Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

<br/><br/><br/>

Here we go again. We won a playoff game by 3 points and that takes away our powerhouse reputation. Doesn't make sense at all. If you didn't see they game I wouldn't talk. You're just looking at a box score. Besides Palestine was a district champ.

Ok there's really no point to ur comment because EC is a district champ as well. Matter of fact we are bi-district, area, and region 4 champs so what was ur point again? And Carthage is trying to take away from us what a remarkable season we are having thus far. Credit must be given to our squad!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok there's really no point to ur comment because EC is a district champ as well. Matter of fact we are bi-district, area, and region 4 champs so what was ur point again? And Carthage is trying to take away from us what a remarkable season we are having thus far. Credit must be given to our squad!

It will be. I'm sure after we win Friday the announcer will congradulate El Campo on a great season. That's how it usually goes.

You may be correct. What were the records of Chapel Hill, the defending state champions, and Rusk?

The Dawgs' losses, both of which were by a few points, were to 4A playoff teams. One of them, Whitehouse, won their 1st round playoff game.

And El Campo beat three 4A teams, one of which was a district champion. So again, Carthage lost to two 4A playoff teams and El Campo beat a 4A playoff team. What are you trying to illustrate?

Because Carthage has the best front 7 in 3A. No way El Campo has success running the ball against Carthage. Like I said earlier, this is a terrible match up for yall. El Campo isn't averaging 8.2 yards per carry this Friday.

How many yards did KJ Garrett have on you? What about Jasper? Did you shut their run game down? Whitehouse and Jacksonville moved the ball at will. I am not sure where you get this dominating run defense idea from.

Because Carthage has the best front 7 in 3A. No way El Campo has success running the ball against Carthage. Like I said earlier, this is a terrible match up for yall. El Campo isn't averaging 8.2 yards per carry this Friday.

How many yards did KJ Garrett have on you? What about Jasper? Did you shut their run game down? Whitehouse and Jacksonville moved the ball at will. I am not sure where you get this dominating run defense idea from.

I'm not sure why your resorting to past games. Carthage always plays bad at the start of the season. I don't even know who KJ Garrett is, but we shut down Silsbee last week and thier qb was supossed to torch us. Carthage is peaking late in the playoffs like every year. Keep talkin all you want, but deep down you know Carthage is going to win and it won't even be close.

Yeah we didn't win a state title as a 4a team but neither did Carthage. Yeah yeah you have 3 titles in 3a which is great no one is taking that away but now we are in 3a too and we will be state champs as well. Quit acting like this team is so invincible cause no one is. This game could go either way Friday.

Well let's just hope Carthage is as less prepared as they were against Palestine. Claiming you are such a powerhouse huh? You barely beat them by 3. And I'm sure you were all running your mouths on that game too. Too bad they didn't win cause then we wouldn't have to deal with y'all running your mouths. Starting to sound like the Dallas Cowboys fans bringing up old championships and what not. Nothing before Friday matters. So quit acting like Al Bundy clinching ur football and remembering the past.

I think you seriously have "little man complex". Sheesh. Get a grip dude. This is a forum for public opinion. We can do all the trash talking we want. Just like El Campo PLAYERS are on social media sites talking about Carthage like they're nothing! Maybe u should go get a grip on them, or is it ok for them to trash talk and belittle us, but as soon as we do it we're classless?

By the way, nothing before Friday matters huh? So your undefeated record? Eh, throw that out. Stats? Forget about em! Carthage lost to two 4a teams while you beat 4a teams? Who cares!

So take your own advice and quit bringing up the past if it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure why your resorting to past games. Carthage always plays bad at the start of the season. I don't even know who KJ Garrett is, but we shut down Silsbee last week and thier qb was supossed to torch us. Carthage is peaking late in the playoffs like every year. Keep talkin all you want, but deep down you know Carthage is going to win and it won't even be close.

I thought you had some knowledge about Carthage, I guess you have not watched all of their games. Garrett is from Center. How many yards did he have? Did you shut him down? You may have finally played a good game aginst Silsbee which is really your only impressive win but running teams have given you problems all year.

I thought you had some knowledge about Carthage, I guess you have not watched all of their games. Garrett is from Center. How many yards did he have? Did you shut him down? You may have finally played a good game aginst Silsbee which is really your only impressive win but running teams have given you problems all year.

I assume you've been and watched Carthage all season?

Every game in the regular season except Jacksonville, no playoff games.

Then you should know KJ had how many yards against us?

149. He had 83 yards on 10 carries after Golden left, but only 66 yards on 23 carries with Golden in the game. So he was averaging what? 2.8 yards a carry? Wasnt exactly running all over our defense.

Then you should know KJ had how many yards against us?

149. He had 83 yards on 10 carries after Golden left, but only 66 yards on 23 carries with Golden in the game. So he was averaging what? 2.8 yards a carry? Wasnt exactly running all over our defense.

Is that Carthage math? I dont think they played Golden, they played Carthage. My calculator says 4.5 yards a carry. I guess that you think holding him to 149 yards is a shut out performance but most places consider that success running the ball.

