Hayseed

Just waiting to see if Feinstein's bill passes. If it does, it will prohibit foreign countries from exporting guns and ammunition as defined in said bill to the U.S.

But if the bill does not pass I expect to see the shelves replenished and prices will eventually return to normal once supply exceeds demand.

Just waiting to see if Feinstein's bill passes. If it does, it will prohibit foreign countries from exporting guns and ammunition as defined in said bill to the U.S.

But if the bill does not pass I expect to see the shelves replenished and prices will eventually return to normal once supply exceeds demand.

Frankenstein's bill has about as much chance of passing as a snowball in hell. This diabolical wench has been submitting anti-gun bills for years. Even Bill Clinton is warning dims not to over reach on the anti-2nd amendment issue. Her bill is DOA.

Frankenstein's bill has about as much chance of passing as a snowball in hell. This diabolical wench has been submitting anti-gun bills for years. Even Bill Clinton is warning dims not to over reach on the anti-2nd amendment issue. Her bill is DOA.

I believe you are right about this. I am starting to notice Obama backing down on this issue already. The best leverage the people have is knowing how bad Congress members want to stay in Washington. They know in their hearts that it would be 1994 all over again.

• 1 month later...

I noticed CTD is no longer carrying BVAC ammo. Whether they intend to stock it again I don't know. This tells me government has successfully locked down availability of ammo for the time being with its demand for ammo as exemplified by the huge orders by DHS. When government has the ammo and We The People don't we are in trouble.

I stopped by a Wal Mart yesterday just to see what might be available. The employee in sporting goods was unpacking one case of 100 loose round boxes of Win. white box 9mm in 115gr FMJ. This is typical the retailer itself only receives a very small amount at any given time. Forget finding .22 ammo. I've called several Academy retailers and each says they receive a very small amount of .22 but never know when and it is gone in ten minutes.

You can still get just about any caliber of ammo you want at gunbroker.com .... but you are going to PAY for it.

Hornady is high $ stuff! I want the cheap stuff. Heckfire, I'm just wanting to do some plinking...with .22!

I deer hunt with Hornady 44 mag 240 grain. I shoot( or did before this latest pricing dealio) Federal or CCI for recreational target practice.

^ Most of what I see online in handgun ammo is the high dollar defense ammo. Target ammo goes quick. Don't know you shoot the .44 mag in a handgun or carbine/rifle for deer?

It goes without saying how weird it is we cannot find .22 ammo. Who knows the big picture other than their is simply not much .22 available. CTD has already been mentioned as having jacked up prices. They have .22 in their retail stores. It's jacked up in price of course.

I've shot Win and Rem brass for the most part and plenty of CCI .22 . I do see Aquilla brand .22 online. It sells quickly of course. I'm not desperate to buy a lot of that ammo. I saw one of their Aquilla line of .22 LR that notes the ammo is not suitable for semi-automatics. What's that about? :blink:

My rifle is a NEF breach-loader.