Carthage vs. El Campo 3A-DIV. I STATE SEMI-FINAL

DawgDaze

Winner  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

How is it Carthage is so prepared and such a great team when the schedule was so weak? With only 5 teams in the district, what challenges did you have? 2 had losing records and Center lost 1st round and Jasper was blown out by Navasota in 2nd. Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state. As a 4a team we competed with some strong powerhouse teams and I would like to think we held our own. Between EC and Carthage we did have a tougher schedule by all means and it includes the playoff run as well. We are hungrier and have the will to go all the way to state. So again think twice before you underestimate us! Gillis is one of the best coaches in 3a and he has coached our boys well.

[/quote

How is it we're so prepared? Have you never heard of Scott Surratt? HE is the reason we will be so prepared. He's one of the best Coaches in the state of Texas. He has done more with this football team then I think anyone ever anticipated.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it Carthage is so prepared and such a great team when the schedule was so weak? With only 5 teams in the district, what challenges did you have? 2 had losing records and Center lost 1st round and Jasper was blown out by Navasota in 2nd. Our district consisted of 7 teams which meant harder games for us to continue our run for state. As a 4a team we competed with some strong powerhouse teams and I would like to think we held our own. Between EC and Carthage we did have a tougher schedule by all means and it includes the playoff run as well. We are hungrier and have the will to go all the way to state. So again think twice before you underestimate us! Gillis is one of the best coaches in 3a and he has coached our boys well.

your coach should save you're team the embrassment and forfeit this game, cause a east texas football team is fixin to put a can of whoop ### on y'all. Think about y'alls poor kids self esteem that will be shattered after this game, cause they believeing all this time they were a great football team untill the bulldogs brought them back to reality

your coach should save you're team the embrassment and forfeit this game, cause a east texas football team is fixin to put a can of whoop ### on y'all. Think about y'alls poor kids self esteem that will be shattered after this game, cause they believeing all this time they were a great football team untill the bulldogs brought them back to reality

No matter the outcome, both teams should be proud they made it the the semi finals. But I'm sure you know that. Can't help but think your account made today was just made to help stir up some trouble.

Teams like El Campo think they're #1 just because they go undefeated during the regular season. They have no idea what physical football is. They bully those sorry teams over there and think they can do that to us too. They don't realize how different east Texas football is from what they're use to. They hear us talk about it all the time, and they think that's all it is, just talk. Year after year we back up what we say (not just us, look at Gilmer, Henderson, Dangerfield... The list goes on) and this Friday will be no different. I promise you Surratt and the players aren't looking past anyone. If we looked past teams, we wouldn't have 3 state titles in the past 4 seasons. El Campo will recieve a beating Friday night. It's not all bad though. It'll help em out for next season. It'll show em how physical they need to be to be on Carthage's level.

Carthage did have an easy district but for you EC fans to try to discredit Carthage. You guys are crazy. I am not going to talk trash like some on here but what carthage has built over the last 6 years is very impressive. You must also understand we have lost in the preseason 2 out of 3 state titles to teams we should have beat but we don't play for non district titles we play for the big prize. EC don't buy your tickets for Jerry's world yet unless you want to sell them to Carthage fans at a discounted rate DAWGS role.

Carthage did have an easy district but for you EC fans to try to discredit Carthage. You guys are crazy. I am not going to talk trash like some on here but what carthage has built over the last 6 years is very impressive. You must also understand we have lost in the preseason 2 out of 3 state titles to teams we should have beat but we don't play for non district titles we play for the big prize. EC don't buy your tickets for Jerry's world yet unless you want to sell them to Carthage fans at a discounted rate DAWGS role.

+1

Some say EC can't throw the ball. Answer this for me....

If you are averaging 8.2 yards per carry in the playoffs, why on earth would you throw the ball?

Bev good job... I would also like to note that in Dave Campbell mag. they rated El Campo district 2nd toughest behind the district of Doom. Not Carthage's district. East Texas don't take the Ricebirds lightly. The only reason they have not had long playoff runs the last couple of years is because they lost to La Marque.

If you are averaging 8.2 yards per carry in the playoffs, why on earth would you throw the ball?

Because eventually, you're going to meet a defense that defends the run so well that your only option is going to be to throw the ball.

No matter the outcome, both teams should be proud they made it the the semi finals. But I'm sure you know that. Can't help but think your account made today was just made to help stir up some trouble.

not trying to stir up trouble just saying how it is . like formerBD said Carthage and most east texas teams are on a higher level at playing the game of high school football then region IV

Because Carthage has the best front 7 in 3A. No way El Campo has success running the ball against Carthage. Like I said earlier, this is a terrible match up for yall. El Campo isn't averaging 8.2 yards per carry this Friday.

