11 2a D 1 predictions for the 2013 football season

player73

What are yall's thoughts on this district in 2013 ? Franklin took this district last year and went all the way to the Regional Quarterfinals before losing to Newton.Teague was second and lost to Newton as well in the Area finals.The other playoff team Trinity was knocked out in the first round.Crockett and Westwood had disappointing seasons with Elkhart bringing up the rear but has one of the top runners in the district returning.Franklin and Teague again IMO should be the top two teams as I think Teague will come out on top this year.Teague returns all-state QB Austin Skinner and all-state WR Aaron Mitchell who both are sophs and will enter their Jr. years as leaders of the Lions.The Lions lost a good core of Srs as four have signed to play college ball next year but Lion fans are excited about the young talent that will replace them.The Lions in Coach Daniel Johnson second year should be a lot better and look for the Lions to be more physical in the upcoming season.

With a new DC in Teague the defense will change. I see a better overall O line so the run game will be stronger. The most important reason the Teague Lions will win this district is because of Coach Johnson's offseason program. It's a great day to be a Teague Lion.

come on man get off that stuff,38-30 and they had yall beat man a bunch of freshmen dude and you really dont think they are not going to improve at all during the off season.

Get off the gas with all that young poop cause we was just as young. Yalls game was one of them trap games and we made it out of there with a win. You talking about y'all gonna improve but what happen the next week after our game when y'all played Westwood well that was the real Crockett team. Come watch the 8th grade game next year it will be a lot of fun well for us anyway.

Here is my quick rundown of the district. (Teams ordered according to 2012 finish)

1. Franklin - Replacing two All-State running backs is tough, especially with amount of sheer production they will lose from those two. Still, Franklin has probably the best coach in the district and a system in place where they players are set up to succeed. I expect a little drop-off overall, but I still think they are a playoff team.

2. Teague - The biggest thing that Teague has going for them is their coach coming back. Instead of learning a new system and staff, the players will be familiar with the guys already, and the players will be able to step in and pick up where they left off. With Skinner and Mitchell back, they should put up big numbers again. A playoff team and early favorite to win the district.

3. Trinity - Trinity was a surprise team last year, riding their defense into the playoffs. With a lot of players coming back, they should be in the thick of things agian. They do lose a couple of key players (Alexander, Davis, Currie, and Ross), but there was a lot of young talent that stepped up late. They will need more offense this year, but will be back in the playoff hunt.

4. Crockett - Nowhere to go but up for Crockett. Not a lot of seniors lost, and a lot of players coming back. They bring back one of the best running backs in the district in AJ Phillips, along with a few other talented young players. They should be much improved and in the playoff hunt, but will have to prove it on the field first.

5. Elkhart - Elkhart has probably the best player in the district in Jeffery Wilson, but the problem comes in that there isn't much of a supporting cast around him. The defense was good last year, and a good defense and strong running game can carry a team a long way. If they can add another weapon or two offensively, they could make a little noise as well.

6. Westwood - Like Crockett, there is nowhere to go but up for the Panthers. They had one of the most dynamic players in the district in Keke Hicks, but couldn't get anything to work on either side of the ball. There is a lot of young talent on the field for Westwood, but it may be another year before they are in the playoff hunt. Losing a lot of key players to graduation will hurt.

Here is my quick rundown of the district. (Teams ordered according to 2012 finish)

1. Franklin - Replacing two All-State running backs is tough, especially with amount of sheer production they will lose from those two. Still, Franklin has probably the best coach in the district and a system in place where they players are set up to succeed. I expect a little drop-off overall, but I still think they are a playoff team.

2. Teague - The biggest thing that Teague has going for them is their coach coming back. Instead of learning a new system and staff, the players will be familiar with, the players will be able to step in and pick up where they left off. With Skinner and Mitchell back, they should put up big numbers again. A playoff team and early favorite to win the district.

3. Trinity - Trinity was a surprise team last year, riding their defense into the playoffs. With a lot of players coming back, they should be in the thick of things agian. They do lose a couple of key players (Alexander, Davis, Currie, and Ross), but there was a lot of young talent that stepped up late. They will need more offense this year, but will be back in the playoff hunt.

4. Crockett - Nowhere to go but up for Crockett. Not a lot of seniors lost, and a lot of players coming back. They bring back one of the best running backs in the district in AJ Phillips, along with a few other talented young players. They should be much improved and in the playoff hunt, but will have to prove it on the field first.

5. Elkhart - Elkhart has probably the best player in the district in Jeffery Wilson, but the problem comes in that there isn't much of a supporting cast around him. The defense was good last year, and a good defense and strong running game can carry a team a long way. If they can add another weapon or two offensively, they could make a little noise as well.

6. Westwood - Like Crockett, there is nowhere to go but up for the Panthers. They had one of the most dynamic players in the district in Keke Hicks, but couldn't get anything to work on either side of the ball. There is a lot of young talent on the field for Westwood, but it may be another year before they are in the playoff hunt. Losing a lot of key players to graduation will hurt.

