most beautiful stadium in East Texas

budmanmpfan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbit Stadium in Atlanta is gorgeous. You can't beat the setting with the home side dug into the side of the hill and the huge pine trees (I think they're lines anyway) surrounding the stadium on all sides. The visitor bleachers need to be taller, IMO, but you can't beat the view there - especially when the sun is setting just before kickoff. One of my favorite stadiums to coach in, of course being undefeated there doesn't hurt my opinion of it.

Rabbit Stadium in Atlanta is gorgeous. You can't beat the setting with the home side dug into the side of the hill and the huge pine trees (I think they're lines anyway) surrounding the stadium on all sides. The visitor bleachers need to be taller, IMO, but you can't beat the view there - especially when the sun is setting just before kickoff. One of my favorite stadiums to coach in, of course being undefeated there doesn't hurt my opinion of it.

Agree. Great place to watch a game on any Friday night.

Another vote for Atlanta. Out of all those listed so far Atlanta is head and shoulders above them all.

And nothing against the fine folks at Gilmer, while you are obviously one of the best programs in the state with great fans your stadium is WAY below average. You cannot put enough bandaids on that thing to make it nice. Y'all need to start over. No disrespect intended like I said I have nothing but respect for your program.

;)

Another vote for Atlanta. Out of all those listed so far Atlanta is head and shoulders above them all.

And nothing against the fine folks at Gilmer, while you are obviously one of the best programs in the state with great fans your stadium is WAY below average. You cannot put enough bandaids on that thing to make it nice. Y'all need to start over. No disrespect intended like I said I have nothing but respect for your program.

Atlanta does have a beautiful setting for a stadium, but as far as being the nicest, it's nowhere near being the nicest.

I've always liked Gladewater's Jack V. Murphy/Bear Stadium, but it's really too small on the visitor's side.

Lobo Stadium is nice, but it is too cramped with all the chairback seats--not enough elbow room for us wide folk, and their visitor's side is not exactly user friendly, nor is the parking. One thing is for sure, though, Lobo Stadium has THE best sound system in all of East Texas by a long shot!

I like Carthage's stadium, too, but the parking is not the best.

Tatum's stadium is nice, too, for a smaller stadium.

Overall, I'd definitely have to say that TMF Rose Stadium is the nicest. Roomy, decent parking, accessible concessions and restrooms, and good viewing angles makes it my favorite away stadium in East Texas.

Buckeye Stadium is a nice stadium, and is 51 years old, but it's just not too user friendly or hospitable for opponents. As far as viewing angles and atmosphere, it ranks at the top for me. Of course, I'm a homer, too. ;) The parking definitely could be better, however. All the "bandaids" are making it much nicer, and "average" it is not. Have you seen the new revamped and rebuilt homeside stands and pressbox? There's a picture on another thread if you want to view it. It's state of the art. It's still a nicer stadium than Atlanta's in my opinion --- just not in as picturesque of an environment.

Mike Carter would be a lot better if they would but those fences in front of the dugouts in 1/2...I understand the purpose, but I am not sure why they are so tall. Cut them down to leaning on height and make them look nicer. It is a shame that TISD has messed with such a nice park by installing awkward fencing.

;)

Atlanta does have a beautiful setting for a stadium, but as far as being the nicest, it's nowhere near being the nicest.

I've always liked Gladewater's Jack V. Murphy/Bear Stadium, but it's really too small on the visitor's side.

Lobo Stadium is nice, but it is too cramped with all the chairback seats--not enough elbow room for us wide folk, and their visitor's side is not exactly user friendly, nor is the parking. One thing is for sure, though, Lobo Stadium has THE best sound system in all of East Texas by a long shot!

I like Carthage's stadium, too, but the parking is not the best.

Tatum's stadium is nice, too, for a smaller stadium.

Overall, I'd definitely have to say that TMF Rose Stadium is the nicest. Roomy, decent parking, accessible concessions and restrooms, and good viewing angles makes it my favorite away stadium in East Texas.

Buckeye Stadium is a nice stadium, and is 51 years old, but it's just not too user friendly or hospitable for opponents. As far as viewing angles and atmosphere, it ranks at the top for me. Of course, I'm a homer, too. ;) The parking definitely could be better, however. All the "bandaids" are making it much nicer, and "average" it is not. Have you seen the new revamped and rebuilt homeside stands and pressbox? There's a picture on another thread if you want to view it. It's state of the art. It's still a nicer stadium than Atlanta's in my opinion --- just not in as picturesque of an environment.

The topic was "Most Beautiful" not nicest. But when it comes to "nice" Gilmers homeside restrooms alone knock them out of contention, not to even mention their pressbox. If they are getting those things fixed kudos to them.

But once again, no disrespect to Gilmer or anywhere else, but in my humble opinion the most beautiful stadium in East Texas is Atlanta. You could clone Atlanta's stadium and replace the current Gilmer facility with it and Atlanta would STILL have a more beautiful stadium. Whoever designed that place with the hills and leaving the Pine Trees in place is a master architect. Gilmers location is not very "aesthetic", sorry but an old school behind one endzone and a bus barn across the street just make it less than "beautiful". Gilmer has plenty to be proud of but stadium beauty and ambiance is not one of them. Nothing personal just the way I see it.

I had forgotten about Gladewater, it too is a nice place.

Buffalo's new digs are pretty nice

Can't go wrong with Rose, Lobo, or Gladewater.

All Saints has really good looking facilities for a small school.

Never thought I would see Buffalo with new facilities like they have.Should be proud.