EC keep talking about they played tough 4A Schools. I wouldn't call Lamar Consolidated, Brazosport, Bay City, Terry, Foster and Angleton a toughn district. Came play 4a ball in east Texas. Come beat John Tyler,Hallsville,Jascksonville,Lindale,Sulphur Springs,Whitehouse,Mount Pleasant. What's so tough about the 4a district ya'll came from nothing!!!!!! heck come play Gilmer, Henderson, Kigore, Center,Jasper, Chapel Hill teams Carthage play year in and year out. You better check the Resume we have put up over the last five year. We play against Contenders down here on a Regular basis.

1354654987[/url]' post='1837723']

Why didn't they go to state last year? This is a another year. I am from El Campo but I wish both teams the best. We have gave it a good run and have an amazing coach. I'm sure both teams will give it hell. But the difference between our team and your town. We play with class.

hy didn't they go to state last year? This is a another year. I am from El Campo but I wish both teams the best. We have gave it a good run and have an amazing coach. I'm sure both teams will give it hell. But the difference between our team and your town. We play with class.

Whoa. Carthage doesn't play with class? You're kidding right? Don't you dare come on here saying we don't play with class

1354654987[/url]' post='1837723']

Why didn't they go to state last year? This is a another year. I am from El Campo but I wish both teams the best. We have gave it a good run and have an amazing coach. I'm sure both teams will give it hell. But the difference between our team and your town. We play with class.

Well that wasn't very classy. It was also quite stupid. We've never been accused of being a dirty team.

You seem disturbed by my comment about class. I never said anything about your "football team". Still the question goes unanswered. If your sooooooooo good like you claim. Then why didn't you go to state last year? And I am in no way stating we are better than Carthage like I said I wish both teams the best. But again why didn't they go last year?

You seem disturbed by my comment about class. I never said anything about your "football team". Still the question goes unanswered. If your sooooooooo good like you claim. Then why didn't you go to state last year? And I am in no way stating we are better than Carthage like I said I wish both teams the best. But again why didn't they go last year?

We only returned 3 starters on offense and 5 on defense last year. And we lost to a very good Argyle team. Carthage is sooooooooo good. Think we've proved that. One off, rebuilding year? So what? When was the last time El Campo won state?

I know man, we ####. We couldn't win 4 in a row like El Campo... And we missed a game tying extra point in double overtime to a team that went to state. And they would've won state if they didn't have 5 starters injured against us. All on defense btw

Yeah we didn't win a state title as a 4a team but neither did Carthage. Yeah yeah you have 3 titles in 3a which is great no one is taking that away but now we are in 3a too and we will be state champs as well. Quit acting like this team is so invincible cause no one is. This game could go either way Friday.

Well let's just hope Carthage is as less prepared as they were against Palestine. Claiming you are such a powerhouse huh? You barely beat them by 3. And I'm sure you were all running your mouths on that game too. Too bad they didn't win cause then we wouldn't have to deal with y'all running your mouths. Starting to sound like the Dallas Cowboys fans bringing up old championships and what not. Nothing before Friday matters. So quit acting like Al Bundy clinching ur football and remembering the past.

Yeah we didn't win a state title as a 4a team but neither did Carthage. Yeah yeah you have 3 titles in 3a which is great no one is taking that away but now we are in 3a too and we will be state champs as well. Quit acting like this team is so invincible cause no one is. This game could go either way Friday.

Well let's just hope Carthage is as less prepared as they were against Palestine. Claiming you are such a powerhouse huh? You barely beat them by 3. And I'm sure you were all running your mouths on that game too. Too bad they didn't win cause then we wouldn't have to deal with y'all running your mouths. Starting to sound like the Dallas Cowboys fans bringing up old championships and what not. Nothing before Friday matters. So quit acting like Al Bundy clinching ur football and remembering the past.

You won't be state champs this year

<br/>Yeah we didn't win a state title as a 4a team but neither did Carthage. Yeah yeah you have 3 titles in 3a which is great no one is taking that away but now we are in 3a too and we will be state champs as well. Quit acting like this team is so invincible cause no one is. This game could go either way Friday. <br/>Well let's just hope Carthage is as less prepared as they were against Palestine. Claiming you are such a powerhouse huh?  You barely beat them by 3. And I'm sure you were all running your mouths on that game too. Too bad they didn't win cause then we wouldn't have to deal with y'all running your mouths.  Starting to sound like the Dallas Cowboys fans bringing up old championships and what not. Nothing before Friday matters. So quit acting like Al Bundy clinching ur football and remembering the past.<br/>
<br/><br/><br/>

Here we go again. We won a playoff game by 3 points and that takes away our powerhouse reputation. Doesn't make sense at all. If you didn't see they game I wouldn't talk. You're just looking at a box score. Besides Palestine was a district champ.

<br/><br/><br/>

Here we go again. We won a playoff game by 3 points and that takes away our powerhouse reputation. Doesn't make sense at all. If you didn't see they game I wouldn't talk. You're just looking at a box score. Besides Palestine was a district champ.

Fairfield

timestamp='1354654987' post='1837723']

Because they lost to the state champ finalist because they missed an extra point. I'm not fromcarthage but they play with class, don't know what you south Texas people be thinking but that's just stupid. You may play with class but it's obviously not gotten el campo very far.