Gilmer vs Navasota updates

Aggie98

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lay it out there Gilmer, Navasota beat you in every aspect of the game, be humble and eat crow and talk about what if until next season, but the fact of the matter is the Rattlers would still be beating the Buckeyes if the clock hadn't run out. I have never seen a more balanced team than what sota put on the field. There is not a 3a team in Texas that can play with this group including df.

Well lay it out there Gilmer, Navasota beat you in every aspect of the game, be humble and eat crow and talk about what if until next season, but the fact of the matter is the Rattlers would still be beating the Buckeyes if the clock hadn't run out. I have never seen a more balanced team than what sota put on the field. There is not a 2a team in Texas that can play with this group including Yoe.

Huh? What are you talking about? I haven't heard anyone talk about "what if"... 2a?... Yoe?... You are a donkey!

Well lay it out there Gilmer, Navasota beat you in every aspect of the game, be humble and eat crow and talk about what if until next season, but the fact of the matter is the Rattlers would still be beating the Buckeyes if the clock hadn't run out. I have never seen a more balanced team than what sota put on the field. There is not a 2a team in Texas that can play with this group including Yoe.

You're right, no 2A team, including yoe could play with nav. That's why they won the 3A crown. Get informed dude.

I think 2007 Liberty Hill was better

where did this come from.....you may be from gilmer, i don't know but with this post i would not claim you....the navasotas are the champs.....after watching them i wish the div 2 could plat the div 1.....navasota would win it.......

o i nearely forgot for all you gilmer haters.....see you next year at cowboy stadium :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He obviously is a Yoe fan, and is in 7th heaven this morning for his team. He actually thinks Yoe can compete with top 3A teams cuz his Yoemen beat a couple of lesser 3A's. And he is referring not only to Yoe but also to East Bernard in his comment, alluding to the fact that neither team would beat the Rattlers, LOL. I'm guessing he thinks those 2 teams could be Gilmer, Henderson, Argyle, Kilgore, etc. What he meant as a compliment to Navasota is almost like an insult to other good 3A teams. Still high on the SC game they won, I suppose.

Huh? Who was not being humble. And why reference a 2A team,,, this is 3A, not 2A,, and there are probably only about 25% of the "4-A" teams in the state, that could beat Navasota.

Well, not much to say that hasn't already been said. There are times when you can be a doggone good football team,,, yet still have that one team, that is so talented, so good, that dominataes you no matter how good you are. When you are very good,,, and still get beaten by another team at the end, especially one like Navasota, that's a pretty humbling experience. And I'm sure the Buckeyes feel a little sense of being humbled this morning. Let me clarify that even more though, because I didn't mean that as if we had a "need" of being humbled,,,, no,,, this bunch of Buckeyes, are a very humble group of kids. Some of the best we've ever had come through Gilmer in my opinion. And we had played so wonderfully,,, going way beyond any of our expectations. Most of the folks I know, felt we were a year away from being a great team,, and yet here we were in the SC game. We had beaten and hung with every team we had played all season since week 2. But let me say this,,, we came up against a team last night, that in my opinion, was the most loaded, most talented, most well coached, most experienced, and most determined group of kids, I've ever seen play in 55 years of watching High School football. And there is "no shame" in being defeated by a team of their calibre.

Navasota deserves the State title, more than any team we've been beaten by in the playoffs, that I've ever seen. I still shake my head in marvel thinking about the talent level on your team Rattlers. I've seen my Buckeyes excel and play super good football all season against some very good football teams, but Navasota was just a step up in talent. I jokingly made reference to the Rattlers as a Jr. College team a few weeks ago. I stand by that statement "talent wise" after seeing them in person. Hats off to you Nav. Maybe we'll get another shot at you down the road somewhere,,, enjoy your first Championship. You certainly earned, and deserve it. The best team in Texas 3-A football. But the Buckeyes will be wanting to claim that title next year.

