How did your team finish?

So as we all knew, many said A&M might not even make a bowl game, yet they won 10 games and might have a Heisman winner. They far exceeded my expectations.

What about other fans? TCU were used to winning 11 game and didn't come close to that. Disappointment, or did you guys expect to fall off? OU had another monster season. But did their fans expect a national title?

What say you?

Oh and this is with regards to football since apparently some people are bigger women's volleyball fans. Had to add that disclaimer. ;) I kid!

We only expect national championships at LSU. So far below expectations. Congrats aggies.

See that's what I'm talking about. LSU had a great season but are disappointed. As we all know, since Fran, A&M has been horrible aside from a year or two, so this season was a breath of fresh air for us!

I think at the beginning of the year there was a predictions thread I said Baylor would win 6 or 7 games and possibly 8 depending on the bowl. I also called wins against Kstate and OSU. Not going to gloat though the season was fun though and I'm looking forward to bowl season. Good luck to everyone and your teams this holiday season.

I think at the beginning of the year there was a predictions thread I said Baylor would win 6 or 7 games and possibly 8 depending on the bowl. I also called wins against Kstate and OSU. Not going to gloat though the season was fun though and I'm looking forward to bowl season. Good luck to everyone and your teams this holiday season.

Baylor lost a few big playmakers to the NFL. I thought they were done for this year but they really surprised me for sure. The win over KSU was one of the biggest in team history so it was a very good year for Baylor!

So as we all knew, many said A&M might not even make a bowl game, yet they won 10 games and might have a Heisman winner. They far exceeded my expectations.

What about other fans? TCU were used to winning 11 game and didn't come close to that. Disappointment, or did you guys expect to fall off? OU had another monster season. But did their fans expect a national title?

What say you?

Oh and this is with regards to football since apparently some people are bigger women's volleyball fans. Had to add that disclaimer. ;) I kid!

Notre Dame finished above expectations. Many said we would lose 4-5 games. Me myself expected us to lose 2-3 games only. Undefeated and playing for a shot at the NC title game so I can't complain. Win or lose I'm happy with this yr.

GO IRISH!!!!

I thought we would be 8-4. Thought the offense would be a work in progress and the defense would keep us in games. Offense was a bit ahead of what I expected and I missed seeing the defense. Must have been at the refrigerator. I never expected what I witnessed in Dallas. Overall worse than expected.

It will be interesting to see if the staff with a month of prep time can develop a game plan.

While OU fans always expect a NC, I believe the season was a success. Our secondary really stepped up and I believe our WR corp went from one guy with a catch at OU to one of the best groups in the country.

If we can cap off the season with a win over a top SEC team, I'll be pleased.

In the preseason, I was optimistically looking for OU to win at least 10, hopefully 11 or even 12 games, depending upon how the breaks went. Luck and injuries are always a large part of any team's success.

As the season came closer to kicking off, BAM! Bad luck hit, two of our seasoned O linemen were lost for the year

Many Sooner fans were expecting a couple of losses at least, just wasn't expecting to lose to KState. I figured the ND and WV games to be iffy but winnable. No one, including Uncle John, expected ND to have the season that they did. Congrats to them.

To conclude, considering all of the injuries, and the bad hand dealt to us by the Big 12 with bye games sandwiched around the KState game, then 9 games in a row (man, both of our o and d lines were a MASH unit this last month!) - - considering all of that, i am pretty satisfied with how the Sooners wound up.

10-2 and another (co) conference championship.

Man, we need to recruit some linemen, though!!!

While OU fans always expect a NC, I believe the season was a success. Our secondary really stepped up and I believe our WR corp went from one guy with a catch at OU to one of the best groups in the country.

If we can cap off the season with a win over a top SEC team, I'll be pleased.

I was very impressed with Saunders.

I was very impressed with Saunders.

Yeah, if I was forced to give it to one new player that wasn't on the roster last year, Saunders would probably be my choice for impact player of the year for OU. Although D. Williams and the Penn State transfer Brown both stepped up bigtime, too.

I wanted to see Metoyer do more.

Yeah, if I was forced to give it to one new player that wasn't on the roster last year, Saunders would probably be my choice for impact player of the year for OU. Although D. Williams and the Penn State transfer Brown both stepped up bigtime, too.

Well he won't be in the bowl, arrested for possession of marijuana last night.

Yep, shoulda waited for the postseason to do his tokin'... Hurts the team.

When will they learn? Of course, EVERY team in college has some players who are friendly with Mary Jane... :rolleyes:

With all the losses that forced underclass men to play I didn't think TCU would make a bowl this year. OT loss to Tech, Iowa St loss the week Pachall got arrested, and a close loss to OU. This has been Patterson's best coaching job.

With all the losses that forced underclass men to play I didn't think TCU would make a bowl this year. OT loss to Tech, Iowa St loss the week Pachall got arrested, and a close loss to OU. This has been Patterson's best coaching job.

TCU beat Texas this year. That alone is enough momentum going into next season. As far as the outcome of the overall record, it stinks to see that they lost to Iowa State and Texas Tech, when I believe TCU may actually have been the better team. 9-3 was within reach. I posted all of the underclassmen starting for Texas and TCU last week. It made me respect Patterson a tiny bit more due to how many times we have seen schools graduate 75% of their starters and have to almost start over... this outcome is usually a 6-6 and 5-7 season for some programs.

I expected a little more from Texas, very disappointed. A&M really impressed and probably surpassed most everyone's expectations. They should start the season next year ranked VERY high. TCU was somewhat a disappointment although there is no doubt they belong in the big 12. USC met my expectations and my predictions. That said, they will probably start the season next year ranked #1 again by ESPN and the AP. LOL

As far as Tech, making the bowl game was great as opposed to last season. The media outlets stated that tech will finish 9th in the conference which was sure a poor choice for them.

Overall, we left some unfinished business on the field. With the miscues in the red zone and bad reactions to the play action pass was the overall down fall of losing to Texas, Baylor, K-State. 10-2 was realistically possible but oh well, we have to start prepping for Minnesota.

Life after RG3 was better than what people expected. The Briles/Montgomery offesne is the real deal. Lache Seastrunk is he real deal. Briles will continue his streak of turning out first round talent this April. We were pretty much in every game we played with the exception of one or two where the turnovers got us. If we ever get a solid defense we will be very salty, because every game we play is a shootout which means we can't make mistakes. But we had a good year, we did what everyone thought we couldn't.