A way, way too early Preseason All-East Texas Football 2013

franksnbeans

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, I'm not sure what the argument is. The guys on the list from Carthage are deserving. If he had a beef about any one specific player being on the list that would be one thing, but I think the issue is with the fact that there are 6 Carthage players. Not sure who he thinks should be bumped off the list and who should replace them. I would like to hear it. That's what it's about. Always fun to hear the debate.

My comment was that Carthage is overrated. They had a weak schedule in pre-season & district...did not see a bunch in the playoffs...they got beatby a great team...taht is all

My comment was that Carthage is overrated. They had a weak schedule in pre-season & district...did not see a bunch in the playoffs...they got beatby a great team...taht is all

They have a lot returning from a pretty solid team. We will see if the whole can be better than the sum of its parts.

They got beat by a great team...after turning the ball over in their own red zone with 2 minutes left...that's not much of an argument...and it still doesn't say anything about which players you think shouldn't be on the list...

They got beat by a great team...after turning the ball over in their own red zone with 2 minutes left...that's not much of an argument...and it still doesn't say anything about which players you think shouldn't be on the list...

Put words in my mouth...never said a word about individuals...said they were overrated...weak schedule...mediocre performance...not the Cathrage of old.

Way to early my friend! Can we get through 7 on 7 before I have to start arguing for All-East Texas status for some Lindale kids again. It's exhausting. A coach told me the Lindale team will be "loaded with size & talent" next year. If they can avoid all the injuries they had in 2012, Lindale should have a good season.

Way to early my friend! Can we get through 7 on 7 before I have to start arguing for All-East Texas status for some Lindale kids again. It's exhausting. A coach told me the Lindale team will be "loaded with size & talent" next year. If they can avoid all the injuries they had in 2012, Lindale should have a good season.

It's never to early for anything like this.

Hence the title of the thread. But, I'm a football guy. What you want from me? Lol. Just trying to hold myself over.

Lindale guys for all ET. Hmmm. Whatcha got?

The coach may have actually said "Some talent and a few with size" ..... Oh well, the coach may have actually been a teacher now that I really think about it...He had a blue Lindale Eagles shirt on at the gas station.

I'll get back with you once the season starts.

Once the season starts? Lol. Dang man. It's a preseason list.

You are the only one that believes that, the Dawgs had three very good teams they had to beat IN THE PLAYOFFS. Gilmer only played two, Argyle and the Rattlers. You can talk all the smack you want to about the Dawgs because you know they don't have to line up against them this year. Last year the Buckeyes may have beat the Dawgs, this year not a chance. I look for the Dawgs to set a new scoring record for 3A.

Oh, the preseason poll then. Okay, The All East Texas 2013 Preseason Football Team Lindale candidates... Wait, I'm calling people.... Damn I got nothing. Lol

We may just dominate post season all district!

But stuff like that usually goes to playoff teams.

You are the only one that believes that, the Dawgs had three very good teams they had to beat IN THE PLAYOFFS. Gilmer only played two, Argyle and the Rattlers. You can talk all the smack you want to about the Dawgs because you know they don't have to line up against them this year. Last year the Buckeyes may have beat the Dawgs, this year not a chance. I look for the Dawgs to set a new scoring record for 3A.

Excluding El Campo, which of the powerhouses in the playoffs are you refernces...Taylor? Palestine? Silsbee?

You forget we had Atlanta (twice), Henderson (twice), and Graham.

I do miss playing the Dawgs...great competition...last year was not their best & I am not seeing this year being much better.

So Argyle was better than Henderson? Put the pipe down please.....SMH...

It mite be a little to early but I'm gonna call a 3A division 1 title gm for 2013!!

Kilgore vs Cartage

I really can't see anybody being stronger than them in Div. 1. I sure hope I'm rite.

I can actually see the same final 4 teams from 2012 duking it out again but with 2 totally different outcomes!!!!

My statement was that the Dawgs were overated this year...you brought up the Gilmer shoulda, woulda, coulda,,,so...

Let's us try this again..Canton, Atlanta (twice & they had on their Mystical Uniforms), Argyle, Henderson (twice), Graham in the playoffs...not even metioning our District of Doom...the Dawgs had Palestine, Taylor, Silsbee, & El Campo...which of these are "three good teams"? I would fully expect you to set a new scoring record with your 2013 schedule...Tatum would handle this bunch...Huntington, Center, Jasper & Diboll...looks like a juggernaut to me. As far as a head to head...we had a "W" 34-14 against J'ville last year, you had a "L" 30-34, Chapel Hill 30-6, Bux 50-28...looks as if the Bux were on top there.

Back to my original statement, the Dawgs are overrated this year...extra game in the playoffs...two from each district in Div 1...District play will not challenge them as no opponent has a pulse. Taylor will not be back in Round 2 (we will not even address how they got there this year), At best, three rounds in the playoffs...there will be a lot mor competetion this year in Div 1.

It mite be a little to early but I'm gonna call a 3A division 1 title gm for 2013!!

Kilgore vs Cartage

I really can't see anybody being stronger than them in Div. 1. I sure hope I'm rite.

I can actually see the same final 4 teams from 2012 duking it out again but with 2 totally different outcomes!!!!

You got Stephenville, Navasota, El Campo, Hennason, A.Wyle, LaMarque, Graham to add.