first one, a 35-21 win over LaGrange, the Ricebirds didn't complete a pass. That was the second game this season in which the semi-finalist had zero completions.

The Ricebirds' average yards per carry has increased during the playoffs. The regular season average was 7.6. Over the last 3 games, the average has been 8.2.

El Campo's second round opponent was the Somerset Bulldogs. Their QB threw for more than 200 yards and 2 TDs in a losing effort. He has a familiar name: Koy Detmer, Jr.

You're entitled to your opinion, but generally if a team is still playing football on December 7th that means they're not overrated.

I think they are good, but not great. I think Carthage, Stephenville, Navasota, and Gilmer are better. I will gladly admit I was wrong if they beat Stephenville friday