A Question to any Police Officers and Military Members out there.....

RETIREDFAN1

What will you do, should congress go along with the emotionalism and pass laws banning guns......would you join with the government forces in enforcing this blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL law, or would you rise up with the citizens who are in open revolt defending our God given rights????

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, where to begin?

1) Guns will never be banned in this country. There is no law even under consideration to ban all guns. There is not public support to ban all guns. NOBODY in the administration has said ANYTHING about banning all guns. SOME guns are ALREADY banned ('machine guns' for example, as well as tanks, RPGs and surface-to-air missles). This is a GOOD thing. There is SOME support for banning certain additional guns [e.g. assault weapons], but even that limited change doesn't have public support and probably won't happen.

2) I am a hunter and have a dozen rifles and shotguns. Responsible hunters don't need and wouldn't use rapid fire weapons with large clips. I don't worry one second that my hunting weapons will be taken away.

3) Any law that was passed and found to be unconstitutional would be overturned; and you can bet any such law will be challenged. Ergo, no unconstitutional law would stay on the books.

4) Since when is owning guns a "God given" right? What holy text addresses gun owership?

5) There is a name for people who want to rise up in open revolt against our government. They are REBELS and TRAITORS to our founding fathers vision of representative democracy, and you can bet that I will support the government's lawful and constitutional enforcement our OUR laws.

In the oath of enlistment, I swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC [my emphasis]." I WILL honor that pledge.

1. It was a "what if" to generate discussion.....it has begun to do that....NO gun should be banned.....banning ANY type of arm is an infringement on my right to keep and bear arms and in violation of the SECOND AMENDMENT......

2. The SECOND AMENDMENT is NOT about hunting.....It IS about protecting our Constitution from despots and tyrants.....THAT is why we need and must have assault rifles....I own several and will use them to do just that IF the time arises......

3. Wake up.....don't be so naive.....i fail to see anywhere in The Constitution where the federal government is in any way authorized to create social security, welfare, medicare, nor can I find any Constitutional authorization for them to have any say whatsoever on issues such as abortion, gay rights, etc....I haven't seen a declaration of war since 1941, so where does the government get the authority to send our troops all over the world to fight them??.....the government in power now has usurped their authority, and have been doing so unchecked for over a century......the government in Washington now is illigitimate and definitely not Constitutional....

4. God gives us the freedoms we have....there is nothing that does not come from Him.....

5. NOT when the people in revolt are supporting the Constitution against a despotic, tyrannical government.....exactly what our founders did.....this government hasn't been under true Constitutional authority since the Lincoln administration.....So by your answer, I can assume that when the NAZI's come for your guns, you'll be handing them over without a fight......

Your oath was to defend the Constitution, NOT to be a "global force for good" or any of the other BS that the military is being used for.....So when are you going to start defending The Constitution against the domestic enemies IN POWER NOW???

What will you do, should congress go along with the emotionalism and pass laws banning guns......would you join with the government forces in enforcing this blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL law, or would you rise up with the citizens who are in open revolt defending our God given rights????

I have no problem answering this question again. I would honor my oath to the Constitution, as would the majority of police officers and military personnel who serve our country as "citizens first."

I have no problem answering this question again. I would honor my oath to the Constitution, as would the majority of police officers and military personnel who serve our country as "citizens first."

In your personal opinion, do you believe that a Texas peace officer, who has been convicted of Family Violence or who is under a current Family Violence protective order, should be allowed to possess firearms and ammo?

If yes and other than current state law, what distinguishes the difference between a police officer convicted of family violence or served with a protective order versus John Doe citizen convicted or served with the same?

As to the original context of this thread, I think that there are many police officers and military that would turn against their fellow Americans. I think they will be human and accept self preservation over their own convictions and beliefs. Only a true person to their core beliefs, would rebel against a man made temporary governments laws versus that of a higher ethical, moral, and even devout religious beliefs. We have seen this in history time and time again, and they would be making the same mistakes that countless other human beings have made, even when it hurt their own families and friends.

Those that would do so in my opinion are weak, frail, and have no substance to their being, of course they would argue that they are following and enforcing the present law of the land that has no bearing on the long term affects that it would have for their own immortal future, but on the lives of those that they helped to conspire against.

Kind of like Lt Calley's soldiers did under his command, they done as they where told.

1. It was a "what if" to generate discussion.....it has begun to do that....NO gun should be banned.....banning ANY type of arm is an infringement on my right to keep and bear arms and in violation of the SECOND AMENDMENT......

2. The SECOND AMENDMENT is NOT about hunting.....It IS about protecting our Constitution from despots and tyrants.....THAT is why we need and must have assault rifles....I own several and will use them to do just that IF the time arises......

