Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

El Campo has not played a tougher playoff schedule. Silsbee and Palestine are just as good, if not better than El Campo. I can't wait for Friday night! You people have no clue what's about to hit your boys in the mouth. Carthage is on another level. El Campo will realize after Friday night they aren't quite as physical as they think. There is absolutely no way thier offense will work against Carthage. This is a horrible matchup for El Campo. No way the wing t or whatever they run will work against Isaiah, Mario, Trent, and the rest of the front 7. El Campo won't have 200 total yards in this game.

Come on are your really ready to stand behind that statement. Sillsbee didn't seam to have much trouble moving the ball. Especially when they got a short field on those stupid pooch kicks. Carthage also turned the ball over alot in that game.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao I never said any of those things and I sure didnt say running QBs are the only thing that gives us trouble. I said its going to be easier to defend a one dimensional team than it is for them to defend us.

Since you are so stuck on the Center game, let me give u a few stats, Carthage had 252 yards rushing in 38 attempts while Center had 247 in 45. We had 200 passing yards in 14 completions while Center had 74 in 10.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I still don't get your point. Yes, they can run. Okay, they've had a tough district. But Carthage is no stranger to tough districts, yeah, we got moved to an easier district but we won state in the District of doom.

And no, I'm not saying the teams from years past will win the game Friday. I'm saying we won those titles because of the players and their talent yes, but a lot of it has to do with Coaching.

What else I'm confused on, you say you haven't said who you think will win, but yet you're so set on trying to down Carthage. If you went to all the games you said you did, why? If they have a weak district, blah blah, why take time out to watch them just to get on here the game before state and try to discredit them?

He won't say his prediction because he knows Carthage is going to win, but he wants El Campo to win. I don't take anything he says seriously, because of that. No confidence. Id be talkin #### for Carthage if we were playing an NFL team.

Come on are your really ready to stand behind that statement. Sillsbee didn't seam to have much trouble moving the ball. Especially when they got a short field on those stupid pooch kicks. Carthage also turned the ball over alot in that game.

Say what you want but the score was 50-21 and we had 4 turnovers. Coulda been a lot worse.

We out gained Silsbee 493-243.

Carthage’s defense shut down Silsbee QB who entered the game with more than 2,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards. He was 11 of 23 for 123 yards and was limited to 55 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries. Spearman ran six times for 25 yards and two scores, but Carthage held Silsbee to 105 yards on 29 rushes.

So, no I think they had a bit of trouble moving the ball.

He won't say his prediction because he knows Carthage is going to win, but he wants El Campo to win. I don't take anything he says seriously, because of that. No confidence. Id be talkin #### for Carthage if we were playing an NFL team.

Lol I said that over on the Silsbee board last week. Because I said I thought we would win and they called me cocky.

i feel this game could get out of hand quick, the carthage defense is playing well and i feel el campo will have to match us score for score and dont see the offense doing that i think silbee is a better team than this one

carthage 35

el campo 7

halftime

the 2's come in and score 14 more

carthage 49

el campo 14

final

If you went to all the games you said you did, why?

The only reason I can think of to have gone to the Huntington game was to see if the Dawgs were going to tie a world's record. And they did - fewest 1st downs allowed in a game (0).

From the El Campo Leader News:

El Campo has fired on all cylinders in the first half of each playoff game as it has scored at least 30 points or more before halftime.

How important will it be for the Ricebirds to come out of the gates early against Carthage?

"We really hope to do that and score often,' (El Campo coach Bob) Gillis said. "They are really good and our goal is to focus on making first downs."

"They do different things than what we have seen all season," ...Gillis said.

Ricebird fans will flock to Beaumont in full force.

The Ricebird Booster Club already has three charter busses for fans with a fourth one nearly booked.

And, Eddie Moreno from the El Campo Bowling Center has two busses ready to go with a third ready if needed.

That is what high school football is all about. Towns rallying behind their teams.

Especially at the Class 3A level.

