Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I never said "classof2010". I said "Carthage fans". Several of the Carthage fans have made statements such as those referenced. I have not picked a winner because I do not know who will win. I believe it is a competitive match up. My point is that El Campo is a good team and the best Carthage has faced by far.

There is no way that El Campo is that much better than Whitehouse! My dawgs win even if it is only by one point.

Without a doubt El Campo is a good team or they would not be playing Carthage Friday night.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EC vs Seally, Ricky Seals Jones under 50yds. Enough said.

Carthage bulldogs win Friday night enough said. Lol....lol

Man I'm telling you if Carthage gets a few defensive stops early in the game and Converts those stops in scoring drives this one could be over earlier. EC claims this offense is good but if you have any chance at winning your defense is going to have to step up big time. Ricky Seals Jones I'm sure is a great Athlete. But Seally is no Carthage our offensive Scheme is by far more Complex and that EC defense want know what hit them. I know EC had made it this far and I'm sure that have a good team but folks I'm telling you it ends Fridays!!! Safe Travels for teams and all fans traveling to the game it's going to be packed football In Texas is the best!!!!!

HHMMMM. Well I finally caught up on all the trash talking....lol. It really makes me smile to see all these folks backing up their team. There are 4 teams left in division 11. Carthage is the only team left in division one that was originally 3A. I really find that interesting. Anyway for you Ricebird fans, Carthage has been competitive for as long as I can remember. When Carthage was in 4A they even made it to the State Finals to get beat by a very good A&M Consolidated team. When we fell to 3A, I think many of the people thought because they fell to 3A we would dominate it right off the bat. Truth is, some of the most competitive football is in 3A, and a lot of the teams who fall to 3A after competing in 4A think that; look at Brownwood. When they played Carthage they had already ordered their state title rings. Can you imagine the ring company's face when they cancelled. It took us a little while to get our feet wet and when the right coach showed up, he started utilizing the talent pool of athletes we have. He's been here 5 years now, and has 3 state championships. We lost to Liberty Hill in the quarterfinals his first year, because of mistakes. We lost to Argyle last year by an extra point. I am not fooled into thinking this is an automatic win for Carthage. Dispite how weak your schedule may or may not have been, and despite Carthage's schedule, we are both at the Semifinals. There are a lot of 3A teams that wished they could be here. I don't know much about the Ricebirds, but I do know that they run a lot. I will say this; if they can't pass the ball, I really like the Bulldawgs chances. Carthage has a very talented group of players and I expect them to win. Good luck to both teams! I hope nobody gets hurt, and I hope everyone has safe travels tomorrow night. I'm saying the Dawgs will win this game. 35-14. Go Dawgs.

Ths is for sure

1 Lamar UN Stadium will see a sea of red on both sides

2 Carthage will play one of the most physcal team they have played this year

3 take the Ricebirds lghtly and you get beat

Carthage has a lot to be proud of the Last few years 3 champioshipw is quite a accomplishment you have my respct for that But if you think EC is intimaded your very wrong this wont be a blowout unless it a turn over bowl. The Ricebird specialize in beating team with more talent than they have Bob Gillis is an exceptionaly coac (so is the Carthage coach)

My pick Ricebirds by 3

yep Im a homer

Ths is for sure

1 Lamar UN Stadium will see a sea of red on both sides

2 Carthage will play one of the most physcal team they have played this year

3 take the Ricebirds lghtly and you get beat

Carthage has a lot to be proud of the Last few years 3 champioshipw is quite a accomplishment you have my respct for that But if you think EC is intimaded your very wrong this wont be a blowout unless it a turn over bowl. The Ricebird specialize in beating team with more talent than they have Bob Gillis is an exceptionaly coac (so is the Carthage coach)

My pick Ricebirds by 3

yep Im a homer

Nothing wrong with being a homer! All the smack talk is all in good fun! We could type about how our team is going to beat another team until our fingers fall off, but it all comes down to those guys on the field in those Friday night lights!

Let me give you a little help on who will win this game and it ain't the tweetybirds. And I hardly doubt y'all are best team the Bulldogs have faced. Even some of the teams Carthage has played can most likely beat EC

Lets see.... you mean like Whitehouse and Jacksonville? You guys lost to two 4A schools, Well here's the deal El Campo is basically a 4A school and Jacksonville was not very good this year.

Lets see.... you mean like Whitehouse and Jacksonville? You guys lost to two 4A schools, Well here's the deal El Campo is basically a 4A school and Jacksonville was not very good this year.

Lol at the beginning of the year. We've went a couple seasons losing to 4a schools at the beginning of the year and then going on to win it all. I mean, the beginning of the season an the end of the season are two completely different scenarios.

We out gained Silsbee 493-243.

Carthage's defense shut down Silsbee QB who entered the game with more than 2,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards. He was 11 of 23 for 123 yards and was limited to 55 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries. Spearman ran six times for 25 yards and two scores, but Carthage held Silsbee to 105 yards on 29 rushes.

So, no I think they had a bit of trouble moving the ball.

Here's the problem...............I is hard to gain a lot of yards when you start on you opponents 30 yard line. Except when Silsbee intercepted the ball on the one then turned it back over they were playing on a short field. Stats are great but some times there sued. IF.....Carthage turns the ball over 4 time vs El Campo you will be sing the blues come Saturday morning. Just ask ARP.

Lol at the beginning of the year. We've went a couple seasons losing to 4a schools at the beginning of the year and then going on to win it all. I mean, the beginning of the season an the end of the season are two completely different scenarios.

Campo did not lose to a 4A school a the beginning or the end of the year.

Campo did not lose to a 4A school a the beginning or the end of the year.

No El Campo didnt lose to at 4A school at the beginning of the year. But they well lose to a 3a school tomorrow at the end of the year when game matter who cares about a non-district game we win championship around here in the month of December. When El Campo is usually at home. Carthage bulldogs Win big El Campo want know what hit them. Tomorrow night can't come quick enough.

Here's the problem...............I is hard to gain a lot of yards when you start on you opponents 30 yard line. Except when Silsbee intercepted the ball on the one then turned it back over they were playing on a short field. Stats are great but some times there sued. IF.....Carthage turns the ball over 4 time vs El Campo you will be sing the blues come Saturday morning. Just ask ARP.

You're kidding right? So you're telling me the stats don't matter cause they had a short field part of the time? Soooo all the times out defense held them, that doesn't count?

Carthage kicked deep once, and Silsbee returned it 18 yards to their own 19 yard line...........Is 81 yards to go for a TD a short field ????