1A Div 1 Region 3

rubberhammer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are two teams better than Grapeland still left in this region. They'll play each other tonight.

Enlighten us please

I think there are two teams better than Grapeland still left in this region. They'll play each other tonight.

Enlighten us please

Grapeland or Tenaha wins the region. As for Austin, Triple A will win the state title due to the fact that the UIL is allowing them to compete in spite of the fact that they recruit along the same lines of a college football coach.

On the top half you have 3 vs unranked (but just beat 5) and 6 vs 14...on the bottom half you have 9 vs 11 and 8 vs unranked. I think each match-up has at least 1 team capable of winning the region. Either way, its going to be a doozy of a regional tournament.

At this time in the playoffs, you can throw rankings out the window. Who the teams played to get them prepared is more important than a gaudy won-loss record and a high ranking. An unranked girls team won Class A, Region 4 due to playing a tough schedule. They beat the #3 team and two other highly-ranked teams.

Grapeland or Tenaha wins the region. As for Austin, Triple A will win the state title due to the fact that the UIL is allowing them to compete in spite of the fact that they recruit along the same lines of a college football coach.

Would love to see another Grapeland/SA Matchup...but we gotta get through Kerens first!

Grapeland should win it. Big Sandy is very good. SA and Kerens have the athletes. I think the winner of Grapeland / BS wins the region. If SA gets in the late game situation again like last night they will be out. The three teams left are too good for them to be on auto pilot for 3 and half quarters and then turn it on at the end. BS shoots the ball as a team better than anyone ive seen in a long time and once they get you spread out they start cutting and shooting lay ups. Kerens made the big dance last year, in a weaker region, but they will not be a team to overlook. Should be a great weekend.

What happened to the mighty Cayuga team???

Got caught on an off night by a scrappy Mart team. I don't think Mart wins eight of 10 meetings against Cayuga, but they got their win at the right time. Mart has some players, and some guys that don't mind banging in the paint. They got a little frustrated at the end of the Grapeland game, and got a little physical, but played hard basketball from start to finish.