Like Gillis told the El Campo Rotary Club a few weeks into the season, this year will be different because they will be playing towns and not just schools.

And this town seems poised for a history-making run.

Silsbee ran a spread offense. I believe he is referring to the style of offense. Knowing you can stack the box and load up on the run as opposed to looking pass first will make a difference. When Carthage played Coldspring in 2010, they were able to move the ball, but couldn't get the big play and it eventually took its toll on them...

El Campo's defense will be the key to this game I think...

Silsbee ran a spread offense. I believe he is referring to the style of offense. Knowing you can stack the box and load up on the run as opposed to looking pass first will make a difference. When Carthage played Coldspring in 2010, they were able to move the ball, but couldn't get the big play and it eventually took its toll on them...

El Campo's defense will be the key to this game I think...

True, But From What I Heard Our Recievers Should Have No Problem Getting Open. All I Have Read On Here Is How Good There Offense Is But Yet Nothing About Defense .... If u want to beat a Great Team Gotta Play D.....c'mon man

From the El Campo Leader News:

El Campo has fired on all cylinders in the first half of each playoff game as it has scored at least 30 points or more before halftime.

How important will it be for the Ricebirds to come out of the gates early against Carthage?

"We really hope to do that and score often,' (El Campo coach Bob) Gillis said. "They are really good and our goal is to focus on making first downs."

"They do different things than what we have seen all season," ...Gillis said.

Ricebird fans will flock to Beaumont in full force.

The Ricebird Booster Club already has three charter busses for fans with a fourth one nearly booked.

And, Eddie Moreno from the El Campo Bowling Center has two busses ready to go with a third ready if needed.

That is what high school football is all about. Towns rallying behind their teams.

Especially at the Class 3A level.

Like Gillis told the El Campo Rotary Club a few weeks into the season, this year will be different because they will be playing towns and not just schools.

And this town seems poised for a history-making run.

I find that quote by their coach interesting. You can almost bet he's voice was cracking when he said that. Lol!

Lmao I never said any of those things and I sure didnt say running QBs are the only thing that gives us trouble. I said its going to be easier to defend a one dimensional team than it is for them to defend us.

Since you are so stuck on the Center game, let me give u a few stats, Carthage had 252 yards rushing in 38 attempts while Center had 247 in 45. We had 200 passing yards in 14 completions while Center had 74 in 10.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I still don't get your point. Yes, they can run. Okay, they've had a tough district. But Carthage is no stranger to tough districts, yeah, we got moved to an easier district but we won state in the District of doom.

And no, I'm not saying the teams from years past will win the game Friday. I'm saying we won those titles because of the players and their talent yes, but a lot of it has to do with Coaching.

What else I'm confused on, you say you haven't said who you think will win, but yet you're so set on trying to down Carthage. If you went to all the games you said you did, why? If they have a weak district, blah blah, why take time out to watch them just to get on here the game before state and try to discredit them?

I never said "classof2010". I said "Carthage fans". Several of the Carthage fans have made statements such as those referenced. I have not picked a winner because I do not know who will win. I believe it is a competitive match up. My point is that El Campo is a good team and the best Carthage has faced by far.

I never said "classof2010". I said "Carthage fans". Several of the Carthage fans have made statements such as those referenced. I have not picked a winner because I do not know who will win. I believe it is a competitive match up. My point is that El Campo is a good team and the best Carthage has faced by far.

Well when you say "Carthage fans" that's talking about all of Carthage fans that are commenting on here. So, if you're not talking about me in that group, put "some Carthage fans". Otherwise, I'm going to think you're implying that I'm in that.

Well when you say "Carthage fans" that's talking about all of Carthage fans that are commenting on here. So, if you're not talking about me in that group, put "some Carthage fans". Otherwise, I'm going to think you're implying that I'm in that.

If you read through the series of posts you will see all of the referenced statements.

Let me give you a little help on who will win this game and it ain't the tweetybirds. And I hardly doubt y'all are best team the Bulldogs have faced. Even some of the teams Carthage has played can most likely beat EC