Navasota vs Gilmer i

player73

All I am saying is, all the teams that the Rattlers have played were suppose to play them close but they got blown out. I see that you are a 100% Gilmer fan and I respect that. Looking at Gilmer, they are just like Cold Spring and Jasper and also have the same playing style but I can tell you, that Gilmer has not faced any team like the 2012 Rattlers. I am very surprised at this teams talent and what they can do on the field offensively and defensively. Looking at them last year against Chapel Hill, it was clearly seen that they were coming back the following year and here they are. All I can say to you is that the Rattler whole team is nothing but speed, power, and skill. They know how to tackle, believe that and they do it in packs! I've seen both teams play and I have to give the edge to the team that has the most skilled players, play with 100% discipline, and have just to many play makers. Navasota do not make that many mistakes if any! From sophmore's to seniors, they are all good. All 11 players starting for the Rattlers are beasts and the players that are waiting on the sideline are just as good and we all will see some them next year, especially that undefeated JV team. You just don't find a team that has so many play makers and they all feed off each other. Yes Gilmer might score, but I will give them one touchdown because I have seen what Navasota's defense can do and that's causing turnover and etc. Like I said before, I hope that it's a good game. Honestly, I do not think that there is a player on Gilmer's team that will match up with any of Navasota's receivers and I say this because I have seen Gilmer secondary in action and Navasota's receivers are all ranked top in the State. Bottom line is the team is GOOD. Baker has thrown 53 touchdowns and over 4,000 plus yards, that's awesome. Navasota is going to have a field day! Watch what I tell you!!!!! Good luck to both teams I will be there watching!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AnOldBuckeye is spoutin' "drivel"? Seriously?? Well aren't "you" a trip. What have I posted that was "drivel?" I 'think' I've been giving Navasota a lot of credit for being a great football team. So because I believe that "Gilmer" is a great team as well,,, that's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,drivel?? ok,, that's all I have for ya son. I have no desire to respond further to someone that is obviously as clueless as you appear to be.

Gilmer should be in 4-A because all the Longview folks have moved up here? LOLOLOLOLOL,,,, that my friend is hilarious. And I'm sure posted just to stir up the Gilmer faithful. But just so the Navasota folks who read your "drivel" don't buy into that,, let me correct your statement. Gilmer's population has not grown in the past 20 years by more than a hundred or so folks,,, and I would bet ya a rootbeer float, that no more than 20 of those folks were from Longview. As for the comment that we should be 4-A,,,, I would almost bet that your team has been beaten by the Buckeyes enough that you are jealous enough to make totally foolish and erronious statements about things like this. Surely you are smart enough and educated enough, that you would know that it would be impossible to hide 350 kids from the UIL. Gilmer is right smack dab in the middle of the 3-A lower and upper limits for classification with approximately 650 students. Grow up and let go of the anger, frustration, and jealousy you're obviously saddled with. You'll have less headaches, and ulcers,,, and the brain f___s you obviously had when you made your post, won't hit ya so often.

GILMER IS GOIN DOWN

Do you really want to talk about depth? Do you realize the depth that Gilmer has as well?

yeah, Gilmer has a lot of depth. They have an awful lot of small linemen that are gonna get bullied around by the beasts of Navasota Gilmer is not gonna be able to execute properly when their line gets caved in and penetrated. You guys are just like Atlanta. Always taking advantage of your depth by pushing around smaller 3A schools

yeah, Gilmer has a lot of depth. They have an awful lot of small linemen that are gonna get bullied around by the beasts of Navasota Gilmer is not gonna be able to execute properly when their line gets caved in and penetrated. You guys are just like Atlanta. Always taking advantage of your depth by pushing around smaller 3A schools

Navasota used to be 4a correct?

Correct.. In the 80s and the from 1994-2002 or 2003 I believe...

4A in 1980 when we played Hunstville for the district championship and lost on the 1 yrd. line as time ended and they went to the playoffs (only one team went back then.............wow what poor hearts would be broken now not making the playoffs with a 3-7 record :( ) They won state that year -:( :mad: :o

Wow! Are you really this clueless? Like Atlanta? Pushing around smaller 3A schools? Really? Some of your statements just show you don't know anything about your opponent. I hope your team and coaches feel the same way. Gilmer is a smaller school than Navasota. As a matter of fact, Gilmer is in the lower half of 3A as far as numbers, and always has been. There are a bunch of 2A schools around here that could beat anybody in Navasota's district. You will get to see what a determined "small" team can do to your "bullies" when they execute. The Buckeyes have been outweighed by almost every team they've played, yet where are they now? All I can say is getcha popcorn ready! :)

Correct.. In the 80s and the from 1994-2002 or 2003 I believe...

