Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Got a buddy thats a coach @ Ingleside. ( Lost to Elcampo last night) This is what he told me."I'd be very surprised and upset if carthage doesn't beat El Campo. We played them tough all 4 quarters with 5starters out due to grades. We didn't score in the redzone 4times. They're a running team and they're defense ####. They have good size on both lines but I know carthage can match that."

Carthage will give Elcampo its first loss.

They didn't score in the redone 4 times as they only made it into the redzone on drives 2 times. One leading to a 11yrd TD run and the other ending on downs after a great pass breakup in the end zone. Their other two scores came on long pass plays. EC gave up the big play against Ingleside a few times. Half of their yards came on 3 plays. Overall EC dominated the game. Ingleside had no chance of stopping the birds all night. So I guess what you saying is that your coach buddy has sour grapes.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know El Campo didn't get this far by playing against bad teams. These Carthage fans are talking like we haven't played great in all 13 wins we have earned. The teams in our district weren't weak at all. Wharton made it to round 2. Also Bellville is still in the hunt. La Grange, Sommerset, and Ingleside were high scoring against previous opponents but the EC defense managed to hold each team to 21 points or less. Don't underestimate what El Campo brings and what they are capable of.

You know El Campo didn't get this far by playing against bad teams. These Carthage fans are talking like we haven't played great in all 13 wins we have earned. The teams in our district weren't weak at all. Wharton made it to round 2. Also Bellville is still in the hunt. La Grange, Sommerset, and Ingleside were high scoring against previous opponents but the EC defense managed to hold each team to 21 points or less. Don't underestimate what El Campo brings and what they are capable of.

Oh don't worry. We can underestimate El Campo all we want. But the people that really matter will be prepared. Coach Surratt will make sure of that. But u might want to remind some people down your way of that too. Saw one player post on twitter, "gotta play in Beaumont this Friday then on to Jerry's world." Seems like he might be overlooking Carthage just a bit.

From lunch-time reading:

El Campo QB Bryce Brandl has more impreesive rushing statisitics than Silsbee QB Patrick Reed:

Brandl - 137 carries - 1,133 yards - 8.27 yards per carry - 17 TDs

Reed - 141 carries - 1,087 yards - 7.71 yards per carry - 7 TDs

El Campo has thrown 4 passes in each of its 3 playoff games (compared to over 6 passes a game during the regular season). In the first one, a 35-21 win over LaGrange, the Ricebirds didn't complete a pass. That was the second game this season in which the semi-finalist had zero completions.

The Ricebirds' average yards per carry has increased during the playoffs. The regular season average was 7.6. Over the last 3 games, the average has been 8.2.

El Campo's second round opponent was the Somerset Bulldogs. Their QB threw for more than 200 yards and 2 TDs in a losing effort. He has a familiar name: Koy Detmer, Jr.

Bev good job... I would also like to note that in Dave Campbell mag. they rated El Campo district 2nd toughest behind the district of Doom. Not Carthage's district. East Texas don't take the Ricebirds lightly. The only reason they have not had long playoff runs the last couple of years is because they lost to La Marque.

How is it Carthage is so prepared and such a great team when the schedule was so weak? With only 5 teams in the district, what challenges did you have? 2 had losing records and Center lost 1st round and Jasper was blown out by Navasota in 2nd. Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state. As a 4a team we competed with some strong powerhouse teams and I would like to think we held our own. Between EC and Carthage we did have a tougher schedule by all means and it includes the playoff run as well. We are hungrier and have the will to go all the way to state. So again think twice before you underestimate us! Gillis is one of the best coaches in 3a and he has coached our boys well.

How is it Carthage is so prepared and such a great team when the schedule was so weak? With only 5 teams in the district, what challenges did you have? 2 had losing records and Center lost 1st round and Jasper was blown out by Navasota in 2nd. Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state. As a 4a team we competed with some strong powerhouse teams and I would like to think we held our own. Between EC and Carthage we did have a tougher schedule by all means and it includes the playoff run as well. We are hungrier and have the will to go all the way to state. So again think twice before you underestimate us! Gillis is one of the best coaches in 3a and he has coached our boys well.

We Didn't ###### Too Be In That District We In ......And No Disrespect Too the District Of Doom Cause I Love Those Guys Lol But Carthage Would Of Won 16-3a.......This Year Y'all Haven't Played NO ONE better Then Carthage... Y'all are a running team...Y'all Play RIGHT into Carthage Greatest Strengh Which Is The RUN Just Wait sucka

Carthage has won 3 of last 4 championships, 2 were when they weren't in the doom. El Campo will have NOTHING on them. Nothing!

