Best baseball team in east TX last 10 years?

In 2A Elkhart has to be mentioned at least.

2003- Area Finalist (Lost to San Augustine)

2004- Regional Quarterfinalist (Lost to Rosebud Lott)

2005- Regional Quarterfinalist (Lost to eventual state champion Woodville in 3 games)

2006- Regional Quarterfinalist (Lost to Woodville)

2007- Area Finalist (Lost to Central Heights)

2008- Bi-District Finalist (Lost to Troup)

2009- Missed Playoffs

2010- Missed Playoffs

2011- Area Finalist (Lost to Centerville)

2012- State Semi-Finalist (Lost to eventual state champion Jarrell in a 13 inning classic)

2013- Regional Quarterfinalist and still playing!

Texas High 2009 may be best high school team in Texas last 20 years. Not only won 4A state championship, but had the New York Yankees No. 1 draft pick. Slade Heathcott could hit with anyone and threw 95 mile per hour fastball. Randall Fant now at University of Arkansas threw 92 and won state championship game. Josh Turley had great career at Baylor and is now in the pros. Two other pitchers that thews in high 80s. Solid infield and great outfield. Many of these kids played the following summer for Texarkana American Legion team that went to the World Series.

If it is the best team in their one school year over the past decade,

I submit the 2010 3A State Champ Pleasant Grove Hawks.

*35-2 record, Top two pitchers under single digit ERA, no losses.

and the #3 was a soph southpaw who ended up with a ring two years later, and holds the wins record at PG.

I think one loss was an early non-district loss to Hallsville, the other, can't remember.

*only 2 losses, may be off on the wins.

Now that I see Hornet's post, they have impressive argument.

Once again, Texarkana baseball produces.

Just saying you can't be the best if you haven't won state. I don't remember the year that Carthage was dominant. ( Not a fan)

Guessing 2001

Ahhh.. So Stamford was better than Cedar Hill this past season because Stamford won state and Cedar Hill didn't..

Got it.

come on now in their respected classes. Thats like saying Longview is better than everyone else in football lol.

They are.

Anyways best baseball team in the last 10 years though is possibly that Texas High team that won state. Or the liberty eylau team with middle brooks on it

I wil throw out Texas High 2009 for 4A. Beat Corpus Christi Moody who was considered the best team in the country for 4A state title.

I apologize to any accolades I miss to any members of the team:

Slade Heathcott (CF) - #1 draft pick of New York Yankees (considered a top prospect in their organization)

Josh Turley(P/RF) - 3 year starter at Baylor, 1st year in Detroit organization

Ryan Fant (P) - Sunday pitcher for Arkansas

Caleb Dudley (P/SS) - Closer Louisiana Tech (set school record for saves)

Carlton Bailey 2b - playing for Harvard

Hunter Allday (1b) - played for TC and Arkansas Monticello

Nathan Sorsenson (RF) - on A&M roster as a pitcher

Caleb Adams - LF - playing for Louisiana Lafayette and current #7 in NCAA div 1 stats for homeruns

Pretty salty for one team.

Texas High 2009 may be best high school team in Texas last 20 years. Not only won 4A state championship, but had the New York Yankees No. 1 draft pick. Slade Heathcott could hit with anyone and threw 95 mile per hour fastball. Randall Fant now at University of Arkansas threw 92 and won state championship game. Josh Turley had great career at Baylor and is now in the pros. Two other pitchers that thews in high 80s. Solid infield and great outfield. Many of these kids played the following summer for Texarkana American Legion team that went to the World Series.

And with this, the debate is over. THIGH ALL THE WAY!

I wil throw out Texas High 2009 for 4A. Beat Corpus Christi Moody who was considered the best team in the country for 4A state title.

I apologize to any accolades I miss to any members of the team:

Slade Heathcott (CF) - #1 draft pick of New York Yankees (considered a top prospect in their organization)

Josh Turley(P/RF) - 3 year starter at Baylor, 1st year in Detroit organization

Ryan Fant (P) - Sunday pitcher for Arkansas

Caleb Dudley (P/SS) - Closer Louisiana Tech (set school record for saves)

Carlton Bailey 2b - playing for Harvard

Hunter Allday (1b) - played for TC and Arkansas Monticello

Nathan Sorsenson (RF) - on A&M roster as a pitcher

Caleb Adams - LF - playing for Louisiana Lafayette and current #7 in NCAA div 1 stats for homeruns

Pretty salty for one team.

Agreed bordertown.

There have been some great East Texas programs with long runs. Here is a case for Central Heights.

Since 2001,

- the Blue Devils have gone 315-100-3 overall with many Quality wins over 3A and 4A teams

- 158-18 in District games

- numerous players have been a part of 100 or more wins over their 4 year careers in High School ( Not sure how many times this feat has actually been accomplished in Texas High School Baseball)

- 12 straight 20 win seasons

- 13 straight post-season trips

- 9 outright district championships and 2 district co-championships

- 1 State Championship in 2004 w/ a 37-2 record

- area finalists 3 times, Quarter finalists 5 times, regional Semi finalists 2 times and regional finalists in 2012

- Two different times produces the 2a player of the year

- Nineteen different players gone on to accept Baseball Scholarships at such schools as Rice, Oklahoma State,Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Sam Houston SFA and others.

- 2 players drafted in the top two rounds of the MLB draft. Trey Haley-08, Compensatory pick ( 76th overall ) of the Cleveland Indians and Dane Phillips --2010- second round pick, 70th overall by the San Diego Padres in 2012.

This years 2013 team is starting 6 freshmen and will face Woodville in the Area-Quarter final round.

The future looks bright!

That is a Best Program case. Other thread I think the title probably asks the question of a program over one year, or which team.

That said, Which of the Central Heights teams is the dominant year, in your opinion? The '04?

Yes, the 04 Central Heights team would have to be the Programs best to this point. Seven players off of that team earned baseball scholarships and 1 more walked on and made a team. 37 wins for a season still has to rank as all time high amongst 2A teams. Eight players off of that team made the State Tournament All Tournament team and the one that did'nt was voted the 2A player of the year as well as played in the 2A all-star game.

Carthage, hands down!

Must mean 2009, the last year they won State.

Went 26-6-1

In the Pleasant Grove teams, I might even (since it's East Texas, winning State doesn't factor)

consider the team that lost to Snyder in '08.

Wacha and Phillips were pitching then.

Phillips is at Texas State, and the Cards drafted Michael.

They lost a close one in the final, only a great play by the shortstop ranging past second for the final out kept them from a ring that year.Great game.

I would have liked to see that team play the other two Champ ( '10 & '12)squads, even though some of the players were the same.