How did your team finish?

Changing this around, Texas A&M surprised me the most. I figured 7-5 season at best and possibly 6-6. My rationale was as follows:

1) New Coach/New System

2) Unproven Quarterback

3) Several SEC teams collapsed that I did not anticipate.

I forsaw loses against Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, & Alabama and figured they would take 2 of three from the Mississippi schools and Missouri.

Sumlin obviously got his system in after LSU. An unknown QB emerged far beyond anyone's expections. Finally did anyone see Auburn and Arkansas crashing as they did. Remember, Arkansas thought they would be in the National Championship discussion.

I thought A&M would be in games, but more often than not be on the short end of the scoreboard.

IMO Texas did not fulfill it's potential this year. They didn't come close to their aspirations of fielding an SEC style defense. Or the 10 win season alot of Longhorn fans thought was possible. Congrats to A&M, Baylor and Tech who gave their fans lots to cheer about and a lot to look forward to.

SFA was definitely a let down this year. Defense was supposed to be a strength and they were terrible. The offense sputtered a lot more than it should have. I was pleasantly surprised with the running game. I think Gus Johnson will be something special going forward. He definitely takes a lot of pressure off of the passing game.

Not a fan of Attaway at quarterback. Makes too many silly mistakes, and throws too many interceptions. I know that is part of the offense, but he makes a lot of bad throws.

I expected them to compete better for the Southland championship, and a playoff berth, not a 5-6 finish and 4-3 in conference...

As for the big boys...

Texas A&M - exceeded my expectations. I didn't think the move would be bad, but I didn't see 10 wins and a Heisman candidate.

Texas - something is wrong there. I thought they would be much better. I thought the defense would pick up where it left off last year and the offense would show improvement. Still a respectable season by most standards, but not for what they expect in Austin.

Texas Tech - Hot start fizzled pretty quickly. A lot of talent is there, but Tubs has got to get more out of it or he will be looking for a new job. Looking forward to see Dominique Wheeler and Reginald Davis next year.

Baylor - Didn't think they would be too bad. Losing RGIII and Kendall Wright hurt, but they had a lot of weapons. Definitely a team to watch next year.

TCU - Didn't expect to see them struggle, but early injuries and off the field issues made it easy for the Frogs to pack it in if they wanted to. Patterson did a great job and they are building towards something special with all of that youth getting experience.

SEC EXPECTATIONS

I expected Bama to be a solid #2 team with a great defense, and average offense. It turns out that they are average with the NCAA expectations but still coached well enough to play in their big game.

I expected 7 wins from A&M. Not a Heisman QB, and a huge upset along the way.

Florida I thought was a 7 win team.

Georgia dominated the east besides that one game. That was on par with expectations. I knew SC would compete, but Spurrier is always prone to an upset or 2 along the way.

LSU was my biggest disappointment. I had NC hopes, not my new home bowl... At the start of the year we had a broken offense and a NC defense. Soon as the offense got fixed, the secondary fell apart. Les Miles had his typical 2-3 brain #### against Bama which cost LSU their hopes.

--------------------------------------

Texas was on par with my expectations for them.

TCU I said "8 wins" during the summer.

Baylor, I expected to go bowling, but not another impressive season.

OU I thought would be the sole Big XII champ

KSU I thought would be a solid 2nd.

NATIONAL EXPECTATIONS

Notre Dame I was very impressed with (still am). Way above expectations

USC- flopper as usual.

My National Championship expectations were simple.... LSU vs OU... No I did not think OU was the 1st or 2nd best team in the country beginning the year, but I did not expect Notre Dame to be good, nor did I think KSU would control OU like they did.

Better watch it with comments like that, Lhornfan will be questioning you.

Nope... OU has a long history of of sleezy stuff. Stoops has done a much better job of taking care of business with the players IMO. But let's face it, it's not that hard to do better than Switzer. Heck, Switzer might have been partying with his players.

Texas Tech - Hot start fizzled pretty quickly. A lot of talent is there, but Tubs has got to get more out of it or he will be looking for a new job. Looking forward to see Dominique Wheeler and Reginald Davis next year.

I am going to throw out another name. Backup QB and Lake Travis native, Michael Brewer. He looks to be phenomenal!