We Didn't ###### Too Be In That District We In ......And No Disrespect Too the District Of Doom Cause I Love Those Guys Lol But Carthage Would Of Won 16-3a.......This Year Y'all Haven't Played NO ONE better Then Carthage... Y'all are a running team...Y'all Play RIGHT into Carthage Greatest Strengh Which Is The RUN Just Wait sucka

I don't know bout that captain.

El Campo has not played a tougher playoff schedule. Silsbee and Palestine are just as good, if not better than El Campo. I can't wait for Friday night! You people have no clue what's about to hit your boys in the mouth. Carthage is on another level. El Campo will realize after Friday night they aren't quite as physical as they think. There is absolutely no way thier offense will work against Carthage. This is a horrible matchup for El Campo. No way the wing t or whatever they run will work against Isaiah, Mario, Trent, and the rest of the front 7. El Campo won't have 200 total yards in this game.

Two words for Carthage....

1. Whitehouse

2. UNDEFEATED

Take your pick, they are both bad for you....

EC by 7

Wow, that was stupid. Whitehouse has nothing to do with this game. And I assume your 2nd point is that you think yall are going to win because yall are undefeated? That's really dumb. Carthage has beaten plenty of teams in the playoffs over the past few years that had a better record than us. Being undefeated means nothing right now. You are going to be shocked friday night. And c'mon man, have some confidence in your prediction if you're gonna talk ####. Only 7...?

Carthage, by a lot more than 7

<br/>How is it Carthage is so prepared and such a great team when the schedule was so weak?  With only 5 teams in the district, what challenges did you have?  2 had losing records and Center lost 1st round and Jasper was blown out by Navasota in 2nd. Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state. As a 4a team we competed with some strong powerhouse teams and I would like to think we held our own. Between EC and Carthage we did have a tougher schedule by all means and it includes the playoff run as well. We are hungrier and have the will to go all the way to state. So again think twice before you underestimate us!  Gillis is one of the best coaches in 3a and he has coached our boys well.<br/>
<br/><br/><br/>

So let me get this straight. If a district has 7 teams instead of 5, it makes it a tougher district? I can't and won't even attempt to argue with that logic. SMH

<br/><br/><br/>

So let me get this straight. If a district has 7 teams instead of 5, it makes it a tougher district? I can't and won't even attempt to argue with that logic. SMH

No moron but we were talking about harder districts. Carthage had an easy one. And played more teams that sucked that were out of district. I can't wait to shut ur faces on Friday. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Wow, that was stupid. Whitehouse has nothing to do with this game. And I assume your 2nd point is that you think yall are going to win because yall are undefeated? That's really dumb. Carthage has beaten plenty of teams in the playoffs over the past few years that had a better record than us. Being undefeated means nothing right now. You are going to be shocked friday night. And c'mon man, have some confidence in your prediction if you're gonna talk ####. Only 7...?

Carthage, by a lot more than 7

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing :P

He don't sound to confident in his team if he's just has them by 7

No moron but we were talking about harder districts. Carthage had an easy one. And played more teams that sucked that were out of district. I can't wait to shut ur faces on Friday. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Will you show your face on here Friday night or Saturday if El Campo loses???

For a second there I thought you were from Silisbee...

&lt;br/&gt; &lt;br/&gt;No moron but we were talking about harder districts. Carthage had an easy one. And played more teams that sucked that were out of district. I can't wait to shut ur faces on Friday. We are a force to be reckoned with.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;<br/><br/>

Did he just call me a moron? LOL ok.  Well anyway this is what YOU said:

"Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state."

" I can't wait to shut ur faces on Friday&quot;"

Please don't tell me your last name is Lee and you're #96 on THIS years football team. LOL. If so, that says A LOT about your focus.

Does your coach know about this?

Two words for Carthage....

1. Whitehouse

2. UNDEFEATED

Take your pick, they are both bad for you....

EC by 7

Look Weenie Boy!!!!! We Beat Our Self Against WH......But That's In The Past....I Checked Out y'all Schedule And Y'all Didn't Play Anybody In The Top 10 or 25 if I'm Thinking Correct U Should Add Me On Here ...So I can sit right by u at the game so Everytime we score I can Be like BOOM!!! And if u nice I might buy u A BullDawg Shirt