:)

What are yall's thoughts on this district in 2013 ? Franklin took this district last year and went all the way to the Regional Quarterfinals before losing to Newton.Teague was second and lost to Newton as well in the Area finals.The other playoff team Trinity was knocked out in the first round.Crockett and Westwood had disappointing seasons with Elkhart bringing up the rear but has one of the top runners in the district returning.

Wasn't Elkhart in contention for the third place spot last year. I thought if they beat Trinity, there would have been a 3-way tie with them possibly taking the spot. They lost of course but Westwood brought up the rear and had a real disappointing season after the drop to 2A.

Wasn't Elkhart in contention for the third place spot last year. I thought if they beat Trinity, there would have been a 3-way tie with them possibly taking the spot. They lost of course but Westwood brought up the rear and had a real disappointing season after the drop to 2A.

If Elkhart beat Trinity and Westwood beat Crockett, Elkhart would have been in the playoffs instead of Trinity. Westwood did their part, but Elkhart couldn't get their offense going against Trinity. I see five out of six teams contending for a playoff spot this year.

1.Franklin

2. Teague

and the all the rest.

Crockett beat Elkhart

Elkhart Beat Westwood

Westwood beat Crockett

Trinty beat CHS by 3, EHS by 8, WHS by 10. Thats 21 point combined. Not to mention Shack and the other studs on defense are gone.

Which ever 2 of the other 4 that plays the best defense will be in the playoffs

Here is my 2013 ranking of the district.

1. Teague - With the best coaching staff in the state and alot of talent coming back I see a district title with a deep playoff run.. With a very good offseason program the kids are looking great and getting that no quit in their bodies from the Jr High on up..

2. Franklin

3. Trinity

4. Crockett

5. Elkhart

6. Westwood

Homegrown. Teague's coaching staff did a solid job this past year, but one playoff win and you are giving them the title of "Best Staff in the State. Bet, Franklin coaches are rolling on the ground laughing. WOW. Not to mention the Newton Staff.

Same with Cameron Yoe, Daingerfield, and Tatum...and that is just the 2A schools.

Teague has a good staff in place, but not the best in the state. I appreciate the enthusiasm though.

2. Teague - The biggest thing that Teague has going for them is their coach coming back. Instead of learning a new system and staff, the players will be familiar with the guys already, and the players will be able to step in and pick up where they left off. With Skinner and Mitchell back, they should put up big numbers again. A playoff team and early favorite to win the district.

+ 1 , Great rundown of the district.

Franklin will be tough again......Tradition (coaching) speaks volumes. Kids are hard nose year in and year out.

Teague is favored to win district. But won't go "deep" unless their defense improves dramatically. QB is off the chain. Fan base is off their rocker.

Crockett is just Crockett. Talented. Undisciplined. Could go 10-0, 0-10 or not have a team at all. They have a lot of young talent.

Elkhart has a chance if they can stop any kind of running game. They stopped no kind last year. Great RB.

Trinity lost a lot. I don't think they will make playoffs. If they do it might be 4th spot.

Westwood had a rough time in 2a football their 1st year. I suspect hey will have a rougher time next go round. No excuses.

Predictions: 1st Teague; 2nd Elkhart; 3rd Franklin; 4th Crockett; 5th........who cares.

Franklin will be tough again......Tradition (coaching) speaks volumes. Kids are hard nose year in and year out.

Teague is favored to win district. But won't go "deep" unless their defense improves dramatically. QB is off the chain. Fan base is off their rocker.

Crockett is just Crockett. Talented. Undisciplined. Could go 10-0, 0-10 or not have a team at all. They have a lot of young talent.

Elkhart has a chance if they can stop any kind of running game. They stopped no kind last year. Great RB.

Trinity lost a lot. I don't think they will make playoffs. If they do it might be 4th spot.

Westwood had a rough time in 2a football their 1st year. I suspect hey will have a rougher time next go round. No excuses.

Predictions: 1st Teague; 2nd Elkhart; 3rd Franklin; 4th Crockett; 5th........who cares.

Bold pick for Elkhart but i like it. The Wilson kid is a super star just hope he gets help this year!

Teague D will b the question whether they make a deep playoff run or not. I'm a Teague fan but that defense wasnt a Teague defense hope they take more pride in it this year bc we do have the best QB in 2A an maybe even in other classification. Along with amazing WR running game will be better also!

Franklin is Franklin well coached great hard nose kids they are the favorite to win it all till someone knocks them off. Just how it is when you are the defending champs.

Crockett will be a force again I believe won't have same year as last

Westwood if they can find some help for keke will be a good team but just to many good teams in this district

Trinity good defense coach has em rolling food to see em back winning again and I believe will continue.

Franklin

Teague

Crockett

Trinity

Elkhart

Westwood

But I'm hoping my lions win district

Elkhart an trinity give Crockett there best and let the chips fall how they gunna!