Mack Brown and Class of 14 Recruiting

Grindin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have, still crappy IMO for a guy in Dodd's position to be taking shots at other athletic programs when his is in a current dumpster fire.

That's where you missed the point. I don't think he was taking as shot at another program as much as he was stressing the point that 8 win seasons are not the norm for Texas and that they would bounce back sooner than many other programs would (as I said earlier). Maybe he shouldn't have put a name to a school, but I still don't think that was the intent. You have to learn to read between the lines.

That's where you missed the point. I don't think he was taking as shot at another program as much as he was stressing the point that 8 win seasons are not the norm for Texas and that they would bounce back sooner than many other programs would (as I said earlier). Maybe he shouldn't have put a name to a school, but I still don't think that was the intent. You have to learn to read between the lines.

I disagree. I think Dodds is a dick, and he knew exactly what he was saying. He's very arrogant, and he gets a kick out of bad mouthing other schools. The fact that he is still employeed with Texas is something I just don't understand.

I may have, still crappy IMO for a guy in Dodd's position to be taking shots at other athletic programs when his is in a current dumpster fire.

I'm an OU fan and have trouble defending Texas, but really? Come on now.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1

Not to mention they added two national champions in 2012.

You think the Joneses cried over a little spilt milk?

I disagree. I think Dodds is a dick, and he knew exactly what he was saying. He's very arrogant, and he gets a kick out of bad mouthing other schools. The fact that he is still employeed with Texas is something I just don't understand.

I've never said that I like Dodds, nor am I trying to defend him. But people have got to stop being so freaking sensitive these days, and stop fishing for something that isn't there.

Missouri has had as many 10+ win seasons since 2000 as Texas has had less than 10+ win seasons. Regardless of what happened in one year, one game, and regardless if anyone likes what he said or not does not change the fact that what he said is true. The point is, 10+ win seasons have become the norm at Texas and anything less than that, while they may be considered good years for other programs, they aren't at Texas. THAT is the point.

If he were purposely going to take a shot at another program, why would he choose Missouri???

I'm an OU fan and have trouble defending Texas, but really? Come on now.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1

Not to mention they added two national champions in 2012.

You think the Joneses cried over a little spilt milk?

We all know financially UT is the kingpin. The dumpster fire I was referring to was all the negative press that has been around UT recently.

We all know financially UT is the kingpin. The dumpster fire I was referring to was all the negative press that has been around UT recently.

Did that article say the athletic department operated in a 263 million dollar debt?

Regarding browns comment on commitment.... I wonder if Major gets the same speech?

Did that article say the athletic department operated in a 263 million dollar debt?

Regarding browns comment on commitment.... I wonder if Major gets the same speech?

SOURCE: texassports.com The largest recent facilities projects include:
  • Red McCombs Red Zone construction and expansion of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium ($176.5 million; completed in 2008)
  • DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium south end project ($29 million; completed in 2009)
  • UFCU Disch-Falk Field renovation ($27.3 million; completed in 2008)
  • Frank Erwin Center renovations ($23 million; completed in 2003)
  • Red McCombs Red Zone construction and move of UT Athletics offices ($15 million; to be completed in June 2012)
  • Red McCombs Red Zone basement addition of sports medicine and weight training areas ($15 million; to be completed in 2013)
  • Edgar O. and Melanie A. Weller Tennis Center construction, including 6 indoor and 4 outdoor courts ($8 million; to be completed in Fall 2012)
  • Frank Erwin Center video board replacement ($2.5 million; completed in 2008)
  • DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium field replacement ($1.3 million; completed in 2006)
  • UT Golf Academy construction ($1.3 million; completed in 2006)
  • UFCU Disch-Falk Field artificial turf replacement ($1.1 million; completed in 2008)
  • UFCU Disch-Falk Field renovations and upgrades, including roof replacement, seating and kid's area additions, water-proofing, press box renovations and new national championship signage ($1.1 million; to be completed in Spring 2012)
  • DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, football indoor practice facility at Frank Denius Fields, and Penick-Allison Tennis Center lighting replaced ($1 million; completed in 2011)
  • UFCU Disch-Falk Field high definition video board added ($930,000; completed in 2012)
  • Red & Charline McCombs Field batting facility construction ($500,000; completed in 2009)
  • Texas Rowing Center expansion, including locker room addition ($430,000; completed 2007)
  • UT Golf Academy short game practice facility upgrades ($300,000; completed in 2008)
  • Mike A. Myers Track & Soccer Stadium field house exterior renovation ($163,000; completed in 2009)

I suspect they are still paying for Meyer's Stadium (Track & Field) and the softball stadium as well.

Mizzou Over .500 (1998-2012)

1998: 8-4

2003:

8-5

2005: 7-5

2006: 8-5

2007: 12-2

2008: 10-5

2009: 8-4

2010:

10-3

2011: 8-5

Texas Bad Seasons Below 10 Wins

(1998-2012)

1998: 9-3

1999: 9-3

2010: 5-7

2011:

8-5

2012: 9-4

What point were you trying to make? I think this just proves how much better of a program Texas is than Mizzzou.

Just stating the rivalry isn't as dominant as texas fans would like to think besides who won last time in austin. The rivalry is like 3 0r 4 games adhead from 1975. What happen in the 20s and 50s isn't anything to brag about. Just like 2005 NC will always hold more merit than the 1939 NC. Different game.

What happened in the 20s and 50s is part of the rivalry.

It's a gutsy move and if he sticks to it, a respectable one. However, some people will take it as arrogant bulling of a bunch of 17 and 18 year old kids to deny them achoices to help them make the right decision for them for their life. He stands to lose several good players each year that could helped his program. However, he will get players who really want to play for texas and do not want to look anywhere else or will be too scared to! He basically gets his picks anyway!

I will say, I do not think it is right for a school to pull offers to kids during the recruiting process especially after that have committed because someone else comes along that they thought was going else ware. When that happens some kids get left out after having been strung along and spots on other schools are take. One room is made for them at other schools the shuffle starts and kids get messed over. It nt good. So, if Brown will honor their commitment with a scholarship and not back out as long as they do not visit other schools it may not be such a bad thing!

In the end, it's his program and his responsibility so he should get to make the rules! He should keep in mind though, the reason Ole MS got two of the best players coming out this year was that they encouraged them to look around and make the decision that was best for them. They chose Ole MS and indicated that was a major factor in their decision. They did not feel threaten and intimidated and it made them feel that the coaches at Ole Ms was confident enough in their program to allow them to look. It was a risk but the players appreciated it and chose Ole MS partly because of it.