Sand Bass!

Hayseed

Spring can't come fast enough. Yesterday, when the sun popped out, our first thoughts were - we should be FISHING! LOL

Come late this year, we're getting a canoe and putting a trolling motor on it....I want to be able to go where boats can't go, and for sure on rivers, especially up at Beaver's Bend...

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring can't come fast enough. Yesterday, when the sun popped out, our first thoughts were - we should be FISHING! LOL

Come late this year, we're getting a canoe and putting a trolling motor on it....I want to be able to go where boats can't go, and for sure on rivers, especially up at Beaver's Bend...

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I fish out a 17 foot long Alumacraft canoe Freds! I don't have a trolling motor but usually have my 15 yr old or Doomy to help out!

I fish out a 17 foot long Alumacraft canoe Freds! I don't have a trolling motor but usually have my 15 yr old or Doomy to help out!

LOL! How is it for comfort, ease of transport, etc.? Since I'm sure I'll be doing "whatever" at the helm.

Last year, took the boys up to Beaver's Bend to go down the river - first time we've ever done that. Now, that was a hoot! Youngest and hubby were in one canoe, and oldest and I were in another....youngest and hubby dumped soon thereafter, hubby screaming at the top of his lungs...LOL...I jumped in, to gather up "all our stuff"... good grief... oldest kept saying, MOM QUIT PADDLING... all righty then....no problem! We only dumped once, though...it's a work-out, that's for sure!

Was a hoot! If you have kids in their teens, they'd love it! I want to go again, but only if oldest is doing the "paddling".

LOL! How is it for comfort, ease of transport, etc.? Since I'm sure I'll be doing "whatever" at the helm.

Last year, took the boys up to Beaver's Bend to go down the river - first time we've ever done that. Now, that was a hoot! Youngest and hubby were in one canoe, and oldest and I were in another....youngest and hubby dumped soon thereafter, hubby screaming at the top of his lungs...LOL...I jumped in, to gather up "all our stuff"... good grief... oldest kept saying, MOM QUIT PADDLING... all righty then....no problem! We only dumped once, though...it's a work-out, that's for sure!

Was a hoot! If you have kids in their teens, they'd love it! I want to go again, but only if oldest is doing the "paddling".

Haysead takes evrebodie canoe'n he can.

Red,

You and yours should go up to Cotter and do the float trip there. Out of Cotter Trout Dock. Hire one of the guides, get the shore lunch, and enjoy. Some beautiful water. Tons of fish. Best shore lunch you will ever eat. Take camera, you float by some beautiful country.

Red,

You and yours should go up to Cotter and do the float trip there. Out of Cotter Trout Dock. Hire one of the guides, get the shore lunch, and enjoy. Some beautiful water. Tons of fish. Best shore lunch you will ever eat. Take camera, you float by some beautiful country.

where the heck is Cotter? Trout... ya know, that's a whole other ballgame. Tell you a funny story on that "trout fishing". A long, long, LONG time ago, my mom and dad took the boys on vacation... oldest learned how to fly fish. Oldest, at the time, I think he was probably maybe 10 to 12 years old (like I said a long time ago), was even fly fishing here in our pond... LOL Anyhoos... the entire family, sisters, children, blah, blah, blah, went up to Colorado and oldest was fly fishing... and do you know the first thing that he caught? A BAT... I'll never forget the look on his face! LOL!

Oldest also got into making fly fishing "flies" (I guess that's what they're called) ended up selling a lot of them to guys that hubby worked for that fly fish all the time....talented he was!

But, look, I'll be honest, before this past year, I've probably held a fishing pole a total of 5 times in my entire life, for maybe a total of 30 minutes... so that fly fishing is gonna have to wait...the extent of my fishing was watching mom and dad and the stupid bobber, and the engine never starting back up when we're marooned in the middle of Lake of the Pines, incurring all aboard to start paddling....and folks wonder why I didn't want to fish! UGH! LOL!

I did hear though that Kilgore has a lake where they put trout in - go figure! I didn't even know Kilgore had a lake! LOL

But please, do send the info, we'll get there... eventually... I really want to go to Lake Powell in Arizona and go through the river in all those canyons, etc., etc. That's a ways off, though. First, we accomplish and learn the "spots" in our local lakes... I'm beginning to figure out Fork... took FOREVER!

It's personal now... me against the fishes (supper)....LOL!

As to guides - you know how much those guides at Fork charge... good grief almighty!!!!! I told hubby, FORGET IT I'm not paying somebody that much money when we can figure this out by throwing out line! We're not "Bass Pro Fishermen" yet....LOL!.... YET! LOL

And p.s., I think I'm gonna have to get a new rod... this new one seems real stiff to me, and I think I'm losing fish - UGH! Not acceptable... not at all! But, boy, do I love my new reel! ZING!

Went this mornin off Deadwood CR 2517 FM. Shoals is movin kinda shalla tho. Some Blues an whites is bitin but waters stained some so ya gota stay round the current. Be beter fish'n with crawdads than minnars.Caught a couple crappys off a sunk sack o sour'd corn i sunk with a cedar treetop .Shot a pig on the bank. Gota clean the freez'r out now. Cold'r than ya thickn on tha rivre t'day to.

Cotter , Arkansas. Ozark Hillbillies. http://open.salon.com/blog/aunt_shelle_stormoe/2008/10/23/how_to_spot_a_genuine_ozark_hillbilly

Great country, Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, Buffalo River. The White River and Norfork River ( some call it North Fork River) converge about five miles below Norfork Lake Dam. Supposed to be a great float trip and trout fishing experience. I want to go back to that area at some point. Last I was in that area I caught nice size Walleye off the bank at Norfork Lake. I could probably live in the area just fine as a "retiree" but would get away from the main flow of the tourism.

The float trips are really nice. Easily catch 50 plus a day. Area of the world I could easily live. There are many places that you can get as far away as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...