3. Wake up.....don't be so naive.....i fail to see anywhere in The Constitution where the federal government is in any way authorized to create social security, welfare, medicare, nor can I find any Constitutional authorization for them to have any say whatsoever on issues such as abortion, gay rights, etc....I haven't seen a declaration of war since 1941, so where does the government get the authority to send our troops all over the world to fight them??.....the government in power now has usurped their authority, and have been doing so unchecked for over a century......the government in Washington now is illigitimate and definitely not Constitutional....

4. God gives us the freedoms we have....there is nothing that does not come from Him.....

5. NOT when the people in revolt are supporting the Constitution against a despotic, tyrannical government.....exactly what our founders did.....this government hasn't been under true Constitutional authority since the Lincoln administration.....So by your answer, I can assume that when the NAZI's come for your guns, you'll be handing them over without a fight......

Your oath was to defend the Constitution, NOT to be a "global force for good" or any of the other BS that the military is being used for.....So when are you going to start defending The Constitution against the domestic enemies IN POWER NOW???

I agree. If push comes to shove and the government continues to violate our liberties, the constitution and attempts the unthinkable, I believe the local and state law enforcement will side with the citizens. I also believe the military would eventually side with the people as well over a tyranical government.

Wow, where to begin?

1) Guns will never be banned in this country. There is no law even under consideration to ban all guns. There is not public support to ban all guns. NOBODY in the administration has said ANYTHING about banning all guns. SOME guns are ALREADY banned ('machine guns' for example, as well as tanks, RPGs and surface-to-air missles). This is a GOOD thing. There is SOME support for banning certain additional guns [e.g. assault weapons], but even that limited change doesn't have public support and probably won't happen. Germany and Europe have said the same thing.

2) I am a hunter and have a dozen rifles and shotguns. Responsible hunters don't need and wouldn't use rapid fire weapons with large clips. I don't worry one second that my hunting weapons will be taken away. Being a Hunter has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. it has to do with the right to bear arms to form a militia

3) Any law that was passed and found to be unconstitutional would be overturned; and you can bet any such law will be challenged. Ergo, no unconstitutional law would stay on the books. Maybe Maybe not. Look at Obama care

4) Since when is owning guns a "God given" right? What holy text addresses gun owership?

5) There is a name for people who want to rise up in open revolt against our government. We call them our founding fathers.

In the oath of enlistment, I swore to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC [my emphasis]." I WILL honor that pledge. So it goes back to Colmes original question - What are you going to do ?

or Ruby Ridge - http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/22/ruby-ridge-is-history-but-the-mindset-th

I do think the the Branch Davidians were out there but there is also a different view beside what what was put out by CNN

http://www.serendipity.li/waco.html

Few Americans realize that on February 28, 1993 when BATF agents in National Guard helicopters zoomed in on the Branch Davidians' church and home, Mount Carmel Center, they did so with guns blazing, like Americans raiding a Vietnamese village in that far off war. ... It is likely FBI agents deliberately sabotaged negotiations with Davidians to prevent their exiting Mount Carmel. Their goal was to destroy the building and its damaging evidence, even if that meant the massacre of dozens of men, women and children, all witnesses to the brutal attack. — Carol Moore:
Overview of Davidian Massacre

After the February raid by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) of David Koresh's dissident religious community at Waco, Texas, the FBI and the U.S. Army took over, mounting a 51-day siege. This included such psy-war tactics as sleep deprivation of the inhabitants of the community by means of all-night broadcasts of recordings of the screams of rabbits being slaughtered.

Finally, despite David Koresh's pledge to surrender upon completion of his written explanation of the meaning of the Seven Seals, the FBI and the Army attacked. At dawn on April 19, 1993, and throughout the morning, tanks rammed holes in the main building and pumped (in the FBI's words) "massive amounts" of CS gas into the building, despite knowing that inside were more than a dozen children. The tanks demolished parts of the compound and created tunnels for the wind to blow through. The buildings at this point were saturated with inflammable CS gas and spilled kerosene.

wacofr.gif Around midday two U.S. military pyrotechnic devices were fired into the main building, igniting a fire which (because of the holes in the walls allowing the wind to gust through) spread rapidly through the complex of buildings and became an inferno. 74 men, women and children died — including twelve children younger than five years of age. Fire trucks were prevented by the FBI from approaching the inferno. After the compound had burned down the BATF flag was hoisted aloft to signify 'victory'. Subsequently the burned-out ruin was razed in an attempt to remove all evidence of this premeditated murder of innocent civilians by agents of the U.S. government. Thus occured an atrocity which many Americans believe could never happen in their country. A look at the evidence presented in the film Waco: Rules of Engagement (and in the BBC documentary broadcast in the U.K. on November 28, 1998) shows that it did happen.

