Cayuga lefty

dirtysteve

Whatever happened to the Cayuga lefty that graduated a couple of years ago? I heard he had arm problems out of high school. Haven't heard anything since. Is he still playing anywhere?

Gunnar Thompson..He is at North East Texas Community College. If I'm not mistaken he red-shirted his first year and should play this year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Saw him pitch against Grayson, they really roughed him up. He did strike out the last two he faced that game. Grayson has some studs at the plate. Coach said they are keeping his innings down until the arm is up to full strength. They said he had been doing well up until that game. Only other time I saw him was against Hill College and he looked pretty sharp shutting them down. NTCC has a darn good righty in Greg Millhorn, who transferred in from Arkansas. The Eagles need to get their bats going though. They graduated a lot of infielders who were good hitters.

Up until the Grayson game Gunnar's era was 2.65. He was not hitting his spots and they made him pay, scoring 7 runs in 3 innings. He started against them the next week and gave up 3 runs in 3 innings. Grayson was then ranked #2 in the nation (now #10) His dad told me his next start will be Friday night against LSU at Eunice, who is rated #1 in the nation in Dii. He has a long way to go, but anyone who knows him knows his work ethic. He is getting starts against some really good teams, so it is trial by fire.

rubberhammer, stats are not up to date, those HR's were in one game against one of the best hitting teams in the country. Kid is coming off a major arm surgery and working his way back. You always had a problem with him and don't know why. If you are the dummy from Athens, or the idiot from Lufkin, we could sure meet and get it sorted out.

Easy rangerfan, like I told you on the phone, rubberhammer is still bitter that the kid he is so fond of received such little interest and ended up going to a second rate school on a 30% deal. Gunnar had a very good fall ending up with 32 innings and around 2.35 era. He got lit up against Grayson. It happens. Grayson then went to Seminole State who has a pitching staff rated as number 1 in D1 JUCO and really lit them up also. He has been off the mound for over two years, so we are very happy, as is his coaches, with his progress. Returning after this surgery is a process, and Gunnar is ahead of schedule. Many thanks to Coach Branch, Coach Casey, and Dr. Conway, who fixed what the quack doctors in Tyler completely missed.

Easy rangerfan, like I told you on the phone, rubberhammer is still bitter that the kid he is so fond of received such little interest and ended up going to a second rate school on a 30% deal. Gunnar had a very good fall ending up with 32 innings and around 2.35 era. He got lit up against Grayson. It happens. Grayson then went to Seminole State who has a pitching staff rated as number 1 in D1 JUCO and really lit them up also. He has been off the mound for over two years, so we are very happy, as is his coaches, with his progress. Returning after this surgery is a process, and Gunnar is ahead of schedule. Many thanks to Coach Branch, Coach Casey, and Dr. Conway, who fixed what the quack doctors in Tyler completely missed.

Oh, I forgot NETCC spits out prospects left and right.

And that would still be 2 more years of college ball that you will ever see strikeout33, ha ha. Instead of putting other peoples kids down, if people would encourage their own kids to work harder, keep them in church, and not let them run around and drinking and partying, they would have young men they could be proud of instead of ear ring wearing, pants around their knees thugs. Never seen an area where people's own jealousy makes them go after kids who are trying to make something of themselves. Pretty sad. That is the main reason so many of the kids end up in trouble, their parents do not set standards for their kids. Not going to argue anymore with the kids on here, this is directed at the parents. If you have a problem with what I said, I live right down from Cayuga school and am easy to find.

Well, With all do respect I'm not going to change my opinion of him just because your on the board. I never dogged him as a kid, I've never meet him. I'm sure he's a great kid who believes in all that blah blah that you talked about above. BUT, He's flat out not very good. He was a very good high school pitcher who pitched in a terrible 1A conference and took advantage of it. Had some arm problems, which I never like to hear of, and also got to see some college hitters and realized what real baseball is. It's called reality, not jealously. I'm not jealous of someone who did less then what I accomplished in my career. I hope he's a smart kid, because its time to focus on a profession. And honestly, I could care less where you live. I'm sure your never there anyway. Your most likely in Mt Pleasant everyday lying to your kid telling him how good he is.

I hate the kid got hurt. Don't wish that on anyone. I just remember 3 or 4 years ago all the talk about him and I was just never that impressed with him. As someone said he was good for 1a but I didn't think he would enjoy the same success in college. Matter of fact I thought he would struggle. Bnut stated that he was the second best lefty in the country at 1 time behind a kid at Florida state. Anyways good luck to the young man

Odds are stacked against Gunnar. He comes from a small school and didn't even pitch a single game his senior year. But he's a gamer and I loved watching him play. Always hustled and gave 110%. He may not make it in the world of sports, but he has good family support and great character and will no doubt be a success in life.