3A Div I State Championship Stephenville vs El Campo

hollywood91

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Div I Title?

Good post Lee96!! El Campo wouldn't be 14-0 and playing for the state title if they weren't solid.

I'll say that the Ricebirds will come to play and play hard! But... If they are not strong against the pass, it will be the toughest challenge of the season for El Campo. And I'm sure they are up for the challenge. Going to be a fun fun experience this week!

Whooped! And hard!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of 70 points in a championship game!!! Did this regress into a basketball game somehow????

Sulphur Springs scored 69 when they won in 2008. Final was 69-49. There have been several 5A title games where the winning team scored 50+. I remember Euless Trinity getting beat 52-0 by Converse Judson, I believe. High scores in the championship game not that unusual.

Sulphur Springs scored 69 when they won in 2008. Final was 69-49. There have been several 5A title games where the winning team scored 50+. I remember Euless Trinity getting beat 52-0 by Converse Judson, I believe. High scores in the championship game not that unusual.

Stephenville is good, I cant even begin to imagine how bad they would have beat Carthage.

Sooooo who beat carthage?????

Carthage beat Carthage......you just benefitted from it.........sorry about your loss. Ya'll had a good season, nothing to hang your head about. Not everyboday can have that trophy.....There's always gotta be a loser. This time, it's ya'll. Just saying

70 is crazy for the championship

Never heard of 70 points in a championship game!!! Did this regress into a basketball game somehow????

I will say one thing Scotty.......you made a good point. Unfortunately I probably wouldn't be so hard on them if their fans weren't such jerks. I met one man, before we played them that was very nice and complimentary. We had a good exchange about he game and he said I hope we can do as well as ya'll have. I told him, it should be a fun game to watch. We wished each other good luck and went our ways.....the rest of several fans I talked to were horrible jerks and most of the ones on here are the same way. I complimented their team to several of their fans and they just looked at me and wouldn't even say thank you. I will say, that our playoff shots with ya'll were a lot different. Respectable...the way it should be. I hate to say it, but El Campo got what they deserved. I really don't like myself for talking this way, but enough is enough.

I enjoyed this week with you East Texas folk again! Y'all are awesome smack talkers and true fans of 3A football and I respect that. You cheer for your team and know how to smack but give credit where credit is due.

I hope Gilmer wins this week. I know an old man their that is a huge Buckeye fan. Navasota is good but there are a handful of team I think that could hand them their first defeat of the season and Gilmer is one of them. Stephenville, Kilgore are the other 2. IMO

Stephenville's offense was down right unstoppable this season, especially once they hit overdrive in the playoffs. Even as good as Kilgore's defense was, they just could't contain the machine. Too many weapons this season. AJ Davis from Kilgore was sitting behind us at the game last night on the Stephenville side with a posse of other Kilgore players and fans. He's a very nice young man and showed good sportsmanship.

Congrats to STEPHENVILLE ON #5!! Well deserved. I know several of the players and they truly worked their tails off all year, not just this season, but all year for this. I FEEL LIKE A WINNER. ;)

El Campo, congrats on a great season.

To Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson, Tyler CH fans... work hard in the offseason and hope to see you boys and girls next season Let's make it #6 next year Jackets!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!

I enjoyed this week with you East Texas folk again! Y'all are awesome smack talkers and true fans of 3A football and I respect that. You cheer for your team and know how to smack but give credit where credit is due.

I hope Gilmer wins this week. I know an old man their that is a huge Buckeye fan. Navasota is good but there are a handful of team I think that could hand them their first defeat of the season and Gilmer is one of them. Stephenville, Kilgore are the other 2. IMO

Stephenville's offense was down right unstoppable this season, especially once they hit overdrive in the playoffs. Even as good as Kilgore's defense was, they just could't contain the machine. Too many weapons this season. AJ Davis from Kilgore was sitting behind us at the game last night on the Stephenville side with a posse of other Kilgore players and fans. He's a very nice young man and showed good sportsmanship.

Congrats to STEPHENVILLE ON #5!! Well deserved. I know several of the players and they truly worked their tails off all year, not just this season, but all year for this. I FEEL LIKE A WINNER. ;)

To Carthage, Kilgore, Henderson, Tyler CH fans... work hard in the offseason and hope to see you boys and girls next season Let's make it #6 next year Jackets!!!

Good post

They dang sure would not have hung 70 on the Dawgs you can believe that. The Dawgs do have a pass D.