The consolation I take from all this for my Buckeyes is, the honor of watching how well we played as a team. How well we played with class, and character. That fact, is special without description here at Gilmer. And we are so proud of all of you, for being that kind of kids, and football players. We were Sophomore, and junior laden this season. We have a lot of really good kids coming back. The experience gained by playing an extra 6 games this year, is so very valuable for us for next year. The experience of going up against such a good team last night, will be invaluable as well. It will only make us better. Even going through the disappointment of losing a state title game,,, I am stoked about the prospects for next season. And to this group of kids who are seniors,,,, you guys have absolutely no reason to be down about last night. You played your hearts out all year, and can walk away from this, with your heads held high. We are sooooo very proud of you guys, and how you have played during your walk as Gilmer Buckeyes. You did so with class young men. You will be missed tremendously, and nobody, will ever forget how you left everything out on the field, in every game you guys played as Gilmer Buckeyes. That is a badge of honor I know you will always walk proudly with, and carry on into your adult life, and careers.

To those coming back,, I saw a whole lot of leadership skills from several of our underclassmen on this team. We have an excellent mix of talent and leadership for several years to come. And I will be totally surprised if we don't see you guys back deep in the playoffs, possibly in the big game again next year, just because of what we've seen from you guys all year. Believe in yourselves, and be confident. The game last night as a loss, will never define you, it was just a loss. But your character, or how well you give your all each and every game, and what you have in your heart, is what will define you. The cream rises to the top,, and I have every confidence, that you will rise again next year. Use this game for motivation, to work harder, and just get better and better. You have made every Buckeye fan proud to call you "our team". And I for one, can't wait for next season,,, to get to watch you guys grow, and mature as a team. And demonstrate once again, how we roll here at Gilmer. And our role next season is to not be denied,, and your Army of Buckeyes, will be here to back you all the way. Congratulations on an awesome season. Merry Christmas to all of you,,, from your fans, who love you guys.

+1000. Great post and great season OldBuckeye! Merry Christmas!

where did this come from.....you may be from gilmer, i don't know but with this post i would not claim you....the navasotas are the champs.....after watching them i wish the div 2 could plat the div 1.....navasota would win it.......

o i nearely forgot for all you gilmer haters.....see you next year at cowboy stadium :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas jackpots and great season by any standards!

Just an opinion...Navasota dominated this game, but the only 3a team I have seen beat gilmer like that was Liberty Hill and I thought they were better...in the end...what does it matter...

But if I could...I would pay a pretty penny to see that game between Sota and LH

Well, I made up my mind a few weeks ago I was done here, but one last comment before I go. And, this will be my last so respond if you want to. Makes me no difference. I have always been one to pull for East Texas teams, but my only regret here is the they didn't hang 100 on Gilmer. I heard all the coach Traylor is a great guy posts, but after I saw him throwing 4th down hail Mary passes against Atlanta that could have only been to run up the score, I refuse believe it. It was a no class scum bag move and wish they would have got 100 put on them. Have a nice life.

1356224811[/url]' post='1853029']

Well, I made up my mind a few weeks ago I was done here, but one last comment before I go. And, this will be my last so respond if you want to. Makes me no difference. I have always been one to pull for East Texas teams, but my only regret here is the they didn't hang 100 on Gilmer. I heard all the coach Traylor is a great guy posts, but after I saw him throwing 4th down hail Mary passes against Atlanta that could have only been to run up the score, I refuse believe it. It was a no class scum bag move and wish they would have got 100 put on them. Have a nice life.

What an idiot.

What a worm!... Make accusations after claiming you won't be back... Spineless!

"Hail mary passes"? You do realize we had our JV offense in at that point in the game, don't you? You should probably look that game up on youtube. Maybe refresh your memory a little bit!

The pass (singular) your refering too was on 4th and long with none of our starters on the field... I believe it was about a ten yard "hail mary" that resulted in a touchdown. In no way do I see it as a "scum bag move". Simply trying to keep possesion and run down the clock!

I'm sure you won't be on anymore this year to back up your classless accusations, so we'll see you next season. I'm sure I won't be the only Buckeye fan that remembers this.

Just an opinion...Navasota dominated this game, but the only 3a team I have seen beat gilmer like that was Liberty Hill and I thought they were better...in the end...what does it matter...

But if I could...I would pay a pretty penny to see that game between Sota and LH

And there's really nothing wrong with that opinion. Liberty hill dominated a gilmer team that was loaded with D1 prospects that year. Of course gilmer had injuries, but even a healthy team couldn't have kept up. That's MY opinion. That would be a great game to see!