The lawyer for one of the survivors said at one of the U.S. government 'investigations' (or rather, whitewashes): In this country when people are accused of a crime they are arrested and given a trial — that's 'due process'. If found guilty of murder then maybe they are killed. We don't just kill them first — which is what happened at Waco.

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.

http://www.google.com/search?q=kent+state&hl=en&tbo=d&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS441US441&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=dDvzUNv9JoHB2wXEgoD4Dw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1191&bih=501

On the morning of December 29, the troops went into the camp to disarm the Lakota. One version of events claims that during the process of disarming the Lakota, a deaf tribesman named Black Coyote was reluctant to give up his rifle, claiming he had paid a lot for it.[6] A scuffle over Black Coyote's rifle escalated and a shot was fired which resulted in the 7th Cavalry's opening fire indiscriminately from all sides, killing men, women, and children, as well as some of their own fellow troopers. Those few Lakota warriors who still had weapons began shooting back at the attacking troopers, who quickly suppressed the Lakota fire. The surviving Lakota fled, but U.S. cavalrymen pursued and killed many who were unarmed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre

In your personal opinion, do you believe that a Texas peace officer, who has been convicted of Family Violence or who is under a current Family Violence protective order, should be allowed to possess firearms and ammo?

If yes and other than current state law, what distinguishes the difference between a police officer convicted of family violence or served with a protective order versus John Doe citizen convicted or served with the same?

No. A Texas peace officer or any other police officer who has been convicted of family violence or is under a protective order, should be held to the same standards as everyone else...which means that the peace officer should not be allowed to possess firearms either.

Again, held to the same standards.

you guys do realize that the same Gov you fear will take over if your guns are taken, has Nukes, Drones, etc...... Your little assault riffle is no match for them anyway.

Not saying you should give up your gun, but if your argument is that it will be Germany all over, is over the top. The situation in Germany was much more complex than the Gov taking over because there was no guns.

Now is it your right by law to own a gun? YES.... stick with that argument.

By the way, I feel the same way as Chris Rock... We don't need gun control, we need Bullet control...Bullets should cost $5000 dollars. lol....

you guys do realize that the same Gov you fear will take over if your guns are taken, has Nukes, Drones, etc...... Your little assault riffle is no match for them anyway.

Not saying you should give up your gun, but if your argument is that it will be Germany all over, is over the top. The situation in Germany was much more complex than the Gov taking over because there was no guns.

Now is it your right by law to own a gun? YES.... stick with that argument.

By the way, I feel the same way as Chris Rock... We don't need gun control, we need Bullet control...Bullets should cost $5000 dollars. lol....

Uh...no....IF the citizens had been armed, the NAZI's would not have been able to do what they did as easily as they did it....IF the jewish citizens were armed, I dont think they would have allowed themselves to be exterminated so easily......

And I am of the contention that the right to keep and bear arms means that if I can afford a nuke, drone, etc. then it is my Constitutional right to be able to purchase one....arms is not defined by The Constitution......

Today, hose high capacity magazines and clips come in real handy when hog hunting and you run across a bunch of hoggs in the river bottom. You can't have enough bullets in your gun in that situation. In the future, they would really come in handy against a tyranical government trying to further strip our constitutional rights and confiscate our guns. :P

The idea is that the military commanders in the field and their troops would switch loyalty to the citizens, along with their superiors. I don't think anyone is a match for all of the armed private citizens in America. Do you really believe our military generals would nuke the U.S. citizens? I think they would nuke Washington first.

The idea is that the military commanders in the field and their troops would switch loyalty to the citizens, along with their superiors. I don't think anyone is a match for all of the armed private citizens in America. Do you really believe our military generals would nuke the U.S. citizens? I think they would nuke Washington first.

Not Colin Powell...LOL

As to the original context of this thread, I think that there are many police officers and military that would turn against their fellow Americans. I think they will be human and accept self preservation over their own convictions and beliefs. Only a true person to their core beliefs, would rebel against a man made temporary governments laws versus that of a higher ethical, moral, and even devout religious beliefs. We have seen this in history time and time again, and they would be making the same mistakes that countless other human beings have made, even when it hurt their own families and friends.

Those that would do so in my opinion are weak, frail, and have no substance to their being, of course they would argue that they are following and enforcing the present law of the land that has no bearing on the long term affects that it would have for their own immortal future, but on the lives of those that they helped to conspire against.

Very nice post. Absolutely correct. Just as they did during the Holocaust. They would embrace it, promote it, and enjoy it.

Of course you would. What about honoring what it is to be truly human? What each and every man was destined to try and fulfill. Rather than be such a simple minded boob that you have to have someone else, ie...the government, telling you what to honor.

History honors the names of valiant men, men of honor, men of character. Government knows nothing of those values. One without value, usually follow those with the wrong values. Power is given by rulers/government, HONOR cannot be.