• Los Angeles Clippers
    • Los Angeles Lakers
    • Memphis Grizziles
    • Miami Heat
    • Milwaukee Bucks
    • New York Knicks
    • Oklahoma City Thunder
    • San Antonio Spurs

I ref basketball so I'm intrigued by what you mean. What did you consider a foul when lebron drove and green stripped him? Was there body contact or did he hit his arm? From what I remember, Green was backpedalling and knocked the ball out.

Before that, though, lebron drove the lane and initiated contact with Splitter who had his hands straight up. However, he was slightly leaning forward to block the shot and a foul was called correctly. He barely messed with his shot, but technically it affected the attempt.

The foul on Green should have been called IMO. It completely changed his shot and he was awarded nowhere to land.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ref basketball so I'm intrigued by what you mean. What did you consider a foul when lebron drove and green stripped him? Was there body contact or did he hit his arm? From what I remember, Green was backpedalling and knocked the ball out.

Before that, though, lebron drove the lane and initiated contact with Splitter who had his hands straight up. However, he was slightly leaning forward to block the shot and a foul was called correctly. He barely messed with his shot, but technically it affected the attempt.

The foul on Green should have been called IMO. It completely changed his shot and he was awarded nowhere to land.

I agree on this play. I never thought that play was a foul either.

My point on Lebron/Green was consistency, sometimes they call fouls if there is any contact when a player is driving, other times they don't. I personally think it's stupid a player can draw a foul by leaning towards the defender, but it is a foul. Just saying officials #### in the NBA haha

How did Bosh change Greens shot besides putting his hand on the ball? You could say he never even got his shot off because Bosh had his hand on the ball before it even left his hands. IMO, as soon as the hand makes contact with the ball, shots dead and anything goes on the way down. Nothing that happens with the shooter after the release, or attempt there of, is going to change if that ball goes in or not. Plus he was in the narrowest spot in the court. There isn't much space to land if Bosh wasn't even there!

If Bosh hadn't lunged at Green with all that momentum he might not have blocked the shot. You can't just excuse all the body contact. The rules say body contact is also a foul. If you are going to call it at other times, you have to call it on that play. If not, change the rules.

If Bosh hadn't lunged at Green with all that momentum he might not have blocked the shot. You can't just excuse all the body contact. The rules say body contact is also a foul. If you are going to call it at other times, you have to call it on that play. If not, change the rules.

Either way, let's not pretend that was the only missed call that game, this series, this playoffs, this season, ever. It wasn't and probably 60% of fouls are called correctly, 30 are missed and 10 shouldn't have been called or were called incorrectly

Spurs blew that one.

@BillPlaschke: Almost any other coach but Pop would be ripped for the last moments of regulation and OT..no Duncan, no Parker, no sense

So true. Not denying he may be the best coach in the league, but those make no sense. I'm not sure which was worse. Not having Duncan in TWICE for rebounds or not having your #1 threat at the end of the game. I'm a big Pop fan but this was about as bad as it can get for decisions made in the last 30 seconods by a coach. Unbelievable. Put that with the missed freethrows by your best shooters (Parker & Ginobli) and the Spurs possibly took the championship right out of their own hands

You lost me at short season.

last year they lost $ on the short season, didn't make it up with the 5 game finals last year, gotta squeeze as much outta this season as they can. I think only one playoff game last year went 7 games.

Ran over him? Green falls to the ground with the force behind Bosh pushing the ball down at the same time Green is trying to shoot it. After Green falls, Bosh looks to be walking the other way. Not sure where in this clip Bosh supposedly 'ran over him'?

Agree. Old school "stuffed"

last year they lost $ on the short season, didn't make it up with the 5 game finals last year, gotta squeeze as much outta this season as they can. I think only one playoff game last year went 7 games.

Not true revenue at record level last season

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-revenue.ap/index.html#$/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-revenue.ap/index.html

How do you you "fix" Allen's game tying shot???? Stop it!!

Not true revenue at record level last season

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-revenue.ap/index.html#$/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-revenue.ap/index.html

How do you you "fix" Allen's game tying shot???? Stop it!!

By getting Pop to pull Tim? Yes true, your article does not give numbers for the short 2011-2012 season....Stern estimated that THIS season would be record revenues, the first paragraph of that article [dated 11-13-12] says in plain english:

NBA Commissioner David Stern estimates revenue will be a record $5 billion in the current season, an increase of about 20 percent from the league's last full season in 2010-11.

By getting Pop to pull Tim?

because a 5 will guard a 2 in that situation. now go sit in the corner you re on timeout.

because a 5 will guard a 2 in that situation. now go sit in the corner you re on timeout.

Ideally, however Tim was having his best game of the series IMO. Don't get mad at me because this is turning into the Rangers in the WS all over again.

Ideally, however Tim was having his best game of the series IMO. Don't get mad at me because this is turning into the Rangers in the WS all over again.

I keep hearing people say that and I gotta say, I disagree. Tim Duncan had his best HALF (first half) of this series, but he was shut down in the 2nd half...5 points, 0 in the 4th. Even most of his 17 rebounds came in the 1st half. Are we gonna say LeBron had his best game of the series too just because of one quarter (the 4th)?

Well I ain't gonna say the Spurs lost because the Heat is the better team or blame the refs.

...so it was "fixed" because the NBA, a 5 BILLION dollar organization, "needs the money"...gotta call BS

To play devils advocate...If Duncan was in maybe Bosh doesn't get the offensive rebound...

Maybe.....but dude is implying that the NBA (Stern) had Pop pull Duncan so Bosch would get the rebound, kick it out to Allen, so he could hit a stepback 3 to tie the game.....make a free throw and the Spurs are champs!

Maybe.....but dude is implying that the NBA (Stern) had Pop pull Duncan so Bosch would get the rebound, kick it out to Allen, so he could hit a stepback 3 to tie the game.....make a free throw and the Spurs are champs!

Remember, the Angel of Stern is everywhere and controls everything.