the worst highschool stadium in east texas

NODAYSOFFTX

Yes, this is the same problem we have had in Gilmer (generations of family and groups of friends holding season reserved tickets forever, long waiting list, none available), but hopefully after this next week, there will be a reasonable and equitable resolution to the season reserved ticket problems you see everywhere ... empty seats and no way for others to easily fill those seats when the primary holders are not able to attend or simple choose not to go to the game any particular week. There have been some good recommendations and I'm hoping they get it right, since they have the golden opportunity now that the home side has been completely replaced with more reserved seating and the layout is requiring the review of everyone's seat assignments. At least we have hope at the moment. If they don't get it right, oh well, we are still just like everybody else.

One new rule...Orange Seats will omly be held for a maximum of 14 generations,

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so true.... but to the apparent non-Pit-fan's point above... he is more than welcome to bring his lawn chair and watch from the hill. I don't happen to recall the padded seats or the wait staff that comes to your seat in the 5 or 6 rows of visitor's seats at his place either... or the parking.... or the decent visitor's dressing room... or any kind of a press box from which to coach from (really good playing surface though). But.... one's man trash can is another's palace. I'll take mine against all of them. Lucky for us, we don't care if he doesn't like our place....

Please explain to me how bad visitor seating is a home field advantage? Are the players worried about their fans and can't concentrate on the game? From what I seen the opposing teames still bring fans, albeit uncomfortable fans. While we're on home field advantage, there is no such thing in high school football in east tx.

Please explain to me how bad visitor seating is a home field advantage? Are the players worried about their fans and can't concentrate on the game? From what I seen the opposing teames still bring fans, albeit uncomfortable fans. While we're on home field advantage, there is no such thing in high school football in east tx.

Many Gilmer fans (me and my homeys included) did not attend the Prestonwood game last year due to seating (lack thereof). Yes, some fans attended, but nothing like normal ... advantage Prestonwood (not that they needed it last year).

Worst b-ball gym goes to Tatum's practice gym, we don't even use it since we have 3 other gyms...and that's just on the high school campus..lol

Can't wait to see what that building looks like when they are finished.

Many Gilmer fans (me and my homeys included) did not attend the Prestonwood game last year due to seating (lack thereof). Yes, some fans attended, but nothing like normal ... advantage Prestonwood (not that they needed it last year).

Oh ok point taken on the crowd. I still say there is no such thing as homefield advantage in east texas. Fans are way too polite and not as rabid as you would fine in other areas. I'm sure someone will know of an instance but I've never heard of an instance where the visiting QB had to call timeout due to crowd noise in east tx. Hey I went to school in Carthage and it sure want happen there EVER, even if the fans filled up both home and away sides.

Well I lean up on fence most of the time anyway, so as long as the people are respectful I could care less what stands look like. I played foosball in south louisana , skeeters ain't too bad up here

And I've played in ankle deep mud many times

Builds character, and cowpatty's are the smell of money, what makes a stadium good or bad are as follows

1) good people

2) good food

3)good facility ( John )

We fail on the good food (we do have a great Chcik-fil-A) & good facilities for the visting side...sorry...so you won't suffer, we try to make your stay short.

Oh ok point taken on the crowd. I still say there is no such thing as homefield advantage in east texas. Fans are way too polite and not as rabid as you would fine in other areas. I'm sure someone will know of an instance but I've never heard of an instance where the visiting QB had to call timeout due to crowd noise in east tx. Hey I went to school in Carthage and it sure want happen there EVER, even if the fans filled up both home and away sides.

I'd agree with you about the crowd rarely affecting opposing teams, but there is still definitely an element of home field advantage. Teams feed off energy from their crowd, which is hard to generate with the smaller road crowds. There's also the element of having your schedule thrown off by riding a bus instead of staying at the field house, playing in an unfamiliar environment, and dealing with bad visitor facilities in a lot of places (basically every team on this thread). It's mostly mental, but homefield advantage definitely exists in East Texas, just like anywhere else.

I'd agree with you about the crowd rarely affecting opposing teams, but there is still definitely an element of home field advantage. Teams feed off energy from their crowd, which is hard to generate with the smaller road crowds. There's also the element of having your schedule thrown off by riding a bus instead of staying at the field house, playing in an unfamiliar environment, and dealing with bad visitor facilities in a lot of places (basically every team on this thread). It's mostly mental, but homefield advantage definitely exists in East Texas, just like anywhere else.

So you're telling me that Joaquin making the 5 minute bus ride to Tenaha will throw them off. Heck back when I was in school in the 90's most teams had to ride the bus to their stadium. As far as the unfamiliar environment, these kids have been playing on these district fields all their career. As for the facilities, something tells me in these horrible stadium listed there isn't too much of a difference in the facilities.

One thing I will agree with is that when Carthage takes a bus ride to Jasper or vice versa that is a homefield advantage but that's a good distance also.

Wow!!! Ugly is ugly. In the old days a tird is a tird. Many schools don't have the tax base to improve. We all need to play on the field offered. The boys can change behind a tarp. They don't care