16-3A baseball

z2t4

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see the Buckeyes losing momentum going into the playoffs, losing 3 of the last 4. They need to get that swagger back if they are to make any noise in the playoffs.

They won the game that mattered the most. If you go back and look at those last 4 games, only 2 of them really meant anything.

Spring Hill is probably playing better than any other team in the district right now.

White Oak threw one of their top pitchers while we threw 4 or 5 different guys to get them some more work in.

They played and won a tough game against Bullard that clinched the District Championship.

Although it was a district game, the game last night against Kilgore really had no meaning to either team. Kilgore threw their ace Coldiron while Gilmer's #3 or #4 pitcher, Skylar Hollis pitched and threw a pretty good game from what I could tell.

While I hate to see them lose those games, I don't think it's a whole lot to worry about right now. They have a few warm-up games coming up starting with Queen City tonight.

They won the game that mattered the most. If you go back and look at those last 4 games, only 2 of them really meant anything.

Spring Hill is probably playing better than any other team in the district right now.

White Oak threw one of their top pitchers while we threw 4 or 5 different guys to get them some more work in.

They played and won a tough game against Bullard that clinched the District Championship.

Although it was a district game, the game last night against Kilgore really had no meaning to either team. Kilgore threw their ace Coldiron while Gilmer's #3 or #4 pitcher, Skylar Hollis pitched and threw a pretty good game from what I could tell.

While I hate to see them lose those games, I don't think it's a whole lot to worry about right now. They have a few warm-up games coming up starting with Queen City tonight.

Yeah, I realize all that. It still plants seeds of doubt when you lose a few games late in the season. Momentum is tough to regain once you start losing it. This Buckeye team can beat anybody out there on any given night, and I absolutely love their chances in a series. The one game playoff scenario is the only thing that worries me, because there's not a true "ace" on the staff. They do have at least 4 good pitchers that can throw a gem of a game on any day (or night), though.

Bullard vs Van; Thurs 7:00; Driller Park - 1 game

Spring Hill vs. Mineola; Friday 7:00; Driller Park - 1 game

From what I have seen this year, I think you will see more 1 gamers than in previous years.

Bullard 4 vs. Van 3

UIL does it again... State track meet same weekend as playoff's in baseball...

Not UIL's fault...our school has held nineteen days of state testing to date this semester with next week still to go...cant schedule games on test days by rule....so wanna gripe talk with legislature who put these tests on us