Okay You Talking About How Many Yards He Had,Correct Me If I'm Wrong But Our RB Tevin Pipkin Had More Yard Then The Center RB,..... Question How will Y'all Stop Our Running Game? How Will Y'all Stop Our Passing Attack With The Young Stud We Have At QB? How... I Haven't Seen Nothing About Y'all Defense ... Wait Till BIGG #99 Get On Y'all Tail

Is that Carthage math? I dont think they played Golden, they played Carthage. My calculator says 4.5 yards a carry. I guess that you think holding him to 149 yards is a shut out performance but most places consider that success running the ball.

No genius. Simply stating that he had virtually 3 yards a carry with our key defensive guy in. Well, obviously that successful 149 yards wasn't enough to win against us so, looks like it'll take a bit more than that to get the job done.

And where are you from?

No genius. Simply stating that he had virtually 3 yards a carry with our key defensive guy in. Well, obviously that successful 149 yards wasn't enough to win against us so, looks like it'll take a bit more than that to get the job done.

It may take more than that to win but the intent was to point out the fallacy of the previous declaration that Carthage has a lock down run defense. The facts do not lend to that anymore than they do to Carthage having a tougher schedule than El Campo or Region 4 being weak.

It may take more than that to win but the intent was to point out the fallacy of the previous declaration that Carthage has a lock down run defense. The facts do not lend to that anymore than they do to Carthage having a tougher schedule than El Campo or Region 4 being weak.

Okay, so what's your point? El Campo can run the ball. Ok. They only threw for 69 last week. So defend the run. Our QB in the Center game alone had 200 yards passing. Tevin had 218 rushing. I don't think we have a lock down run defense. But it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier to try to defend the run and make EC get into passing situations than its going to be for their defense to try to stop our passing/run attack.

Okay, so what's your point? El Campo can run the ball. Ok. They only threw for 69 last week. So defend the run. Our QB in the Center game alone had 200 yards passing. Tevin had 218 rushing. I don't think we have a lock down run defense. But it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier to try to defend the run and make EC get into passing situations than its going to be for their defense to try to stop our passing/run attack.

say it again, and I still haven't heard Nothing about they defense lol hahahahaha those suckas the gone learn today (in my Kevin hart voice)

Carthage has problems with running QB's in the spread but not power running. I have looked at EC schedule not a bad schedule hay to be undefeated at this point is great. Just to let EC know we never had more than 1050 kids at carthage when we where 4a. It was tough then and we still made the playoffs every year. Now we have better coaching since our move to 3a that's the difference. Talent has always been at Carthage. EC fans on here have given us no credit for our résumé and let's face it that's all either team has because we have never played. I will take 3 state titles in 4 years and 5 district titles out of 6 versus we beat x amount of 4a teams. I would just stop now insert my foot and hop away. EC may win (I doubt it ) but with no hard resume for your success stop writing checks that you can't cash.

I love this good ole smack talk. I've been quite entertained getting caught up reading over the last 3 pages. All these EC people who think they'll roll Carthage. Not gonna guess a score. But I'm takin Carthage to make it back to Jerry's house! Good luck to both teams this Friday! It's slowly getting here!

say it again, and I still haven't heard Nothing about they defense lol hahahahaha those suckas the gone learn today (in my Kevin hart voice)

It is Cathage fans on here being silly. Carthage fans claim they had a tougher schedule even though they only beat two teams with a winning record. Carthage believes that the teams of the past will win this game. Carthage believes Region 4 is weak. El Campo's district is weak even though it has been acknowledged by publications as being the second toughest behind 16. Carthage believes they have a lock down run defense even though they have been run on throughout the season. Carthage now believes that is only running QBs that give them trouble even though teams without running QBs (Center) ran all over them. I have never said who would win this game, only that El Campo is good and the best team Carthage has played this year.

It is Cathage fans on here being silly. Carthage fans claim they had a tougher schedule even though they only beat two teams with a winning record. Carthage believes that the teams of the past will win this game. Carthage believes Region 4 is weak. El Campo's district is weak even though it has been acknowledged by publications as being the second toughest behind 16. Carthage believes they have a lock down run defense even though they have been run on throughout the season. Carthage now believes that is only running QBs that give them trouble even though teams without running QBs (Center) ran all over them. I have never said who would win this game, only that El Campo is good and the best team Carthage has played this year.

Lmao I never said any of those things and I sure didnt say running QBs are the only thing that gives us trouble. I said its going to be easier to defend a one dimensional team than it is for them to defend us.

Since you are so stuck on the Center game, let me give u a few stats, Carthage had 252 yards rushing in 38 attempts while Center had 247 in 45. We had 200 passing yards in 14 completions while Center had 74 in 10.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I still don't get your point. Yes, they can run. Okay, they've had a tough district. But Carthage is no stranger to tough districts, yeah, we got moved to an easier district but we won state in the District of doom.

And no, I'm not saying the teams from years past will win the game Friday. I'm saying we won those titles because of the players and their talent yes, but a lot of it has to do with Coaching.

What else I'm confused on, you say you haven't said who you think will win, but yet you're so set on trying to down Carthage. If you went to all the games you said you did, why? If they have a weak district, blah blah, why take time out to watch them just to get on here the game before state and try to discredit them?