4A in 1980 when we played Hunstville for the district championship and lost on the 1 yrd. line as time ended and they went to the playoffs (only one team went back then.............wow what poor hearts would be broken now not making the playoffs with a 3-7 record :( ) They won state that year -:( :mad: :

We were 3A the rest of the 80's

Gilmer is not gonna be able to execute properly when their line gets caved in and penetrated. You guys are just like Atlanta. Always taking advantage of your depth by pushing around smaller 3A schools<---Hmm, I didn't realize that Henderson, Kilgore, Argyle, and Graham were smaller than Gilmer? Hey, did you guys know that ya'll were smaller than Gilmer? RottiePup, you might want to let them know about the 350 extra kids that we have on the football team. But I'm pretty sure that all four of those teams will tell you flat out that Gilmer isn't bigger than them. Oops.

LOL, and what are you going to say when Gilmer beats Navasota again? That we pushed around "another" small 3A school like Kilgore, like Henderson, like Argyle, like Graham? yep, this is going to be fun. I can't wait to hear you call Navasota a "small" 3A school.

Look, I ain't from no Navasota I only passed thru there a few times and ate at a diner there. Had a good chorizo and egg burrito there. I'm just sayin' Navasota is the real deal this year and they llok like they r gonna beat the Girlmer Butteyes

Look, I ain't from no Navasota

Ahh, so you must be from a school that Gilmer has dominated lately. It's okay, you can tell us.

I only passed thru there a few times and ate at a diner there. Had a good chorizo and egg burrito there.

I'm just sayin' Navasota is the real deal this year

Based on what? Winning a district that didn't have a pulse this year? name one team that Navasota played in district that would have made it out of 16-3A.

and they llok like they r gonna beat the Girlmer Butteyes

I'm glad you think that. Unfortunately, we've heard that so many times already this season and the only one to do it was Prestonwood. Like I stated a couple of pages ago, Gilmer has played the stronger schedule from top to bottom. Navasota is going to be in serious trouble, just like in 2009. But unlike the 2009 team, THIS Gilmer Buckeye team can run and pass. Ask Navasota about Stump Godfrey in 2009. We now have Chris Boyd AND Josh Walker just to name a few. But don't take my word for it, ask Argyle, ask Graham, ask Kilgore, ask Henderson. Heck, what am I sayin. Ask Navasota as soon as the game is over....they'll tell ya.

Smaller 3A schools really? I think the only school smaller in our district is Spring Hill. :rolleyes: I guarantee you we will execute just fine. And trust me we are nothing like Atlanta, we are still here year after year after year!

Count on it. I've seen his kind come in, stir things up with uninformed posts, then never come back when they are wrong.

I'm just goofin' boys, I'm actually fond of Gilmer I just like to razz you guys. I'm a Daingerfield Tiger fan. I do think Navasota will take yall this time. They have too much talent and weapons and size. it's just what's up! Gilmer goes down in this one. I'm gonna say Navasota 37 Gilmer 24

I'm just goofin' boys, I'm actually fond of Gilmer I just like to razz you guys. I'm a Daingerfield Tiger fan. I do think Navasota will take yall this time. They have too much talent and weapons and size. it's just what's up! Gilmer goes down in this one. I'm gonna say Navasota 37 Gilmer 24

Just goes to show, "there's one in every crowd". With all the support Gilmer fans will be bringing to the Daingerfield side of the stadium by showing up early to cheer for the Tigers, we have to endure one knucklehead that does not reciprocate. Thanks for nuttin Rottie.

We know it's gonna be a battle, just like Daingerfield is gonna have a battle. Yoe is for "real", too. The Tigers barely escaped with a win against them in '10. That's why we are going to throw our support for the Tigers regardless of misfits like you. Never underestimate the Buckeyes is all I got to say about that. They will definitely make you pay when opportunity meets execution.