A way, way too early Preseason All-East Texas Football 2013

franksnbeans

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweet from TOC's Matt Stepp. Looks like Hooks LB, RJ Williams (Frank's preseason all ET 2nd teamer) showed out this weekend.

Hooks 2015 LB RJ Williams was very impressive today...names #TCU as early leader at #rivalscamp

He did have a good day... Got better as the day went on.

Measured out at 6'1 230... All muscle..

Daylon Mack seems to carry himself very well. Comes across as very intelligent. Lists A&M as his top choice right now.

The guy is built like a refrigerator. Big and solid.

Works out with 550 on the squats...... As in lift it up multiple times.

East Texas's 2015 class is going to be loaded on the defensive side of the football.

Daylon Mack may be the top prospect in the state.

Whitehouse's Justin Dunning and Sulphur Spring's Larry Pryor are two of the top safety prospects in the class.

Hooks' RJ Williams and Tatum's Keshaun Smith are two of the top LB prospects in the class.

Gilmer's Kris Boyd is getting a lot of looks at CB.

Newton has a handful of guys that will get a lot of attention. Longview and John Tyler always have their share of talent as well.

2015 is looking like a really good class in ET.

Way to early my friend! Can we get through 7 on 7 before I have to start arguing for All-East Texas status for some Lindale kids again. It's exhausting. A coach told me the Lindale team will be "loaded with size & talent" next year. If they can avoid all the injuries they had in 2012, Lindale should have a good season.

judging from last year's record a good season for Lindale would be 5 & 5. Word has it Nacogdoches will be up next year. If that's the case, could be a tough year for Lindale.

Two linebackers I'm having trouble leaving off the list:

Kiounis Williams - Center Roughriders

Reggie Long - Whitehouse Wildcats

Anybody want to make an argument for one or both of these. If so, who would you take off the list?

LB Josh Walker Sr., Gilmer
LB Anthony Rhone Sr., Texas High
LB Calvin Bryant Sr., Daingerfield

LB R.J. Williams Jr., Hooks

LB John Hawkins Sr., Arp
LB K.J. Cumby Sr., Athens

LB Tanner Norman Sr., Elysian Fields

LB Garrett Gibson Sr., Union Grove
LB Levi Thompson Sr., Harmony

IMO you can take off any of the bottom three listed and put in Williams and Long.

Norman had 225 tackles

Gibson had 176 tackles

Thompson had 121 tackles

All play at the 2A level

While Williams had 130 tackles at the 3A level and Long had 80 tackles & 6 sacks at the 4A level.

I feel like Thompson is the odd man out. I'm just not sure if I want to replace him with Williams or Long.

Thoughts?

Another way to look at it....

How do you or anyone think the 2A LBs would do in 3A and 4A??

Or 3/4A in 2A?

Gibson is a big, strong kid. So, I have a feeling he would do just fine in 3A. But, 3A & 4A are tough no doubt.

Long & Williams would be great in 2A. Would they rack up 200 tackles? I don't know.

I still feel Thompson is the odd man out. You got a thought about Long vs. Williams?