No, I dont "believe that". El Campo is better than Carthage and has a better defense than Carthage. The two teams actually played with each having an equal opportunity to get to the championship game against Stephenville. EC sent Carthage to the house. Carthage would have given up 80 against SV.

No, I dont "believe that". El Campo is better than Carthage and has a better defense than Carthage. The two teams actually played with each having an equal opportunity to get to the championship game against Stephenville. EC sent Carthage to the house. Carthage would have given up 80 against SV.

You keep telling yourself that it will help ease the pain of giving up 70 points. You, me and eveybody that saw the game know what happened. 10 over thrown balls to wide open receivers, 4 dropped balls for big gains, trick play for a fumble deep in your own field, when all you need to do is put the jumbo in and run the ball three times and punt if you have to. You get the picture, no way the Ville hang 70 on the Dawgs.

Stephenville is good, I cant even begin to imagine how bad they would have beat Carthage.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe Carthage has ever had 70 points put up on them except in basketball. And y'all got it put on you in the state championship game LOL :lol:

They were in the state championship game. Last time I checked, that is typically the 2 best teams surviving their bracket. Hey, at least you guys got to watch it from home.... I was okay eventually with Marshall getting trashed by HP. We were in the state championship game. Only 3 other schools in 4a could say that that year.

Highland Park beat Marshall in 2005 (I think) 57-0 in Tyler for the 4aD1 State Championship.

I went to the UIL archives for previous state championships and here are some of the scores (all classes except for 6-man). I've listed only the games where 50+ points were scored but there are many more games with 40+ points scored.

Mason 62-40

Tenaha 52-28

Aledo 69-34

Daingerfield 64-14

Sulphur Springs 69-49

Highland Park 59-0

Midland Lee 54-0

Lewisville Marcus 59-20

Lewisville 58-34

Austin Westlake 55-15

Converse Judson 52-0

Sudan 54-0

Cedar Hill 51-17

So this made me curious about scoring compared to earlier years. I did some research and here are the average scores for the championship games for the1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010-2011.

1980s

1A: 21-11

2A: 22-7

3A: 27-10

4A: 22-8

5A: 23-12

Overall: 23-9

1990s

1A: 33-12

2A-I: 27-14

2A-II: 30-4 (only last two years of decade)

3A-I: 29-12

3A-II: 19-5 (same as 2A-II)

4A-I: 29-15

4A-II: 28-7 (last four years of decade)

5A-I: 33-16

5A-II: 36-17

Overall: 28-9

2000s

1A-I: 33-15

1A-II: 27-13 (last four years of decade)

2A-I: 29-16

2A-II: 33-14

3A-I: 28-17

3A-II: 29-22

4A-I: 34-16

4A-II: 38-21

5A-I: 28-20

5A-II: 32-16

Overall: 29-15

2010-2011

1A-I: 45-24

1A-II: 42-18

2A-I: 31-21

2A-II: 28-19

3A-I: 24-20

3A-II: 34-18

4A-I: 25-7

4A-II: 59-31

5A-I: 32-27

5A-II: 29-18

Overall: 35-20

Congrats and good post!

I will say one thing Scotty.......you made a good point. Unfortunately I probably wouldn't be so hard on them if their fans weren't such jerks. I met one man, before we played them that was very nice and complimentary. We had a good exchange about he game and he said I hope we can do as well as ya'll have. I told him, it should be a fun game to watch. We wished each other good luck and went our ways.....the rest of several fans I talked to were horrible jerks and most of the ones on here are the same way. I complimented their team to several of their fans and they just looked at me and wouldn't even say thank you. I will say, that our playoff shots with ya'll were a lot different. Respectable...the way it should be. I hate to say it, but El Campo got what they deserved. I really don't like myself for talking this way, but enough is enough.

Good post Mute. Merry Christmas!

One thing for sure... We will never know what the score would have been if Carthage would have played Sville BUT we know for sure what the score was when El Campo played Sville!!! 70-35 that is a beating for El Campo. Sville sent El Campo to the house and no one remembers #2. Wait they will remember this game because El Campo got Skull Drug!

One thing for sure... We will never know what the score would have been if Carthage would have played Sville BUT we know for sure what the score was when El Campo played Sville!!! 70-35 that is a beating for El Campo. Sville sent El Campo to the house and no one remembers #2. Wait they will remember this game because El Campo got Skull Drug!

We will always know for sure what the score was when El Campo played Carthage.