What's Gladewater gonna be like next year?

BearPride6

I think they have the top college defensive prospect in the state next year who still be a Junior. That guy is a BEAST. Although after hearing he is committed to Texas AnM you have to worry about his judgement. LOL

He's not committed. Was close but the Bama offer slowed everything down.

Gladewater will be a playoff team next season.

I think it's hard to say at this point. They always seem to start out with promise, but then hit a wall in district. I think the district will drop off a little this year, with Henderson possibly being down, so i see it playing out like this:

1) Gilmer

2) Kilgore

3) Chapel Hill

4) Gladewater

5) Henderson

6) Bullard

7) Spring Hill

Honestly, I think 3-6 could swap any given night, so it will be interesting to see how this district plays out. Gladewater will defiantly be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

I think it's hard to say at this point. They always seem to start out with promise, but then hit a wall in district. I think the district will drop off a little this year, with Henderson possibly being down, so i see it playing out like this:

1) Gilmer

2) Kilgore

3) Chapel Hill

4) Gladewater

5) Henderson

6) Bullard

7) Spring Hill

Honestly, I think 3-6 could swap any given night, so it will be interesting to see how this district plays out. Gladewater will defiantly be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

I agree. The thing with Gladewater is they MUST win the games they are supposed to win. The last three years they have opened district with Gilmer, not an easy team to beat (for sure), then Spring Hill, a game they should win but haven't. IF Gladewater can get out the habit of losing that second district game against a beatable team, then I think they will stay in the hunt. They have seemed to put waaaaay too much emphasis on beating Gilmer in the past, and when they don't get that done they have a letdown and lose to Spring Hill the next week. That can't happen anymore or they will be on the outside looking in. I'm like you, Frisco, the top 2 teams in the district will definitely be Gilmer and Kilgore (though we don't know which order for sure, but I would give Gilmer the slight edge). The 3rd through 6th spots will be a dogfight for the last two playoff spots, in my opinion.

Tje noise will be screams after their annual spanking by the Bux...then we will move onto the following season...same song, different verse.

Just when you think ol' Buckeye Bob has passed up a chance to make something about Gilmer..............

You know Buckeye y'all are pretty dang good. Most people know that. I hope you can get to some level of success that does not require you to pound your chest and tell everyone how great y'all are. Most folks that KNOW they are really good don't feel the need to have to tell everyone.