Teague vs Jarrell Area Round Region 3

player73

The Teague Lions will take on Jarrell in Waco at University High School on Friday at 7 pm.Jarrell beat the Lions earlier in the year when the Lions were just a few days removed from the Football playoffs.The Lions under 1st year Coach Dexter Patrick who played at Clarksville and won a State Championship are playing their best basketball of the year.Coach Johnson made a great hire in putting Patrick in charge of the Basketball program at Teague.

The Teague Lions will take on Jarrell in Waco at University High School on Friday at 7 pm.Jarrell beat the Lions earlier in the year when the Lions were just a few days removed from the Football playoffs.The Lions under 1st year Coach Dexter Patrick who played at Clarksville and won a State Championship are playing their best basketball of the year.Coach Johnson made a great hire in putting Patrick in charge of the Basketball program at Teague.

D Pat is one heck of a coach and has this Lions team playing really good at this time. Coach Johnson has made all the right hires and with 2 more coaching spots to fill I can't wait to see who he hires. It's a great day to be a Teague Lion

Just looking at scores I'd say Jarrell takes this one by 15-20...Teague was just starting basketball the first time they played but Jarrell didn't have their best player who averaged 20+ ppg last season...Teague will have the edge on athletism but Jarrell will just be too big and too fundamental for them to handle.

It won't be long till we find out. I know Tatum will be gone real soon :)

Real soon wasn't tonight. Our boys were able to knock off the #1 ranked team in the state 60-49. But all roads lead to White Oak who has beat us twice this year.

Jarrell is good, but if they ever run into Tatum they'll get run into the ground. They haven't played anything like Tatum & don't have the stamina to hold up against that pressure. Just because they have size and good post play won't mean jack. Look at what Tatum did to Aransas Pass. The best defense against a good post game? Ball pressure. Nobody does it better than the Eagles. Jarrell's guards won't be thinking about anything other then the defender that's guarding them. I think Tatum would win that one by 15

If we get past Crockett we get the winner of Jarrell/Franklin. Personally a little redemption on Franklin would be nice from football season, lol. But as much as I've heard about Jarrell....I'd like to see us sqaure off with them as well to see how they would stack up against our defense. Our bigs hold their own. Aransas Pass has 6'9 and 6'8 down low and our 6'4 and 6'3 banged down low with them all night and we got the win. Yanci is 6'7 and 6'3 Cole Hughes banged with him all night and limited him about as much as you could. I have full faith in Cole Hughes and Jahee johnson down low. But Crockett is first, one game at a time.