San Augustine Stadium Update (photos included)

TxFight

Stadium construction is coming along quite nice!! Everything is completely gone from the old complex, including the tree line that ran behind the visiting bleachers. Turf they say could be starting to show up in the next week or two.

photo1.jpg

This photo is standing on the far end away from the school, close to HWY 147 looking towards the discus and shot area which is on the home side end

photo2.jpg

this is in that same spot looking back towards the school

photo3.jpg

This is standing on the 50 yard line on the slab of the home bleachers looking back towards the school

photo4.jpg

Same spot as 3rd picture, looking out towards visiting bleachers. You can see baseball field (across hwy 147) in the background, which you used to not be able to do from the school.

WOW!!!!! Will they still have the "downward" slope toward the scoreboard????...lol....kids always said if they won the toss wanted to face the scoreboard 1st quarter so they could "run faster"......some of the old stadiums in East Texas are "leaving us" for better digs....use to always laugh at the "old stadium" in Timpson...had school desks NAILED on the light poles for "observation" decks!!!!!...yes I am OLD!!!!!!

WOW!!!!! Will they still have the "downward" slope toward the scoreboard????...lol....kids always said if they won the toss wanted to face the scoreboard 1st quarter so they could "run faster"......some of the old stadiums in East Texas are "leaving us" for better digs....use to always laugh at the "old stadium" in Timpson...had school desks NAILED on the light poles for "observation" decks!!!!!...yes I am OLD!!!!!!

Remember the "cliff" at the backline of the endzone in I think Shelbyville? :lol:

I see they didn't haul off any of that red dirt, lol, that stuff has stained alot of uniforms and shoes in its day! Congrats to SA on the new stadium!

no need to worry about the red dirt now! In all seriousness though they moved a HUMONGOUS amount of dirt to get the pad for the stadium

Must have put most of it on the north side to even out the playing surface...lol....now if they would just put the visiting dressing rooms ELSEWHERE than in the gym and have the players walk thru the home fans to get to the field...then Walter Key(if he is still there) has done a GREAT JOB...lol....

Must have put most of it on the north side to even out the playing surface...lol....now if they would just put the visiting dressing rooms ELSEWHERE than in the gym and have the players walk thru the home fans to get to the field...then Walter Key(if he is still there) has done a GREAT JOB...lol....

Your wish is San Augustine's command haha the visitors will have a dressing room in the new field house and will enter on the correct side of the stadium. They will be separated from SA's locker room by a 5000ish sq ft weight room in the field house. Visitor fans and home fans will enter on seperate sides of the field house, have seperate bathrooms and concession stands as well all attached to the field house structure.

In the field house there is a varsity locker room, Jv locker room (junior high has a brand new locker room facility to themselves just finished) laundry room, training room on one side. Coaches offices and weight room in the middle, and then equipment rooms, officials locker room, and visiting locker room on the other side.

WOW!!!!!!...sounds like SA is coming up in the world......the old way...thru the big gate...thru the home crowd...past the concession stand.....then "down the hillside slope" to the visitor's side.....way tooooo many memories of that place...Also remember the OLD stadium in Alto on Elkhart highway.....the changing room...couldn't call it a dressing room...not enough room!!!!...lol.....and the "circut" pole right behind the goal post....we had a kid kick a fieldgoal that hit the "box"...lights went out!!!!

2-3 yrs later....had a kid kick an extra point on the other side while a timber truck was driving by and we "lost" the ball...well it died.....truck ran over it!!!!

Txfight.....SA should be very proud of their new surroundings

• 3 weeks later...

Not the entire surface of the track, but the foundation and asphalt surface is yes. Here any day now (has to wait for surface to cure) the turf and track should start rocking and rolling. Perimeter walls are starting to go up on the field house as well.

• 4 weeks later...

July 8th everything will be rocking and rolling, home bleachers, turf, fencing everything. Pressbox structure is already up. Track painting is being finished this week. Still a long ways to go on the field house and band hall structure though. Will be surprised if they play Deweyville there for the first home game. If I was a betting man id say Tenaha is the first varsity game in the stadium

More updates....scoreboard is up

The way SA been doing lately with Hubbard at the helm......they might need to make sure that the "lights" on the scoreboard are L.E.D. for long wear and "luminosity".....Have seen a BIG turnaround since Coach Hubbard got there....ALTHOUGH.......from the pictures.....new is in....I will have to get use to the "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD"....lol.....GREAT JOB SA!!!!!....looking good...

Looks great, it's going to be a very nice stadium! Last time I was at y'all's field was in 09' and it was raining bad. There was a 12" deep creek running from under the visitor's bleachers! I'm sure Newton and S.A. will be back in the same district in the future. Can't wait to see the new place.